Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

New to CVs? Trying them again after a dry spell? Consider Co-Op first.

19 comments in this topic

Members
806 posts

You've probably read that there is a CV rework in the mix. Maybe that's made you want to finally grind past the Bogue or Zuiho, or dust off a higher tier CV that you haven't played in a long while. Before you do so, consider taking a few practice runs in Co-Op. If you aren't familiar or comfortable with manual strafing or handling more than three squads at a time, Co-Op is a pretty decent place to try things out. While you could go straight into Random games, your team will appreciate it more if you feel good about your abilities. There's no shame in a couple of rounds in Co-Op.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 6

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

I’m buying a premium CV and using it in random because I got experience in the PTS and many random mains will be clueless on the new CB meta. 

But other CV mains can use Co-op.

[SQUAD]
Members
9,175 posts
11,680 battles
21 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

I’m buying a premium CV and using it in random because I got experience in the PTS and many random mains will be clueless on the new CB meta. 

But other CV mains can use Co-op.

There aren't any premium CVs for sale...

[USCC2]
Members
6,182 posts
2 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

You've probably read that there is a CV rework in the mix. Maybe that's made you want to finally grind past the Bogue or Zuiho, or dust off a higher tier CV that you haven't played in a long while. Before you do so, consider taking a few practice runs in Co-Op. If you aren't familiar or comfortable with manual strafing or handling more than three squads at a time, Co-Op is a pretty decent place to try things out. While you could go straight into Random games, your team will appreciate it more if you feel good about your abilities. There's no shame in a couple of rounds in Co-Op.

100% agree. In Randoms you will not be forgiven for not being everywhere for everyone (I say this as someone who doesn't even play CVs but has seen the 'flak':cap_rambo:they get for not being everywhere lol).

State you are new to a ship in Co-Op and you will probably be greeted with a string of GL, HF and do your best messages! :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 4

[_I_]
Members
110 posts
3 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

State you are new to a ship in Co-Op and you will probably be greeted with a string of GL, HF and do your best messages! :Smile_honoring:

Yes. Because Co-op players are generally more polite and friendly. Even to CV. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 4

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,544 battles
6 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

You've probably read that there is a CV rework in the mix … 

I'm guessing the rumor is false :)

See no Evil,  Hear no Evil,  Speak no Evil 

Edited by Commander_367

[XG]
Members
322 posts
3,197 battles

Co-op has always suffered many more CV infestations than random. A few extra won't make any difference.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
20,002 posts
12,695 battles
9 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Had a person today who hasn't played in 2yrs take out a Lexington. He caught up quick and we won

Edited by Kizarvexis

2,809 posts
1,478 battles

That’s because WG force us to have bot CB in our team and it’s good, some human CV just can’t be bothered to defend us against bot planes so I can see where the hate is coming from. 

2,809 posts
1,478 battles

That’s because WG force us to have bot CB in our team and it’s good, some human CV just can’t be bothered to defend us against bot planes so I can see where the hate is coming from. 

[SBS]
Members
6,104 posts

The OP suggests people do the right thing and get a bit of practice in before you go into randons, and gets down votes.  The people on this forum sometimes...

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
10,603 posts
9,844 battles
12 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

100% agree. In Randoms you will not be forgiven for not being everywhere for everyone (I say this as someone who doesn't even play CVs but has seen the 'flak':cap_rambo:they get for not being everywhere lol).

Well, maybe a "please don't torp me", but not much else.

[EQRN]
Members
2,119 posts
18,589 battles
4 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

The OP suggests people do the right thing and get a bit of practice in before you go into randons, and gets down votes.  The people on this forum sometimes...

The OP is getting down votes and this post as well, and no forthcoming counter argument.  Down vote me too, or come out to play, feckless cowards.

Edited by FrodoFraggin

[IRNBN]
Members
3,691 posts
10,730 battles
6 hours ago, Xidax_Gamer said:

Co-op has always suffered many more CV infestations than random.

Man, you got that right.

[THOR]
Members
504 posts
4 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I agree with you and have you an upvote.

Members
236 posts
1,692 battles

I would think the same as the OP suggests could be said about any boat you hadn't played in awhile, especially when it's true on a per class basis (DD, CC, or BB or CV).

Nothing wrong with using co-op to get your bearings again IMO.

Edited by xovian

Sign in to follow this