You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_5th_Muddog

CV's suck so bad now

123 comments in this topic

[SMART]
Members
5 posts
3,768 battles

Wargamming, you reworked the CVs to make them  more fun for a larger portion of the the players playing this game.  Thats fine.  Problem is, the reworks sucks.  CV's are mostly ineffective now.  Specially if you are a poor bastard that gets dropped into a match 2 tiers higher than you.  Your planes cant compete with the ridiculous AA.  This new version of cvs is not fun.  As a matter of fact, it is so unfun, I am uninstalling all wargamming games from my computer for good.  You guys messed up World of Tanks, and now World of Warships.  While I am sure there are plenty of players that will disagree with how bad CVs are in this update, and they will surely attempt to flame me, there are more than an equal number of players that will hate what you have done with the game.  I am not even a predominant CV player, thats how bad this update is, to make me want to uninstall it forever.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 4

[USNGL]
Members
87 posts
5,315 battles

I have to play more matches before I pass my final judgment but I my first impressions are inline with yours in terms of carriers effectiveness. The cries for AA buffs made AA way too strong. 

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
284 posts
10,692 battles

I stopped playing WoT because it become too arcade (after spending a lot of money) and I have to play more this update, but looks like I will stop playing also WoWs after also spending a lot of money. Good work WG, dont listen to loyal customers and try to get a lot of the console kids... nice business decision. 

Sorry, but strongly dissapointed with the direction the game is going... Never was a simulator, but now is becoming a mindless arcade, point and click, almost no strategy.

Sad, was here since alpha, had the potential to become a great game on a niche without competitors... now is becoming more and more a dumb console game.

• Cool 6

[SPQR_]
Members
9 posts
11,375 battles
1 hour ago, _5th_Muddog said:

Wargamming, you reworked the CVs to make them  more fun for a larger portion of the the players playing this game.  Thats fine.  Problem is, the reworks sucks.  CV's are mostly ineffective now.  Specially if you are a poor bastard that gets dropped into a match 2 tiers higher than you.  Your planes cant compete with the ridiculous AA.  This new version of cvs is not fun.  As a matter of fact, it is so unfun, I am uninstalling all wargamming games from my computer for good.  You guys messed up World of Tanks, and now World of Warships.  While I am sure there are plenty of players that will disagree with how bad CVs are in this update, and they will surely attempt to flame me, there are more than an equal number of players that will hate what you have done with the game.  I am not even a predominant CV player, thats how bad this update is, to make me want to uninstall it forever.

Ineffective my left toe! I got perma dropped in my GK (4 drops in all) by 1 torp sqd. You can't outturn them when you speed drops so they just keep dropping you so DC is useless. Not only that I watched 1 torp sqd kill 2 nearly full health BBs AFTER the CV driver died.

You wanted to make it easier for CV drivers to focus, cool. But now everyone ELSE has to do more to counter it. For instance again my GK, now I have to focus my secondaries, focus my angle, forcus my targets, and focus my friggin AA to have a chance of not getting deleted at 16kts trying to dodge planes and torps and shells from 2 frickin' CVs perma dropping, AND the DDs and other ships. I mean it's wasnt so bad before, atleast you had time after a drop to get going again after a turn, not anymore.

Yeah made it so much fun now. I am done with this crap for a while.

Edited by HawkUSMC
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,413 posts
2,784 battles
1 hour ago, _5th_Muddog said:

don't forget they also messed up Warplanes too. WG should be observing their Polish neighbors (CDPR) for inspiration but noooo! everyone in WG and in the forums laugh me off as a madman and what i predicted came to pass.

• Cool 2

[W-G]
Members
38 posts
9,651 battles

i agree they broke the CV play  so badly with AA  and the controls of the aircraft make it so easy to take out a cv  hope they realize how broken they made cv play and one can hope they realize it and roll it back to the old way 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,904 posts
23,457 battles

I think that there's going to be a skill gap between those who played the CV rework beta and the PTS to learn how to play the new CVs and those of us who had no interest in doing so.  Those that did have a head start on the rest of us in getting used to playing these new CVs.

It also doesn't help (at least for me) that I have no idea how close to the target ship I should start my attack.  I've tried DB-ing enemy ships only to be too far a way and having the squadron pull out of the attack.  

It also doesn't help that there's no aim guide, like for DDs, for the torp bombers.  In the old RTS model, it really wasn't that necessary because one could get used to it with manual attacks very quickly.  But in this new model, I have literally no idea how much I should lead enemy ships.  None whatsoever.  And I've had quite a few of my drops just go sailing behind the enemy BB.  It's really annoying.

Another thing that I find annoying is when I make my first attack run (regardless of squadron type) the other planes in the squadron are getting just as hammered as the handful of planes actually making the attack.  Why aren't the follow up waves hanging further back out of AA range?  They seem to be just as close to the  target as the planes actually attacking, so that it gets increasingly more difficult to have any planes left after the first or second wave.  With TBs, I guess that you could try to do your drops at longer range, but the rocket and DB squadrons have no choice but to get up close and personal … and get hammered.

I will hold off any final judgement on CVs because I know that this isn't truly the final (as much as anything is final in this game) version of CVs.   But right now, it's pretty damned brutal.

• Cool 2

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,354 posts
8,419 battles

Yeah, I've been feeling like AA is way too effective right now; it's not a good feeling to lose an entire squad in a space of a few seconds from flak bursts.

Also feels like damage from airstrikes is wildly inconsistent and usually scratch damage unless you get lucky. Especially given how long it takes to get max accuracy on an air strike.

Aiming feels really finicky and easy to get your aim thrown off, too

[USMC2]
Members
129 posts
10,831 battles

I put a large part of the blame on the Community contributors. They posted videos of them playing against bots in the play testing and were like "look how easy it is to avoid the aa" it's nothing like this in a match. esp being under 2 ranks.

This will go down as the NGE of world of warships.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,354 posts
8,419 battles
10 minutes ago, Tyranthrax said:

I put a large part of the blame on the Community contributors. They posted videos of them playing against bots in the play testing and were like "look how easy it is to avoid the aa" it's nothing like this in a match. esp being under 2 ranks.

This will go down as the NGE of world of warships.

Wonder how many might lose CC status due to backlash over their 'sky is falling' claptrap.

[USMC2]
Members
129 posts
10,831 battles
Just now, Zaydin said:

Wonder how many might lose CC status due to backlash over their 'sky is falling' claptrap.

They seemed to have a huge influence. I play tested but didn't see the issue with aa at all.

Members
38 posts
16,356 battles

I think biggest ? I had when reading about the changes is the inability to control your ship when aircraft are in play.  Sooo, if your carrier is targeted by planes, you can either use fighters to defend, or return them (or whichever aircraft type you had operating) and take evasive  maneuvers with  your cv, but not both - now that is whacked!!!

------------

Have played a few rounds in co-op, and it's both fun and frustrating.  One drop at a time, can't scout more than just one area of the game map, and why do I have press 'f' to return planes to cv when there  are none left to return after being flamed by AA?

------------

... few more games under co-op, and this new change has quickly lost it's luster.  Tier IV AA just seems to have been amplified even more so.  The developers have certainly succeeded in discouraging cv play for most.

-------------

Right, after a few player matches,  have important edit to make and that is fighters are not fighters.  They can't engage other aircraft, but only shoot rockets at ships.   Again they have missed the historical aspect of fighters being an important part of defending ships from enemy aircraft.

Edited by Halus
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,900 posts
3,206 battles

I think WG purposely underpowered the release CVs so that the other classes didn't get nuked out of the water, which would have cost them more players. Can you imagine the uproar if CVs were stupidly overpowered? But as a result, the CVs are just bad right now. I think they going to have to fix thing fast, or the CV players will give them up and no new players will fill the gap because right now any other ship type is more rewarding.

• Cool 3

Members
2 posts
181 battles

I have been matched in multiple games as a carrier against ships 3 tiers above me. Needless to say it was not fun watching my ENTIRE squadrons get one or two shotted by 1-2 ships...  All im saying is that there should never be 3 tiers difference in ships between the lowest and highest.

[BUNNY]
Members
104 posts
10 minutes ago, Tankb40 said:

I have been matched in multiple games as a carrier against ships 3 tiers above me. Needless to say it was not fun watching my ENTIRE squadrons get one or two shotted by 1-2 ships...  All im saying is that there should never be 3 tiers difference in ships between the lowest and highest.

Wait, so Tier 6 get matched against tier 9 now?

Members
2 posts
181 battles
Just now, Professor_Jumbo said:

Wait, so Tier 6 get matched against tier 9 now?

I was tier 4 in tier 7 matches, most often the only tier four in the match other than another poor sucker in a tier 4 CV on the other team. We are both almost always bottom of the score board.

[143RD]
Members
26 posts
7,546 battles

The planes controls suck. I can't hit a dam thing with the TBs and I have no idea what to do with the DBs. Who's idea what this crap!? Not intuitive AT ALL!

• Cool 3

[BUNNY]
Members
104 posts

19 minutes ago, Tankb40 said:

I was tier 4 in tier 7 matches, most often the only tier four in the match other than another poor sucker in a tier 4 CV on the other team. We are both almost always bottom of the score board. 

Great.  So the matchmaking wasn't bad enough already, and now we're going be uptiered by three!?  I think WG is trolling us.

[-H-]
Members
2 posts
15,127 battles

I am so disapointed with the CV rework.  Cv cant kill a rushing DD at all, you simply die, I was in a game where a Daring hunted both CVs and kill them a took only a few rockets for like 2k damage... And I saw a Des Moines being attacked by planes again and again and he only shot down 13 planes in all.  The fact that CV have unlimited planes is [edited]. The CV can throw planes at you for 20 minutes...  And the planes are so fast, they get back too quickly, so if you play a DD, you smoke up and when your smoke goes out, you are dead.... Enough with the CVs....  Create a game mode only for CVs and allow to play the game without them at all!!!!!

[W-G]
Members
38 posts
9,651 battles

barely doing damage with 20 torp hits only doing a total damage of 30k  this is gonna make most cv players stop playing the cv line i am sure they are seeing a lot of people selling there tech tree cv  for the credits  and xp to spend else where  this patch is super broken 

[808]
Supertester
874 posts
5,123 battles
10 hours ago, C6tom said:

I have to play more matches before I pass my final judgment but I my first impressions are inline with yours in terms of carriers effectiveness. The cries for AA buffs made AA way too strong. 

Mine as well...I played about 10 games tonight in CVs in Co-Op and multiplayer and something needs to be fixed.

9 hours ago, HawkUSMC said:

Ineffective my left toe! I got perma dropped in my GK (4 drops in all) by 1 torp sqd. You can't outturn them when you speed drops so they just keep dropping you so DC is useless. Not only that I watched 1 torp sqd kill 2 nearly full health BBs AFTER the CV driver died.

You wanted to make it easier for CV drivers to focus, cool. But now everyone ELSE has to do more to counter it. For instance again my GK, now I have to focus my secondaries, focus my angle, forcus my targets, and focus my friggin AA to have a chance of not getting deleted at 16kts trying to dodge planes and torps and shells from 2 frickin' CVs perma dropping, AND the DDs and other ships. I mean it's wasnt so bad before, atleast you had time after a drop to get going again after a turn, not anymore.

Yeah made it so much fun now. I am done with this crap for a while.

That's the exception not the rule.

7 hours ago, Flavius_Julius_1 said:

shot-19.01.30_18.36.32-0041.jpg

To bad we lost, that would have been solid XP and credits. 

How did you manage that much damage?  I had a single Amagi wipe out entire squads of bombers going after it and I was staying well out of the AA envelope of other ships, going around the outside flank.

• Cool 1

[808]
Supertester
874 posts
5,123 battles

Well...I like the new mechanics in general...I've been able to get good hits with all types of bombers.  But the amount of damage being done by CVs is way sub par and AA is far too strong.  I had battleships 2 tiers below my CV completely wiping out bomber squads with no help from cruisers or other ships.  If they bring the damage in-line with other ships and fix the AA so it isn't so OP then this will be a good rework.  Until then it's just broken.

Beta Testers
200 posts
2,029 battles

Well I'm disabled and well the old system was far better for me as far as playing went but this has the benefit of being more dynamic and they needed better AA since complete payer control is on paper an advantage over automatic deployment.

Now its not that bad the trick for me is waiting until ships start splitting up then attacking be patient let the enemy make mistakes. Or get worn down by team fire sinking some ships I usually hunt for the enemy CV first and focus on scouting over attacking but that's me. But I have had some success with the wait and avoid AA in heavier fire until I'm ready to attack.

But the AA is too much to deal with currently maybe if it was less accurate and did less damage it would be better especially strong AA focused builds.

• Cool 1