Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
reaper_swpz

Just me or are CV utter garbage now

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,019 posts
6,053 battles

I mean seriously, I have absolutely nothing to be concerned about even if a CV focuses on me the entire game. Doesn't matter if I'm a BB, CA or DD, they can't hurt me at all. I have more to worry about by anyone other than the CV. Before being focused by a CV was an instant death sentence, now, they're at best an annoyance. This is accounting for the DoTs which are mostly useless anyways as unless you're hit in the extremities, you won't ever flood to death. With 2 bombs fires don't matter either.

Seems like a very dumb rework to turn something that was utterly devastating in skilled hands into... something that's useless in almost all cases. Without the formerly massive alpha strike doesn't seem useful anymore.

Just me or anyone else?

Edited by reaper_swpz
  • Cool 1

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

No...not just you. I concur.

On the SEA server I have just played five Co-op games all of which, by the time I was sunk, had the two (my teams and human-controlled) CVs still trying to sink two BBs and a DD.
In all five instances I got fed up waiting for the end and left them to their own devices.

This new CV system is rubbish compared to the old method.
I wouldn't be bothered buying a carrier now yet had several with the original system.

Edited by JervisBay

[HINON]
Members
10,770 posts
5 minutes ago, JervisBay said:

It's going to take players some time to get the skills to make them effective. This is only day one of a pretty big rework of the CV system. Did you expect them to be nuking ships left and right like the old system?

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

....Did you expect them to be nuking ships left and right like the old system?

No, not at all but I certainly didn't expect the mess that was presented to us.

[AAA]
Members
637 posts
7,364 battles

Cv suck now. I wasn’t any good with the old ones but I could rock coop. Heck today two cvs couldnt carry a coop match. Completely unfair matchmaking when the bots have two extra surface ships and I couldn’t sink a john boat

Members
1,990 posts
78 battles

And people said that CVs are very overpowered in the rework with "infinite planes that can strike and kill every ship with impunity".

[HINON]
Members
10,770 posts
1 minute ago, wstugamd said:

Cv suck now. I wasn’t any good with the old ones but I could rock coop. Heck today two cvs couldnt carry a coop match. Completely unfair matchmaking when the bots have two extra surface ships and I couldn’t sink a john boat

I and another CV have carried multiple COOPs today. It wasnt the first match though. I had to play a number to get the basics down and I imagine it will be similar for many players. New skills take time to develop.

Members
2,939 posts
3,738 battles

Tier IV CV I can play, the higher tiers the AA just murders me cos I can't get the hang of dodging the flak. I think there's got to be more changes to this.

Members
1,019 posts
6,053 battles

Well when I start dying to CV then maybe my opinion will change.

1-10k potential damage times 3 that I'll dodge at a 70% rate is nothing. Absolutely nothing. A monkey could survive it.

Edited by reaper_swpz

[SIM]
Members
3,583 posts
5,723 battles

CVs were massively overpowered before, now they aren't. That's going to rub some people the wrong way, regardless of actual balance. I've seen some captains who have adapted to the new system do fairly well in CVs, but we aren't going to know the value of the new system until people have had a chance to get good with it.

Members
71 posts
6,775 battles

Yeah played my Lex a lot this afternoon and at T8 (being put into T10 matches) its impossible. Best I can do is fly around spotting and avoiding ships. If I try to strike anything even a Musashi I lose half or more of my planes even when avoiding flak clouds as much as possible (with all of the survival mods/skills). Waste of a ship slot atm. Loaded up my Seattle and dropped about 30 planes in one match easily with no danger at all to my ship. 

Members
2,939 posts
3,738 battles
1 minute ago, PowerSurged said:

Yeah played my Lex a lot this afternoon and at T8 (being put into T10 matches) its impossible. Best I can do is fly around spotting and avoiding ships. If I try to strike anything even a Musashi I lose half or more of my planes even when avoiding flak clouds as much as possible (with all of the survival mods/skills). Waste of a ship slot atm. Loaded up my Seattle and dropped about 30 planes in one match easily with no danger at all to my ship. 

Yeah. I haven't even bothered running an AA build or actively switching my AA sector since the patch and I'm still murdering aircraft.

Members
1,019 posts
6,053 battles

Yeah, when you can sail solo in Musashi... and CV are unable to harm you... lol

I've changed all my AA builds into anything but AA. Doesn't even matter if I kill the planes or not, the strikes are so harmless I could leave the entire squadron intact and it's at best an annoyance.

Edited by reaper_swpz

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles
3 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

Yeah ran into that problem today using carriers in co-op. Only played them to knock off the steel snowflakes, it wasn't worth the effort for the coal. Managed to rack up the least impressive damage scores yet with my carriers, highest score I got was with my Kaga who beat the crap out of a bot with her secondaries..... The planes were useless. Anyways does not matter, sold everyone save my Langley who now has my 19 point Lexington captain on her, and Saipan. I probably will sell the premium carrier but waiting to see what the requirements and rewards of the CV campaign are before dumping her. If it is something I want, will do it, if not, Saipan goes to the breakers as well. Now I just have to figure out what to do with close to $250 in doubloons... 

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,485 posts
8,156 battles

Player skill issue. I can do easily over 120k with my Hakuryu and twice as much against easy bot enemies. I'm not even all that good at it either. Don't expect to do as much in a T8 obviously, but it's still alright, as long as you're good at juking the flack.

Members
2,939 posts
3,738 battles
1 hour ago, NeoRussia said:

as long as you're good at juking the flack.

And if you're just mediocre at dodging the flak, CVs are essentially worthless.

I was immune to planes in my Hood, without even popping DFAA. That's nuts.

[REN]
Beta Testers
58 posts
6,068 battles

And now a few months later.
Not a whole lot has changed.

You can still focus on a Battleship as a CV and take a third of the round to sink him even if he's a total potato.

They are in a better place now, it's just not a very interesting place.

Sign in to follow this