Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kiwi1960

A split second!! (Video replays, where are they?)

6 comments in this topic

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

In a split second, you can die in a car crash, die of natural causes... and TK someone totally by accident.

last night, I was about to finish off an enemy BB in my Jean Bart, this was at close range.... very close range.... I was watching the enemy closely in case he decided to ram me....

In a split second.... I think I saw an allied DD come into view on the screen JUST as I fired... he was running past me on my firing side, wanting to lay smoke? Steal the kill? no idea, I saw him just as I fired and then I was pink... I told him off... but I was fighting for my life so finished him (the enemy) off first... soon as I did... game over....

...before I could identify the poor wee tin can victim, identify what ship it actually was, not really sure even if it WAS a DD

I've been told video replays are on by default... please, how do I access them????

That way, I can even find out how much HP he had left... it wasn't my fault, but still, I feel guilty. I'd like to see that split second again and get some answers.

Anyone? (and thanks in advance!)

Edited by kiwi1960
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
9,402 posts
18,804 battles

Shut down your client

C-games-world of Warships-replays

(or thereabouts, with a standard computer setup)

rightclick on file, choose what file to open with, choose browse and go find the normal WoWs opening icon in the same file location replays was in, pick that. (This is how it works even with the GC.)

if it doesn’t work, reply and let me know. Me or someone else will get it figured out.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[RLGN]
Members
9,402 posts
18,804 battles

The file should be at the bottom of the list, depending on how many games you’ve played since then, and as long as you haven’t played 30 since then, (the max number held.)

Look for the ship type/name you played, it is also titled by map, but those seem to be wierd... (EU/RU names vs NA names?)

[CK5]
Members
876 posts
7,653 battles

You can also get a lot of information from the post battle detail report tab.  It will tell you if you actually killed the DD and how much damage you did.  Of course, it will also confirm what ship you hit if you were not sure.  

[5D5]
Members
2,525 posts
15,595 battles
29 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

You can also get a lot of information from the post battle detail report tab.  It will tell you if you actually killed the DD and how much damage you did.  Of course, it will also confirm what ship you hit if you were not sure.  

^^^ This, you don't need a replay to tell you who you hit and how much damage was done. It's all there on the battle report.

[RLGN]
Members
9,402 posts
18,804 battles
40 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

^^^ This, you don't need a replay to tell you who you hit and how much damage was done. It's all there on the battle report.

Those are gone for good though if a player closed their client after the battle in question.

Sign in to follow this