Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WuYixiang

Any chance of another Unique IJN Commander?

87 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

390
[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles

Every other major tech tree nation (with the exception of Pan-Asia) has at least 2 Unique Commanders with improved skills, yet the IJN is limited to Yamamoto Isoroku and a bunch of anime characters who don't have improved skills.  As an IJN and RN main, I have Yamamoto, Jack Dunkirk, and Bert Dunkirk and am working toward getting William Halsey.

Like the title says, is there any chance of us getting another improved Japanese commander? I'm not expecting skills like Second Wind or special tracer shells, but having a second commander with Master Marksman would be a godsend for my Aoba or Zao.

Edited by WuYixiang
Forgot about the PA tree. Oops.
  • Cool 6
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
390
[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Tameichi Hara as a Unique Commander with a focus on DD skills.

While that would be cool, WG's MO of improving skills seems to be "Nation X gets Skills A, B, and C while Nation Y gets Skills D and E," so I'd expect Master Marksman and Expert Maintenance like Yamamoto.

Edited by WuYixiang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,339
[KWF]
Members
4,915 posts
6,598 battles
10 minutes ago, WuYixiang said:

While that would be cool, WG's MO of improving skills seems to be "Nation X gets Skills A, B, and C while Nation Y gets Skills D and E," so I'd expect Master Marksman and Expert Maintenance like Yamamoto.

Oh, I misunderstood Legendary Commanders (Yamamoto) for Unique ones like Dunkirk, Doe etc. Yeah then, am all for it with Master Marksman.

Possibly the French got it the best; Master Marksman and Adrenaline Surge applies on so many builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,289
[SIMP]
Members
1,592 posts
31 minutes ago, WuYixiang said:

Every other major tech tree nation (with the exception of Pan-Asia) has at least 2 Unique Commanders with improved skills, yet the IJN is limited to Yamamoto Isoroku and a bunch of anime characters who don't have improved skills.  As an IJN and RN main, I have Yamamoto, Jack Dunkirk, and Bert Dunkirk and am working toward getting William Halsey.

Like the title says, is there any chance of us getting another improved Japanese commander? I'm not expecting skills like Second Wind or special tracer shells, but having a second commander with Master Marksman would be a godsend for my Aoba or Zao.

Be nice if the Yamamoto Campaign were open up for us co-op players so we could get ONE unique IJN commander. :Smile_sad:

(And for those nay-sayers, you do realize it requires roughly four times as much effort to accomplish this in co-op as it does in PvP, right? It is FAR from an easy button.)

 

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,262
[RLGN]
Members
14,900 posts
26,419 battles
3 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Be nice if the Yamamoto Campaign were open up for us co-op players so we could get ONE unique IJN commander. :Smile_sad:

(And for those nay-sayers, you do realize it requires roughly four times as much effort to accomplish this in co-op as it does in PvP, right? It is FAR from an easy button.)

Took me roughly 1,600 Co-op games (plus a very few Randoms and Ranked,) to get Halsey.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
390
[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
32 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Possibly the French got it the best; Master Marksman and Adrenaline Surge applies on so many builds.

Luckily for me, I used Preventative Maintenance and Expert Marksman on almost everything including Zao and Harugumo.

Nothing hurts a DD knifefight like losing your turning efficiency (even with Last Stand) or 1/5 of your effective DPM.

Edited by WuYixiang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,637
[PVE]
Members
20,017 posts
12,695 battles
32 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Be nice if the Yamamoto Campaign were open up for us co-op players so we could get ONE unique IJN commander. :Smile_sad:

(And for those nay-sayers, you do realize it requires roughly four times as much effort to accomplish this in co-op as it does in PvP, right? It is FAR from an easy button.)

 

Each stage of the Yamamoto campaign has a Earn X amount of XP after modifiers and earn Y amount of credits tasks. Take those two and if you have premium time, take another that you think you might get like deal 500k damage with main guns over any number of battles. You will get there eventually in PvP no matter how bad you play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
390
[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
13 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Each stage of the Yamamoto campaign has a Earn X amount of XP after modifiers and earn Y amount of credits tasks. Take those two and if you have premium time, take another that you think you might get like deal 500k damage with main guns over any number of battles. You will get there eventually in PvP no matter how bad you play.

While true, some people simply do not want to PvP, and it is impossible to get Yamamoto Isoroku without engaging in it. Also, someone's preference for Co-Op play does not automatically mean he or she is bad at PvP.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,637
[PVE]
Members
20,017 posts
12,695 battles
4 minutes ago, WuYixiang said:

While true, some people simply do not want to PvP, and it is impossible to get Yamamoto Isoroku without engaging in it. Also, someone's preference for Co-Op play does not automatically mean he or she is bad at PvP.

No it does not. I'm a PvE main and only play 1 PvP game in about 8-10 PvE games to get things I want. If you are good or not good in PvP, it doesn't matter as these tasks you can complete eventually no matter your play level. If you are good, you will complete them fast. If you are in between or bad, you will still complete them. WG does not seem interested in changing the requirements for a permanent campaign that is already out there, so if you want Yamamoto, you have to play PvP whether that stinks or not. 

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,289
[SIMP]
Members
1,592 posts

Thing is if I wanted to play PvP, I'd play PvP. 

I don't. Which automatically locks me out of getting even the ONE unique Japanese commander (and the dual flag ability).

The Yamamoto campaign has been out for years now - it's about time they simply added a co-op option on it (like the Halsey campaign). I'd love to be able to spend money to reduce the grind in co-op WG *hint hint*, but I guess you don't want more of my money. :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by capncrunch21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
390
[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
46 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

...

WG does not seem interested in changing the requirements for a permanent campaign that is already out there, so if you want Yamamoto, you have to play PvP whether that stinks or not. 

This remains the unfortunate truth. Not that it affects me, for I already have Yamamoto, but it is still unfortunate for those Co-Op players who still don't have him.

21 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Thing is if I wanted to play PvP, I'd play PvP. 

I don't. Which automatically locks me out of getting even the ONE unique Japanese commander (and the dual flag ability).

...

Yeah, I get it. It sucks, and I'm 100% with you. It's an annoying barrier to entry the same way that Steel ships are all but unobtainable unless you play Ranked and Clan Battles.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,571
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,557 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Tameichi Hara as a Unique Commander with a focus on DD skills.

IJN needs some attention and 2 unique commanders is overdue

I recommend Yoshida Brothers 

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[CLARE]
Members
572 posts
2 hours ago, WuYixiang said:

While true, some people simply do not want to PvP, and it is impossible to get Yamamoto Isoroku without engaging in it. Also, someone's preference for Co-Op play does not automatically mean he or she is bad at PvP.

I think you are being unreasonable.

I do as much as possible using co-op and scenarios.  However, to do Mighty Prinz campaign, I have to do pvp, so I am doing it.

You have a goal.  You have a route/directions/recipe on how to achieve your goal.  Stop arguing/whining/begging.  Just go and do it!  (the sooner you start, the sooner you will finish)

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,637
[PVE]
Members
20,017 posts
12,695 battles
5 minutes ago, ij70 said:

I think you are being unreasonable.

I do as much as possible using co-op and scenarios.  However, to do Mighty Prinz campaign, I have to do pvp, so I am doing it.

You have a goal.  You have a route/directions/recipe on how to achieve your goal.  Stop arguing/whining/begging.  Just go and do it!  (the sooner you start, the sooner you will finish)

You do not have to do PvP to complete the Mighty Prinz campaign. You can just repeat the 2 star co-op tasks to get the 4 stars. The final tasks are all doable in co-op. By repeating a task, you earn the same amount of stars, but only get the reward the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[CLARE]
Members
572 posts
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You do not have to do PvP to complete the Mighty Prinz campaign. You can just repeat the 2 star co-op tasks to get the 4 stars. The final tasks are all doable in co-op. By repeating a task, you earn the same amount of stars, but only get the reward the first time.

Takes forever using co-op.  I know because I tried.

Take the part where you need to spot 6 ships using Icarus.  It is pvp only.  But it is Soooooooooo easy!  Yeah, I die withing the first 5 minutes of the match.  But... What is my eFing goal?

Is it to survive the match?  No.

Is it to win the match?  No.

Is it to gain xp?  No.

Is it gain money?  No.

My goal is to spot 6 ships.  My first game I spotted 6 ships, I got 1 out of 4 stars.  My second game I spotted 2 ships, so my second star took me two games.  And so on.  Figure 8 short (because I die quickly) games and I have 4 stars I need, and I am DONE!

That is why I found WuYixiang's approach/attitude unreasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,637
[PVE]
Members
20,017 posts
12,695 battles
6 minutes ago, ij70 said:

Takes forever using co-op.  I know because I tried.

Take the part where you need to spot 6 ships using Icarus.  It is pvp only.  But it is Soooooooooo easy!  Yeah, I die withing the first 5 minutes of the match.  But... What is my eFing goal?

Is it to survive the match?  No.

Is it to win the match?  No.

Is it to gain xp?  No.

Is it gain money?  No.

My goal is to spot 6 ships.  My first game I spotted 6 ships, I got 1 out of 4 stars.  My second game I spotted 2 ships, so my second star took me two games.  And so on.  Figure 8 short (because I die quickly) games and I have 4 stars I need, and I am DONE!

That is why I found WuYixiang's approach/attitude unreasonable.

I know. I did the Mighty Prinz campaign in co-op as well. It wasn't as bad as the Halsey campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
810
[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
3 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

Be nice if the Yamamoto Campaign were open up for us co-op players so we could get ONE unique IJN commander. :Smile_sad:

(And for those nay-sayers, you do realize it requires roughly four times as much effort to accomplish this in co-op as it does in PvP, right? It is FAR from an easy button.)

 

I have Yamamoto, I worked for him, How dare you even suggest such a thing </sarcasm>

Totally agree that 1-2 tasks should be open to co-op players, like Halsey had.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,637
[PVE]
Members
20,017 posts
12,695 battles
2 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I have Yamamoto, I worked for him, How dare you even suggest such a thing </sarcasm>

Totally agree that 1-2 tasks should be open to co-op players, like Halsey had.

Well Yamamoto came out first, so I'm fairly sure Halsey got the co-op tasks on feedback from the Yamamoto campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
390
[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
21 minutes ago, ij70 said:

Takes forever using co-op.  I know because I tried.

Take the part where you need to spot 6 ships using Icarus.  It is pvp only.  But it is Soooooooooo easy!  Yeah, I die withing the first 5 minutes of the match.  But... What is my eFing goal?

Is it to survive the match?  No.

Is it to win the match?  No.

Is it to gain xp?  No.

Is it gain money?  No.

My goal is to spot 6 ships.  My first game I spotted 6 ships, I got 1 out of 4 stars.  My second game I spotted 2 ships, so my second star took me two games.  And so on.  Figure 8 short (because I die quickly) games and I have 4 stars I need, and I am DONE!

That is why I found WuYixiang's approach/attitude unreasonable.

1. I already have Yamamoto Isoroku. I did the things I needed to to get him. I also happen to enjoy PvP. But why should Co-Op players be punished for not playing PvP?

2. That attitude is highly toxic to the PvP community. It forces Co-Op players to "YOLO" in PvP in order to score an easy star or two to the detriment to his or her team. Like it or not, Randoms, Ranked, and Arms Race are absolutely team-based game modes, and every player matters to some degree. Yes, there is carrying, but one cannot carry every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
810
[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
11 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well Yamamoto came out first, so I'm fairly sure Halsey got the co-op tasks on feedback from the Yamamoto campaign.

yeah, but that doesn't mean they can't go back through and adjust the requirements for achieving the star(s) for some of the tasks.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
396
[B808]
Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
46 minutes ago, ij70 said:

I think you are being unreasonable.

I do as much as possible using co-op and scenarios.  However, to do Mighty Prinz campaign, I have to do pvp, so I am doing it.

You have a goal.  You have a route/directions/recipe on how to achieve your goal.  Stop arguing/whining/begging.  Just go and do it!  (the sooner you start, the sooner you will finish)

You're not being unreasonable? how the hell does it affect your gameplay in any way ? so why don't you stop arguing and whining and just do you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,637
[PVE]
Members
20,017 posts
12,695 battles
6 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

yeah, but that doesn't mean they can't go back through and adjust the requirements for achieving the star(s) for some of the tasks.

But then you would have the people who would complain, "But I had to do PvP to get it and..." and would generate more salt. Personally, I would not mind, but WG may not want to play with tasks that way. Or they could, who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×