Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kiwi1960

Never think you're better than us old people....

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

935
[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,447 posts

An old physician, Doctor John Geezer, became very bored in retirement and decided to re-open a medical clinic.

He put a sign up outside that said:
"Dr. Geezer's clinic. Get your treatment for $500 - if not cured, get back $1,000."

Doctor Digger Young, who was positive that this old geezer didn't know beans about medicine, thought this would be a great opportunity to get $1,000. So he went to Dr. Geezer's clinic.

Dr. Young: "Dr. Geezer, I have lost all taste in my mouth. Can you please help me?"

Dr. Geezer: "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in Dr. Young's mouth."

Dr. Young: 'Aaagh! -- This is Gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations!

You've got your taste back. That will be $500."

Dr. Young gets annoyed and goes back after a couple of days figuring to recover his money.

Dr. Young: "I have lost my memory, I cannot remember anything."

Dr. Geezer: "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in the patient's mouth."

Dr. Young: "Oh, no you don't -- that is Gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You've got your memory back. That will be $500."

Dr. Young (after having lost $1000) leaves angrily and comes back after several more days.

Dr. Young: "My eyesight has become weak --- I can hardly see anything!"

Dr. Geezer: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that so, "Here's your $1000 back" (giving him a $10 bill).

Dr. Young: "But this is only $10!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You got your vision back! That will be $500."

Moral of story -- Just because you're "Young" doesn't mean that you can outsmart an "old Geezer"

Remember: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to annoy us.

ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 10
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,000 posts
5,814 battles

Respect your old people, and listen to them from time to time, for they may have some sage advice. The young have not yet grown old, but the old were once young.

 

 

 

Having said that, age =/= maturity. Most of the older folks I know are very capable of talking a lot of crap. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,703
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,782 posts
16,911 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

11xmze.jpg

My dad used to tell me that all the time when I was a teenager lol. He meant it too.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,508
[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
27 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

11xmze.jpg

Lol yes, that gets really interesting in chess clubs where the young may learn quick and think fast, but the the older masters already learned so much over their life times that they can checkmate you with a different strategy each game. I love every minute of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,700
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,235 posts
21,634 battles
1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

He put a sign up outside that said:
"Dr. Geezer's clinic. Get your treatment for $500 - if not cured, get back $1,000."

Doctor Digger Young, who was positive that this old geezer didn't know beans about medicine, thought this would be a great opportunity to get $1,000. So he went to Dr. Geezer's clinic.

Dr. Young: "Dr. Geezer, I have lost all taste in my mouth. Can you please help me?"

Dr. Geezer: "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in Dr. Young's mouth."

Dr. Young: 'Aaagh! -- This is Gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations!

You've got your taste back. That will be $500."

Dr. Young gets annoyed and goes back after a couple of days figuring to recover his money.

Dr. Young: "I have lost my memory, I cannot remember anything."

Dr. Geezer: "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in the patient's mouth."

Dr. Young: "Oh, no you don't -- that is Gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You've got your memory back. That will be $500."

Dr. Young (after having lost $1000) leaves angrily and comes back after several more days.

Dr. Young: "My eyesight has become weak --- I can hardly see anything!"

Dr. Geezer: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that so, "Here's your $1000 back" (giving him a $10 bill).

Dr. Young: "But this is only $10!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You got your vision back! That will be $500."

Moral of story -- Just because you're "Young" doesn't mean that you can outsmart an "old Geezer"

Remember: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to annoy us.

ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!

I am 56.

Just got HENRI ....

4th match with her, 80% win rate...

Sold my tier 8 French BB, win rate dropped to 16%...

.....

I may be old, but I can afford to keep Cadillacs and sell pinto's.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
171
[BLHK]
Members
558 posts
2 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

 

Having said that, age =/= maturity. Most of the older folks I know are very capable of talking a lot of crap. :Smile_teethhappy:

At 56 I am the oldest person in my department by a good 20 years. I love seeing the kids bust a gut with the crap I come out with.

The other day I was telling them how things were so much better back in my day when you used to walk through snow for two miles uphill both ways just to get to the library to find out what the capital of Bolivia is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
935
[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,447 posts
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I am 56.

Just got HENRI ....

4th match with her, 80% win rate...

Sold my tier 8 French BB, win rate dropped to 16%...

.....

I may be old, but I can afford to keep Cadillacs and sell pinto's.....

 

I bought (with coal) the Jean Bart, won the Dunkerque .... thinking of selling all my French researched ships.... BUT...

I won't... I may be old, but I know enough to keep the French line in case they have another competition involving the French line again...

It was VERY hard to complete the Russian line for the Prinz when I only had 4 Russian ships... 2 DD's and 2 cruisers and NO premium Russian ships.

I'm working hard to rectify that.... it might be crap, but the October Revolution will soon be mine using coal to buy her and then the researched ship Shchors!

Six ships just to make sure I don't have to play the same ones over and over... their 4k torp range is murder.

Edited by kiwi1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
935
[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,447 posts
3 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Having said that, age =/= maturity. Most of the older folks I know are very capable of talking a lot of crap. :Smile_teethhappy:

I think that is a given, the crap the young ones gives us makes us like that.... crap in, crap out.

But youth is wasted on the young... ain't that the truth. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,700
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,235 posts
21,634 battles
3 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

I bought (with coal) the Jean Bart, won the Dunkerque .... thinking of selling all my French researched ships.... BUT...

I won't... I may be old, but I know enough to keep the French line in case they have another competition involving the French line again...

It was VERY hard to complete the Russian line for the Prinz when I only had 4 Russian ships... 2 DD's and 2 cruisers and NO premium Russian ships.

I'm working hard to rectify that.... it might be crap, but the October Revolution will soon be mine using coal to buy her and then the researched ship Shchors!

Six ships just to make sure I don't have to play the same ones over and over... their 4k torp range is murder.

I am much better with French cruisers....

But that tier 9 & 10 French BBz are soo fun..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,801
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
2 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

But youth is wasted on the young... ain't that the truth. :Smile_trollface:

I didn't waste my youth but I do sort of feel I'm wasting my old age. It's just that you tend to lose the desire to do new and different things as you get older. And the old body slowing down doesn't help much. My nieces are trying to keep me youthful though. They bought their uncle a drone to play with for Xmas. I'm glad I was a better pilot when I was flying real planes for a while because thus far mostly what I've succeeded in doing is crashing it into the ceiling.  

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
935
[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,447 posts
4 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I am much better with French cruisers....

But that tier 9 & 10 French BBz are soo fun..

The Jean Bart is my bestest go to ship for fun!

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I didn't waste my youth but I do sort of feel I'm wasting my old age. It's just that you tend to lose the desire to do new and different things as you get older. And the old body slowing down doesn't help much. My nieces are trying to keep me youthful though. They bought their uncle a drone to play with for Xmas. I'm glad I was a better pilot when I was flying real planes for a while because thus far mostly what I've succeeded in doing is crashing it into the ceiling.  

Well, I'm moving to Holland in a few months time... its EXACTLY on the other side of the planet from New Zealand... 9pm becomes 9am the day before. :(

I don't think I'm wasting my old age at all! I also have a younger wife that keeps me young. She is 8 months younger than I am. :Smile_teethhappy:

We are selling up EVERYTHING here and starting again in Holland, so maybe once everything else is purchased, I'll look at a drone... maybe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,801
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
32 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

I don't think I'm wasting my old age at all! I also have a younger wife that keeps me young. She is 8 months younger than I am. :Smile_teethhappy:

You cradle robber!

I've never been to the Netherlands, which is strange as my unit was actually tasked to their defense in case of WWIII. We maneuvered in Germany mostly. I had a cousin who spend a year there in college and he really liked it though.  A friend of mine went to New Zealand a few years back and she said that she really liked it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
935
[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,447 posts
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You cradle robber!

I've never been to the Netherlands, which is strange as my unit was actually tasked to their defense in case of WWIII. We maneuvered in Germany mostly. I had a cousin who spend a year there in college and he really liked it though.  A friend of mine went to New Zealand a few years back and she said that she really liked it. 

Cradle robber? She likes older men! :Smile_teethhappy:

My wife, Rianne (aka The_Wife in WoWs) cannot wait to get back to the snow and ice next winter. I have only seen snow about 5 times in my entire life, the last time, it snowed and was gone in minutes.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,299
[SPTR]
Members
27,185 posts
16,907 battles

I know too well what its like to be the elderly, both my parents are nurses, dad works in the palliative care sector in the hospital and my mum works in the retirement home I was a PCA doing on site training last year at one of the retirement homes, the residents there either hate where they are now, want to go back to work or want to still go on holiday and travel the world...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,700
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,235 posts
21,634 battles
9 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

The Jean Bart is my bestest go to ship for fun!

Well, I'm moving to Holland in a few months time... its EXACTLY on the other side of the planet from New Zealand... 9pm becomes 9am the day before. :(

I don't think I'm wasting my old age at all! I also have a younger wife that keeps me young. She is 8 months younger than I am. :Smile_teethhappy:

We are selling up EVERYTHING here and starting again in Holland, so maybe once everything else is purchased, I'll look at a drone... maybe...

Good luck with the move.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
395
[A-O]
Members
1,022 posts
10,455 battles
On 1/19/2019 at 7:15 PM, dEsTurbed1 said:

I am 56.

Just got HENRI ....

4th match with her, 80% win rate..

How can you have an 80% WR after 4 matches?

If you won 3 of the 4 that would be 75%

Now winning 4 out of 5, that would work :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,700
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,235 posts
21,634 battles
3 hours ago, freggo said:

How can you have an 80% WR after 4 matches?

If you won 3 of the 4 that would be 75%

Now winning 4 out of 5, that would work :-)

Now 17 battles, 47% win rate.

Over 1700 exp avg and 62k damage....

I'm just a potato. 

Ship is very good though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
499
[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
1,579 posts
4,750 battles
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:11 PM, BrushWolf said:

11xmze.jpg

And with that...

 

An old geezer is driving on a country road.  He slams into a car going through an intersection.  Both vehicles are totaled, but neither driver is injured.

The geezer gets out of his vehicle and looks at the young kid that was driving the other car.  "Are you okay, son?"

"Yea, old man.  You should look where you're going!"

The geezer looks down.  "We should just be thankful we're both alive.  I know, bein' as old as I am.  Don't have one of those fancy phones you youngsters got.  Kin you call the police?"  He turns around and rummages a moment in his vehicle, while the kid calls the police on his phone.

The kid, finished with the call says, "The police should be here in twenty minutes since it isn't a life threatening situation."

"That's fine by me.  You shaken up by this?" the geezer asks.

"Yea, a little.  This is my first accident."

"Well, lucky for us, my quart of thirty year old whiskey survived just fine.  Maybe we should just sit here and calm our nerves a bit while we wait."  He opens the bottle and extends it towards the kid.

"Thanks.  It might help a bit I guess."  The kid takes a big swig off the bottle.

"Have your fill" the geezer says.

The kid takes a second deep drink.  "Yea, that really helped."  He hands the bottle back to the geezer.

The geezer puts the lid on it and sets it to one side.

"Aren't you going to have a drink to calm your nerves?" the kid asks.

"Nah.  I'll wait 'till after the cops leave..."

:cap_old:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
395
[A-O]
Members
1,022 posts
10,455 battles
On 1/19/2019 at 8:49 PM, MG1962 said:

. . . walk through snow for two miles uphill both ways . . .

That's some interesting geography in your neck of the woods :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,789
[WOLFG]
Members
10,504 posts
9,806 battles
12 minutes ago, freggo said:

That's some interesting geography in your neck of the woods :-)

Used to do this my self.

(Had a creek in the middle).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[ARB]
Members
173 posts
2,303 battles
On 1/19/2019 at 5:45 PM, kiwi1960 said:

An old physician, Doctor John Geezer, became very bored in retirement and decided to re-open a medical clinic.

He put a sign up outside that said:
"Dr. Geezer's clinic. Get your treatment for $500 - if not cured, get back $1,000."

Doctor Digger Young, who was positive that this old geezer didn't know beans about medicine, thought this would be a great opportunity to get $1,000. So he went to Dr. Geezer's clinic.

Dr. Young: "Dr. Geezer, I have lost all taste in my mouth. Can you please help me?"

Dr. Geezer: "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in Dr. Young's mouth."

Dr. Young: 'Aaagh! -- This is Gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations!

You've got your taste back. That will be $500."

Dr. Young gets annoyed and goes back after a couple of days figuring to recover his money.

Dr. Young: "I have lost my memory, I cannot remember anything."

Dr. Geezer: "Nurse, please bring medicine from box 22 and put 3 drops in the patient's mouth."

Dr. Young: "Oh, no you don't -- that is Gasoline!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You've got your memory back. That will be $500."

Dr. Young (after having lost $1000) leaves angrily and comes back after several more days.

Dr. Young: "My eyesight has become weak --- I can hardly see anything!"

Dr. Geezer: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that so, "Here's your $1000 back" (giving him a $10 bill).

Dr. Young: "But this is only $10!"

Dr. Geezer: "Congratulations! You got your vision back! That will be $500."

Moral of story -- Just because you're "Young" doesn't mean that you can outsmart an "old Geezer"

Remember: Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to annoy us.

ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!

Preach brother amen and god bless fellow boomers.1508630696079.png.4229bd67857601c7fd80a0ba7f5832e6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
507
[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,758 battles

You will NEVER be better than old people , until you yourself are an old person, trust me, my grandfather is like 60's something and NOBODY gets over on his at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×