You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Battle_Cat_Cringer

Killing MeWG

6 comments in this topic

Members
5,408 posts
10,454 battles

Internet speed does not mean the game can't lag.  Even if a speed tests comes back at faster than you are paying for it does not mean there can't be any lag.  Most games can be played with pretty slow internet connections.  The quality of the routing and hardware between you and RGs servers are the most iomportant things.  Could also be low FPS caused by a potential myriad of things.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,100 posts
14,721 battles
25 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Internet speed does not mean the game can't lag.  Even if a speed tests comes back at faster than you are paying for it does not mean there can't be any lag.  Most games can be played with pretty slow internet connections.  The quality of the routing and hardware between you and RGs servers are the most iomportant things.  Could also be low FPS caused by a potential myriad of things.

This, ping is more important than shear speed. This game would be playable on dial up if the ping was low enough although a 1 Mb pipe would be better. Lag can do funny things, in CB tonight I had the drop on a Des Moines that was sitting still with no smoke from the stack. I hit it hard and then it accelerated like an DD and went behind a rock before I could fire again and I should have had a second shot with the distance he had to cover from a standstill.

[HMCSH]
[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
81 posts
18,938 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

then it accelerated like an DD and went behind a rock before I could fire again and I should have had a second shot with the distance he had to cover from a standstill.

They could of also had the legionary mod. 

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
6 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

This, ping is more important than shear speed. This game would be playable on dial up if the ping was low enough although a 1 Mb pipe would be better. Lag can do funny things, in CB tonight I had the drop on a Des Moines that was sitting still with no smoke from the stack. I hit it hard and then it accelerated like an DD and went behind a rock before I could fire again and I should have had a second shot with the distance he had to cover from a standstill.

Sounds like the legendary mod along with the acceleration mod combination being used. I use it on my DM and it accelerates super fast.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,100 posts
14,721 battles
10 hours ago, ScarySnowman said:

They could of also had the legionary mod. 

8 hours ago, Vaffu said:

Sounds like the legendary mod along with the acceleration mod combination being used. I use it on my DM and it accelerates super fast.

Ah, that was probably it, my closest to complete on the missions is my Hindenburg, but it is also beyond ridiculous that a cruiser of that tonnage, 21,000 tons full load to accelerate like that. That is beyond arcade and into cartoon.

Too bad I had my Hindenburg and not my Henri with its reload boost. :Smile_trollface: