Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
demeflac

New CV meta secondary build ships recommendation?

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
236 posts
6,741 battles

Hello everyone,

I'm not a BB main player, but I do have a Tirpitz that I like to take to battles once in a while Just for Fun. I use Full secondary build on It, but with this CV rework plus the Nerf on concealment for BB I Wonder If It is still viable to use this kind of build. Would It be better to use the AA mod 1 instead of the secondary armament upgrade? I would still keep BFT and AFT, but would be losing secondary armament range and not gaining much in AA, I dont know. I tried to use the dispersion improvement upgrade and use It as a normal BB instead of a brawler, the secondary armament range Falls to 9.4 km If use flag, what is still ok, but the dispersion doesnt improve much. Just dont know what to do when the Free respecc of captain skills come out, If I change anything. I heard that using a one point skill to have Double catapult fighters would be more useful. Is anybody here experienced with this brawling BB that could give a opinion?

Thanks

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,476 battles

Dont spec for a CV meta until there is a cv meta. Tirp is meant to be a secondary ship, and a dang good secondary ship as well. Just watch out for planes and dont isolate yourself. 

It shouldn't be too terribly different than it is now. Isolated noobs will get what they deserve, while people with a brain will remain for the most part safe

Edited by _1204_
  • Funny 1

[INR]
Members
1,225 posts
4,060 battles
35 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Dont spec for a CV meta until there is a cv meta. Tirp is meant to be a secondary ship, and a dang good secondary ship as well. Just watch out for planes and dont isolate yourself. 

Agreed. Planning now is pure theorycrafting because we still don't know how WG will change 0.8.0 compared to the current state of PTS (especially since PTS queue times are so short, people almost always end up with a ton of bots). We can speculate, but I think there's no telling until 0.8.0 goes live.

[RLGN]
Members
14,856 posts
26,403 battles
21 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It might be LESS vulnerable since the USN AP bombers will not come to delete you as soon as the match begins...

Yeah, IJN bombers will instead... :Smile_veryhappy:

1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

It shouldn't be too terribly different than it is now. Isolated noobs will get what they deserve, while people with a brain will remain for the most part safe.

Experten will make life hell no matter where the target is; everyone else with a CV will just be a buzzing fly.

Wonder how long until players start kvetching about ‘unspotted, uncounterable’ destroyers again...

[IRNBN]
Members
3,680 posts
10,703 battles
1 hour ago, demeflac said:

Hello everyone,

I'm not a BB main player, but I do have a Tirpitz that I like to take to battles once in a while Just for Fun. I use Full secondary build on It, but with this CV rework plus the Nerf on concealment for BB I Wonder If It is still viable to use this kind of build. Would It be better to use the AA mod 1 instead of the secondary armament upgrade? I would still keep BFT and AFT, but would be losing secondary armament range and not gaining much in AA, I dont know. I tried to use the dispersion improvement upgrade and use It as a normal BB instead of a brawler, the secondary armament range Falls to 9.4 km If use flag, what is still ok, but the dispersion doesnt improve much. Just dont know what to do when the Free respecc of captain skills come out, If I change anything. I heard that using a one point skill to have Double catapult fighters would be more useful. Is anybody here experienced with this brawling BB that could give a opinion?

Thanks

Deutsche Schlachtschiffe don't need no steenkin' badges AA. Boss 5.9" secondaries all the way! What point is there to concealment if you're going into a brawl?  :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this