218 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,133 posts
6,783 battles

Ahoy Fleet!

The Update 0.8.0 is here, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within a section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us exampleson
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report Please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to your reports! That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here: 

Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

If you're trying to report any technical issue, please make sure to attach WG Check report to your posts. 

If you'd like to leave feedback on the latest content or updates, you can drop them here!

Members
187 posts

Minor bug on the ship carousel it shows Kaga as a Tier VI CV. but when you click on the ship it shows it as tier VIII which is correct. As indicated a minor issue. 

Members
1 post
3,878 battles

Had a lot of very not fun times in one battle, when i managed to reach it.   The game froze before it finished loading the battle, then sat there saying not responding and showing using all of my hard drive, without activating the HD light which does work.  So after almost a minute of trying to get the game to shut down, I get back in to join the co op battle in progress to find most of the players were dead, and likely had the same not responding problem.  I got to find out the planes react about as well as a brick shot from a catapult, very slow in the activation of the attack, doesn't show the aim spot half the time, and then after the battle is lost, ended up being stuck in not responding land again.  Very poorly done update.  Didn't want to find the game reacting worse than the playerbase, but here we are.

[NOT]
Modder
990 posts
5,465 battles

Client refuses to close normally, chose exit then it's back to port. then later it closes itself (after I receive the battle result and was watching it)

InGame Setting screen lost its BG while in battle and refuse to close by clicking on [Esc] button

Camera animation in port still glitching, doing backflip randomly

thTqUlo.jpg

red and green triangles is camera view for signal flag and ensign. if view point for begin and end is at opposite side of the side, there's a fair chance one of these animation will glitch out and do a backflip at the middle of the animation. It happens more on CV

[-AVA-]
Members
173 posts
9,308 battles

First logged on after downloading the update and saw numerous notifications about upgrades removed and added, specifically the AA mod 1. When I checked all my ships, none had the "new" AA mod 1, there were none in the inventory and I didn't have several million more credits to compensate their removal. My son had the exact same issue.

[AOD_B]
Members
9 posts
1,736 battles

OK Keyboard default commands do not work,  TAB doesn't work, escape, enter for chat and O and the tilde key for sector control, this is still working on my EU account which hasn't had the update yet, the ship cannot be controlled, turn left/right and forward lock in place and you end up full throttling into the enemy base and getting slaughtered, this happens with all my ships CA BB and DD, issue needs to be fixed 

Members
40 posts
7,097 battles

Found a bug where if you aircraft are destroyed it automatically launches a new set without the command to. Also the UI bugs out as seen in the screen grab. The last issue is a large spike in lag and ping with this update. Now this could be on my end because we are dealing with high winds and sub zero however, something to look into just in case it is on the server as well.

image.png

Members
9 posts
15,893 battles

I bought the Lunar New Year crates in the Arsenal, all of the special Lunar New Year Permanent camos said they were added, including the Irian. None of those camo are showing up on the External Camouflage section, nor in the Inventory Camouflage section. Making a ticket now.

Anshan_permacamo_addition.jpg

Huanghe_permacamo_addition.jpg

Loyang_PermaCamo_addition.jpg

Irian_camos.jpg

Irian_permaCamo.jpg

Irian_permacamo_addition.jpg

Edited by self_friend_warlock
adding screenshots
  • Cool 2

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

At least ONE or TWO of my carriers have gone AWOL.

She was Japanese.

So now I cannot drive her nor sell her. :(

[TDG]
Members
1,574 posts
7,198 battles
1 minute ago, kiwi1960 said:

At least ONE or TWO of my carriers have gone AWOL.

She was Japanese.

So now I cannot drive her nor sell her. :(

Odd-Tier by any chance?

If so, you should have already received the compensation for that ship and some related items in credits and Free XP.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller
  • Cool 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
3 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Odd-Tier by any chance?

Not sure... if they took the odd or left the even.... or took the even and took the odd... I sold it none the less.

But I had FIVE carriers and was only allowed to sell 3.... looked and none of them showed up in the carousel.

feeling cheated now. :(

Edited by kiwi1960

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
3 minutes ago, SooperNoob said:

After update, won't launch on OSX.  Trace log attached.

backtrace.txt

anything to do with the fact that WoWs is now ONLY 64 bit... 32 bit has bit the iwo jima dust.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[TDG]
Members
1,574 posts
7,198 battles
5 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

Not sure... if they took the odd or left the even.... or took the even and took the odd... I sold it none the less.

Bu I had FIVE carriers and was only allowed to see 3.... looked and none of them showed up in the carousel.

feeling cheated now. :(

With the rework, initially there will be only Even-Tier CVs.  You, and everyone else, with Odd-Tier CVs will have received compensation for the adjustements.

There is an article on the compensation. which I will add to this comment once I find it.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/cv8-which-nation-to-choose/

The details are at the bottom of the linked article.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller
Added link

Members
9 posts
15,893 battles
Just now, YeOldeTraveller said:

With the rework, initially there will be only Even-Tier CVs.  You, and everyone else, with Odd-Tier CVs will have received compensation for the adjustements.

There is an article on the compensation which I will add to this comment once I find it.

That and it's been announced and public knowledge for about 3 months. I heard it at least 4 times a week in Discord and Clan Chat.

[TDG]
Members
1,574 posts
7,198 battles
1 minute ago, kiwi1960 said:

anything to do with the fact that WoWs is now ONLY 64 bit... 32 bit has bit the iwo jima dust.

This is my assumption.  64-bit and DirectX 11 may now be required.

There was an article on this last month, IIRC.  The date, or Patch, with the change was not in that article.  The link to the Discussion thread did not work, so I am looking for more information on that as well.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
Just now, YeOldeTraveller said:

There is an article on the compensation which I will add to this comment once I find it.

Yes, I get that.... but I was only able to sell 3 CV;s.... 2 US and 1 Jap .... where are the other 2 ships? They should have been put in the special inventory category but were not, they are nowhere to be found on my account.

Members
9 posts
15,893 battles
Just now, kiwi1960 said:

Yes, I get that.... but I was only able to sell 3 CV;s.... 2 US and 1 Jap .... where are the other 2 ships? They should have been put in the special inventory category but were not, they are nowhere to be found on my account.

as long as you haven't logged out since you first logged in, you'll have a notifications log about 28 items long. When I logged in, I got 5 minutes worth of modules demounting and ships being sold. If you've logged in and out, you've lost the list.