You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

Whaddayamean the PEF is bad..??

17 comments in this topic

[WAG]
Members
1,497 posts
8,518 battles

...my teammate seems to think it is just fine...

( my apologies to anyone french, or italian... )

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker
  • Bad 3

[HELLS]
Members
1,865 posts
18,076 battles

..all she really needs is Bayern's guns and dispersion, then she'll be just fine..since my steel grind is done in her she will become another Port Queen..as do many freebees...

[WOLFC]
Members
767 posts
7,357 battles

The only thing that surprises me more than all the 10km Salvos that splash in a circle around the target ...

... are the occasional 10km+ Devastating Strikes. :Smile_ohmy:

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,878 posts

We must convince everyone to sell the POS, so that those who enjoy her can stop defending her...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SOV]
Members
1,387 posts

I wonder if the problem with the ship is not the ship but the expectation. We saw a better ship than this one so this must be bad.

I do well in this ship. I do better in PEF than Bayern.

He'll often do better than Roma!

I just had a 100k game this morning.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 2

[WAG]
Members
1,497 posts
8,518 battles
6 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I wonder if the problem with the ship is not the ship but the expectation. We saw a better ship than this one so this must be bad.

...ding!... it's a tier 6 battleship... that's what Lyle says...w hat do people expect... and is the reason I picked that battle for a vid as it shows, rather quickly, that the PEF can be made to work... .. but yeah ... expectations.  :D

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,902 posts
4,248 battles
7 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

..all she really needs is Bayern's guns and dispersion, then she'll be just fine..since my steel grind is done in her she will become another Port Queen..as do many freebees...

she has the same dispersion....

[MUG-T]
Members
34 posts
1,019 battles
10 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

We must convince everyone to sell the POS, so that those who enjoy her can stop defending her...

Why? so you can get it back in a supercrate? selling premiums is stupid

[KNMSU]
Members
4,704 posts
5,100 battles
13 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

She's not getting Bayern's guns, since they're 15".

However, if her guns even had the performance of Konig's weapons (which are smaller) - with a bit tighter dispersion to account for two fewer barrels - I think most people would be happy. It's the fact that these 13.4" rifles under perform Konig's ordinance that I think bothers folks.

[SPCU]
Members
556 posts
4,721 battles

Prinz might get more love when cv rework goes live and the aa means something. Not a badbote. Not a gudbote. I prefer NM and bayern for sure though.

[GT99]
Members
399 posts
6,396 battles
15 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I said something similar about defenders and got downvoted for it.

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
1,497 posts
8,518 battles
11 hours ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

I said something similar about defenders and got downvoted for it.

Heck All I did was make this post and I got *two* downvotes!!   :o

(edit - make that 3 downvotes... )

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker

[SOV]
Members
1,387 posts
8 hours ago, Corvette3 said:

Why? so you can get it back in a supercrate? selling premiums is stupid

I have never understudy it either. I will never sell Kator even though I think its the worst thing ever. 

I know the sec I sell it I will get a SC and there it is!!!!

Spool... Yea don't sell prem ships

[USNGL]
Members
41 posts
5,537 battles

I seem to like her.  While every game is not like the one below, i did have some flags maxed out that game, he seems to make me good credits.  I play him more like a battle cruiser than a battleship.  You dont push if you have no support, you can dev strike any broadside cruiser inside of 10km, and if you kite away BB shells bounce.  I understand the hype was he's going to be a beast of a battleship, all shells on target causing large damage, and swatting all aircraft down that are equal tier or below. It's like being stationed in Norfolk Va, you have to learn where to go, and what to do in him and you can have fun.   My two cents on all the PEF comments and thoughts. If hes not your taste dont play it or sell it. 

20190118_191500.jpg

[SIM]
Members
3,022 posts
4,819 battles

She is bad. She uptiers poorly, her guns are unreliable, and her turret traverse rate is lacking for a ship that features speed as one of its primary draws. That doesn't mean that she can't put up good numbers, and doesn't mean that people can't enjoy her. When the guns work she can put up really chunky damage salvos, and when they don't she legitimately feels like the most toothless ship in the game.

Members
109 posts
41 battles

I've really enjoyed her, overall.

Her single problem is the performance of the guns against tough target. The guns work very well against equal-tier cruisers etc.

Apart from that, she basically only has strengths. Gun accuracy, speed, firing angles, secondaries and AA are all excellent. Tankiness is about average for a T6 BB, which considering the speed of this ship makes her relaxing to play. 

Any semblance of balance on this ship would probably involve kind of lacklustre guns, considering all these strengths. Like putting Bayern guns on this platform would create a blatantly OP ship at T6. But maybe they are just a bit too weak right now.

Edited by jss78

[WAG]
Members
1,497 posts
8,518 battles
4 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

her guns are unreliable, and her turret traverse rate is lacking

Well, it is a German ship, so dispersion is going to be horrible.... I landed the PEF last night and started grinding it today and found it quite capable when compared to other T6 BBs....