Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kiwi1960

Worst day ever...

14 comments in this topic

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,446 posts

... I lost my temper in game when I was in the P.E.F. and a cruiser cut in front of me... well, he was never going to make it, being feet away from my bow...

I sounded the horn till it was out of steam, smashed into him, immediately put my ship into full reverse ... so what does he do? He really wants to get to the other side of my ship so keeps turning ...

I pushed him while he was sideways for a great distance... had my ship not finally stopped to allow him to get free, I would have crushed him against an island.

I lost it... I was rude beyond belief... I'm ashamed of myself actually.

If that was you, I know your name, or part of it, then I'm sorry. Been playing that ship all day to grind more steel before the event ends and I'm sick of it... not the P.E.F. but the grinding.

(and probably the P.E.F. as well a little bit!)

What I did was uncalled for... what you did was foolish... and I hate being fined for being the victim ... but I'm guilty of road rage so what the hell...

Sorry and sorry to anyone else who had to witness it. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[A-O]
Members
1,022 posts
10,454 battles
1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

... I lost my temper in game when I was in the P.E.F. and a cruiser cut in front of me... well, he was never going to make it, being feet away from my bow...

We all where tempted at one point or another.

I had a guy in CO-OP T1 repeatedly shoot at me right at the beginning. i was so mad I found myself turning my turrets his way and was contemplating something really stupid. Then the reds showed up and saved my sanity and his ship :-)

Edited by freggo

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles

PEF permacamo must say "free hugs" somewhere on my hull because i was rammed repeatedly by cruisers at the start of matches the other day. If im a dd i can pirouette around you but if im a bb its like asking a semi with failing brakes going down a grade to not plow over a clown car that cuts him off... honking... balloons... pancake makeup... pancake clown bodies... all over the place...

• Funny 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,781 posts
16,882 battles

I foolishly felt froggy, and thought I'd try to build up my Iowa captain before going to bed tonight (weekend).  Trying to get ready for the ranked T9 coming soon. We'll it was 0-3 so I quit before it got any worse (three losses in a row is my circuit breaker). Anyways to put the cherry on top of the cake the very start of the last game. A Henri on our team turned his guns and started shooting a GKF on our team over some beef previous to this game. I thought, "of course." Sometimes like this, makes me want to just go the Coop path and stay there. Yes, at times, this game will get your blood pressure up and tempt you to say things you regret later.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,446 posts
2 hours ago, freggo said:

We all where tempted at one point or another.

I had a guy in CO-OP T1 repeatedly shoot at me right at the beginning. i was so mad I found myself turning my turrets his way and was contemplating something really stupid. Then the reds showed up and saved my sanity and his ship :-)

Tonight actually got worse... the exact same thing happened again just within the past half hour... The idiot actually said "Oh well, its only Co-Op"....

Being pink for firing on him is the price I'm willing to pay... "Oh well, its only Co-Op" :Smile_trollface: Yes, I know, I'm evil... but waddya gunna do?

2 hours ago, Xanshin said:

PEF permacamo must say "free hugs" somewhere on my hull because i was rammed repeatedly by cruisers at the start of matches the other day. If im a dd i can pirouette around you but if im a bb its like asking a semi with failing brakes going down a grade to not plow over a clown car that cuts him off... honking... balloons... pancake makeup... pancake clown bodies... all over the place...

I don't know why they don't go behind!!! No wonder there is so much road rage on the roads, some people drive the way they driver their ships!

1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I foolishly felt froggy, and thought I'd try to build up my Iowa captain before going to bed tonight (weekend).  Trying to get ready for the ranked T9 coming soon. We'll it was 0-3 so I quit before it got any worse (three losses in a row is my circuit breaker). Anyways to put the cherry on top of the cake the very start of the last game. A Henri on our team turned his guns and started shooting a GKF on our team over some beef previous to this game. I thought, "of course." Sometimes like this, makes me want to just go the Coop path and stay there. Yes, at times, this game will get your blood pressure up and tempt you to say things you regret later.

Well, that is just plain stupid. Once the game is over, that is it, but to take it to the next game... stupid.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day... certainly cannot be worse than this day has been. Apparently... the idiots were having a convention so I'm hoping its over by the time I leave port tomorrow.

:Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
3,235 posts
13,834 battles
4 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

A Henri on our team turned his guns and started shooting a GKF on our team over some beef previous to this game. I thought, "of course."

I see this fairly often.  One player shoots another right out of spawn.  Even seen it in a few Ranked battles.  And I don't often play ranked.  Last T8 season I saw it in three consecutive games.  I stopped playing ranked after that.  Think I may have played one Ranked Sprint battle since.  In one of his videos, Jingles put a PSA at the start of one.  He showed a clip of someone shooting a team mate right out of spawn.  Stopped it there and said that if this was in your replay, don't even bother sending it because it will never appear on his channel.  Didn't matter how awesome the game was.  He said if you do this, you're not a good player, you're just an [everyone can guess what word he used here].  

In the "What would you like to see" thread, one of the things I listed was an elevated level of punishment for players who do this.  I understand FF happens.  There are times when everyone is too close and dispersion will have a shell fly over the red and hit a green.  But at times it's worth the risk if killing that one red will swing the match.  But FF happening WELL before any reds are spotted is truly inexcusable.  

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,847 posts
26,372 battles
3 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

I’m hoping tomorrow will be a better day... certainly cannot be worse than this day has been. Apparently... the idiots were having a convention so I'm hoping its over by the time I leave port tomorrow.

:Smile_izmena:

Unplanned, forced time off from the game for me, (last night getting more and more pissed off trying to grind PeeF credits.)

...forgot to pay the interwebs bill...

...not so strangely, I’m getting to take a break until I can arrange to do so.

:Smile_facepalm:

[A-O]
Members
1,022 posts
10,454 battles
6 hours ago, Xanshin said:

I just pictured that and now I have coffee all over my mouse pad :-)

• Funny 2

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
3 hours ago, freggo said:

I just pictured that and now I have coffee all over my mouse pad :-)

i think @iDuckman said hed pay your dry cleaning bill... but you didnt hear it from me...

• Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,781 posts
4,733 battles

@Xanshin lacks slack.  Everyone knows that dry cleaning is obsolete.  The thing will dry on its own.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Funny 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,446 posts
6 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Unplanned, forced time off from the game for me, (last night getting more and more pissed off trying to grind PeeF credits.)

...forgot to pay the interwebs bill...

...not so strangely, I’m getting to take a break until I can arrange to do so.

:Smile_facepalm:

THAT is my biggest fear... so that is why its always paid... yes, I have to grind 3 mill credits to win the last 400 steel to win 19 steel... LOL...

funny thing, just said to my wife before that I'll play it lot less after that cos all the grinding has been done.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,548 battles

One time a couple weeks ago I had a cruiser take a 1-2 minute ride on the Amagi. ...I don't think he enjoyed the ride, but he was leaving me with little options, as he kept getting in the way, and then decided to turn into me. ...So, not feeling like being shoved to a stop, I pushed back, leaving him trying to turn that way for a good while.

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
3 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

One time a couple weeks ago I had a cruiser take a 1-2 minute ride on the Amagi. ...I don't think he enjoyed the ride, but he was leaving me with little options, as he kept getting in the way, and then decided to turn into me. ...So, not feeling like being shoved to a stop, I pushed back, leaving him trying to turn that way for a good while.

Ive even had cruisers hook into my bb at times... neither of us able to properly turn or reverse. If only we had a few more boats to attach we could form voltron...

[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,548 battles
2 hours ago, Xanshin said:

Ive even had cruisers hook into my bb at times... neither of us able to properly turn or reverse. If only we had a few more boats to attach we could form voltron...

My favorite ones are the DDs that end up sideways and such. It's honestly hilarious.

Sign in to follow this