You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Worst Tier 10 Cruiser

Worst Tier 10 Cruiser  

235 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst Tier 10 Cruiser

• Zao
    • Des Moines
    • Worcester
    • Salem
    • Moskva
    • Hindenburg
    • Minotaur
    • Henri

100 comments in this topic

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
16,276 battles

I'm curious what everybody's opinion is. I'm going to abstain but I don't think it's Moskva which is receiving yet another buff. Battlecruisers will not be included.

I don't think any of them are bad, think of it as least good if you prefer. Which one would you least want to have on your clan battles team?

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

they are all pretty well balanced after legendary mod

if no legendary mod, then probably zao

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,891 posts
15,520 battles
4 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

they are all pretty well balanced after legendary mod

if no legendary mod, then probably zao

They are pretty well balanced even without the mods, it really comes down to does a ship fit your play style.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
10,494 battles

I'll echo what MrDeaf said, they are all well balanced and bring unique strengths to every match. I looked over the list and can't really find one ship that stands out among the rest as being worse. 

• Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Worst in what context/situation? its hard to answer without knowing that.

If you say worst at spamming HE, than Minotaur is the worst, since it doesn't even has HE. But if you say worst concealment, than Minotaur is the best.

IMO T10 cruisers are well balanced, and they are all good in the right situation.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
27,900 posts
40,172 battles

I don't think that there really is a worst overall tier 10 cruiser.  They're all quite good and when played to their strengths, can all be very powerful.  I will say though that some may be more flexible than others.  And some of them don't do well when pushed outside of their comfort zone, whereas the more flexible ones can operate effectively in a wider variety of situations.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
7,875 posts
42,652 battles

I'd say there is no bad or worst T10 cruiser. It all depends on which one you do not like or can't play well.

For me those would be Moskva and Worcester. Not bad, just that I  can't gel.

Best for me are Hindenburg and Zao, followed by DM and Henri. For some people DM is best. It is all relative. As I said, none are inherently bad, with or without Legendary.

Members
631 posts
11 battles

Since the smoke meta changed, the Mino has changed quite a bit. I think it can be a lethal ship but seems to do much better with division mates to support it. Playing randoms solo can be rough.

[DANKY]
Members
734 posts
2,066 battles

I support voting Salem here, but I have seen it absolutely terrorize teams when the driver makes good use of its survivability advantage. 

[JEDI-]
Members
2,825 posts
10,293 battles

I don't see Stalingrad on there. :cap_wander:

Someone has to have done poorly in it and as such hate it right?

Right?

Nvm...carry on.

• Meh 1

[NGAT]
Members
563 posts
17,329 battles

I voted for Zao, but only because I can’t seem to make that ship work for me like the others.  I think the tier 10 cruisers are all fantastic ships.  One of the few types and tiers that there are no stinkers at all.

Edited by RumpledSteelskins

[ARGSY]
Members
30,519 posts
27,952 battles
8 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I don't see Stalingrad on there. :cap_wander:

Someone has to have done poorly in it and as such hate it right?

Right?

Nvm...carry on.

OP stated up front that they are not including the battlecruisers.

I am assuming anyone who put all that effort/steel into Stalingrad only to find that she sucked has suffered such a complete detonation of their rage centres that they have regressed into mindless near- catatonia, driving their Orlan round in circles in Tier 1 co-op and intermittently screaming "Is STRONK, COMRADE!"

• Funny 6

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
16,276 battles
27 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

Since the smoke meta changed, the Mino has changed quite a bit. I think it can be a lethal ship but seems to do much better with division mates to support it. Playing randoms solo can be rough.

Minotaur is the only one I don't play anymore. Between smoke firing and the explosion of radar it's not an enjoyable experience for me. I still think it's viable though because of how fast it can kill DDs which gives your team a big advantage.

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I'm curious what everybody's opinion is. I'm going to abstain but I don't think it's Moskva which is receiving yet another buff. Battlecruisers will not be included.

What buff is Moskva getting?

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles

I picked Moskva. It is imo the hardest cruiser to have meaningful game impact in as a decent player. But not by a huge margin.

The Salem is lower stat wise now because anyone playing a lot can get it with coal, making it look worse. It'd be my second pick though as it's in most ways just inferior to the Des Moines. Mino is also lower stat wise but in my opinion this is because the "easy to get nuked" factor is higher.

However, it's important to realize that ships like the Moskva are easier for average/below average players because they are more forgiving of mistakes than ships like the Mino. With the huge HP pool and ability to bow in and at least survive somewhat, the Moskva is better for people who are not good with cruisers. 

1 minute ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

+5 seconds to Radar, range increased to 12km.

Ah right, that will be nice.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
9 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Minotaur is the only one I don't play anymore. Between smoke firing and the explosion of radar it's not an enjoyable experience for me. I still think it's viable though because of how fast it can kill DDs which gives your team a big advantage.

ya, I just played it based on this thread.. I may not play it again unless I am in a division with a DD... Randoms are too random for me in this ship.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
Just now, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Looks like the Salem is "leading" the pack.

I am guessing that those voting for the Salem do not have the Des Moines... but got the Salem with FreeXP and haven't learned how to play it. Its a tweaked Des Moines.

Members
2,304 posts
11,472 battles

I'm going to have to say Mino.

I have like a 70% WR in her and a high average damage, but that ship is a terrible experience for me. It has many things going for it, but there's no other ship where I look at each individual incoming salvo and wonder 'is this where it ends?' 

This ship is what I imagine having anxiety feels like.

• Funny 4

Alpha Tester
4,302 posts
7,932 battles

Minotaur parses to me as the worst, it doesn't bring a great deal to the table in return for its huge vulnerabilities. Smoke is its main self-defense tool, but it can be radared out in the current meta or simply blindfired, which will deal a lot of damage because of Minotaur's bad armor and target profile. RN super heal is basically a patch to make it viable, it's good but Minotaur tends to just get evaporated before it can really use it to full effect.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I don't think any of them are bad, think of it as least good if you prefer. Which one would you least want to have on your clan battles team?

There should almost be subcategories for your question. Like 1v1 or meaningful impact on a game. I am sure many opinions would change.

[WORX]
Members
16,909 posts
22,074 battles

None of the above should be an option.

All the ships listed above have their liability issues, this stems from the overly generous BB buffs to AP.

Now regardless if you're the recipient or donor of the alpha strike capable of the BBs. If you agree for BBs having the only armament with alpha strike capable OR think its a BB power creep. It

1. Does feel good to dev strike a cruiser.
  2. Doesn't feel good when you're on the team of the fallen cruiser of the dev strike.

What end up happening is, no matter what cruiser you take (except RU). A BB can delete you from the other cap, out of the cruisers battery range. IMO all tier 10 cruisers are weak and inferior. 

In summery, just because it feels good to send a cruiser to port, doesn't mean its good for the overall MACRO view of the game.

Option: None of the above.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

Members
631 posts
11 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

None of the above should be an option.

All the ships listed above have their liability issues, this stems from the overly generous BB buffs to AP.

Now regardless if you're the recipient or donor of the alpha strike capable of the BBs. If you agree for BBs having the only armament with alpha strike capable OR think its a BB power creep. It

1. Does feel good to dev strike a cruiser.
  2. Doesn't feel good when you're on the team of the fallen cruiser of the dev strike.

What end up happening is, no matter what cruiser you take (except RU). A BB can delete you from the other cap out of the cruisers battery range. IMO all tier 10 cruisers are weak and inferior. 

In summery, just because it feels good to send a cruiser to port, doesn't mean its good for the overall MACRO view of the game.

None of the above.

I don't understand your post, but I sense genius.

See the source image