You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Neagrosk

I'm going to miss playing AA Sims

10 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
2,377 battles

I know the Sims isn't the greatest AA boat (overshadowed mostly by the Kidd), but the combination of maneuverability and decent long range AA values made for some really fun games. Here's to hoping the playstyle still works after 0.8.0.

Anyone else got AA Sims stories?

Sims40.png

Members
171 posts
5,013 battles

Based on what I've seen and read, DD AA is going to be pretty potent agaisnt same tier CV. Don't think you have too much to worry about.

[ARP2]
Members
1,331 posts
3,615 battles

Sim is tied with Harekaze as my favorite destroyers.  I cant count the number of times defensive fire has saved my butt.  Such a fun little bote. 

I'm sure she'll still be a solid performer in 0.8.

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
329 posts

Had a total 40somethimg planes shot down in the Dunkirk Operation. That's without a full AA build, all I need on her is AFT and she's golden . She's a good solid boat other than the slow toepa . But she's receiving a buff in 8.0. so we shall see how she handles herself then .

<o,

Members
1,123 posts
7,679 battles

Tier for tier I think sims has better AA than kidd now since there's no t9 CV and t8 CV seem rare.

[GOFU]
Members
871 posts

Yep apart from concealment being out of date i am liking the changes and with more cvs more planes to kill

Set my new record of 25 today

sims AA record.jpg

[-TNT-]
Members
620 posts
7,971 battles

Sims has a solid AA platform when build correctly. Yes I know what you're thinking no CW??!!! It can be difficult but not impossible. I bounce this Fletcher Captain between Sim, Kidd and Fletcher. Love it. 

Captain Kidd skills.png

Members
2,180 posts
10,816 battles

If I could create a T10 DD I would take a Sims, give it Fletcher torps, a 3 second base gun reload, with a 5.8km concealment.

Perfection.

BTW I just did this with MAA Sims against a T8 and T6 CV.  T8 planes are yummy.

image.thumb.png.ad6b7440178cf716a75c4d0a1404f0b9.png