Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

Massachusetts vs tier X

8 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
214 posts
3,979 battles

Honestly I was skeptical about this ship because of the worse guns compared to NC and Alabama but it seems that she can do well. I just went for the full secondaries build here; captain is still 10pt though.

This one shows great AA:

And here I was a bit upset about so many tier X ships but it did end well:

[FTH]
Members
721 posts
12,408 battles

With her combination of armor and SHS AP...the US BB's actually do uptier fairly well...the main problem with uptiering stops at a point with T7 when you get away from the 21 knot Standards...armors decent, guns are decent, etc...just need the speed to be effective.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,092 posts
13,575 battles

It's almost like the forum tends to exaggerate the importance of dispersion and sigma, and they're just balancing features that can be evened out elsewhere.

[SSBN]
Members
46 posts
2,893 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

It's almost like the forum tends to exaggerate the importance of dispersion and sigma, and they're just balancing features that can be evened out elsewhere.

Exactly this. With what the Mass loses in it's main guns, when she's played correctly, she more than makes up for with secondary guns. My secondary kills with her are about 1/3 of my total kills. Easily my favorite premium ship and would rec to anyone that doesn't enjoy the Yami style play on the 1 line.

[MOH]
Members
441 posts
1,716 battles

So, new build I've been playing around with is with Manual Secondaries, BFT, AFT, and Manual AA.  With the concealment module, you're at 14.5km, which is plenty usable.  The secondaries don't need IFHE to function, so no need to invest there.  Aside from not using the AA module, it's both a very powerful secondary build and a ferocious AA build at the same time.  With the main battery having 18" of armor, you can also run with the Auxiliary Mod 1 module as well for improved auxiliary survivability. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,9,18,23,26,27,28&ship=Battleship

[AFK]
Members
136 posts
11,028 battles

the mass range in real life was 32k,for what reason did it get nerfed to 18?in t x battles if u get close u get pummeled

[MOH]
Members
441 posts
1,716 battles
On 2/4/2019 at 6:01 PM, FantomF4 said:

the mass range in real life was 32k,for what reason did it get nerfed to 18?in t x battles if u get close u get pummeled

Umm, if you're trying to play this ship open ocean and at max range, you're playing it wrong.  It's main battery range is perfectly fine for its role.

Sign in to follow this