Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
C6tom

First Impressions of the Rework

2 comments in this topic

[USNGL]
Members
87 posts
5,103 battles

I played a couple of matches today in both my Enterprise and my Midway. Now I haven't played enough to get a full opinion but here are my first impressions and i'm curious to see what the rest of the community also thinks.

Cons:

The big glaring thing is that AA is basically as powerful if not more powerful now then it was in 7.12 and earlier. All those cries for AA buffs from the PTS worked and now even against solo BBs my planes suffer greatly. I was in my Midway with a DB squadron and a solo Freddy was able to wipe the squadron with me only getting 2 drops from full health ( in a very short amount of time). I'm fine with a Des Moines Minotaur Worcester etc. doing that but Battleships shouldn't be able to do that so effectively. Yes I should lose some planes but all of them in a relatively short amount of time is insane. 

When I was playing in the closed beta test and the PTS AA was just plain useless and I don't want it to be useless but having it be just broken OP doesn't help anyone either. There is a middle ground and WG has to find it. 

Plane controls are sloppy with the WASD now this could just take some getting used to I give you that but again these are just my first impressions.

Carrier interaction is non existent except attacking/being attacked the fighter consumable just isn't enough

Pros:

No more dealing with strafing. ( The sole good part about the aforementioned carrier interaction)

[CASC1]
Members
30 posts
1,989 battles
40 minutes ago, C6tom said:

When I was playing in the closed beta test and the PTS AA was just plain useless and I don't want it to be useless but having it be just broken OP doesn't help anyone either. There is a middle ground and WG has to find it. 

Plane controls are sloppy with the WASD now this could just take some getting used to I give you that but again these are just my first impressions.

They buffed the AA for the 3rd round of PTS last week.  I agree that the pendulum swung too far the other way though.

During PTS I've found that the ideal method is to use the AD keys for large motions and to move the mouse to precision movements.  trust in your mouse hand as you guide them in.  The WS keys are very useful for avoiding flak and rapid turns but be careful not to linger over a target by slowing down too much.

Sign in to follow this