Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Hatsuharu - Steering or Propulsion in Slot 4

6 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,433 battles

I'm surprised with this little boat, reminds me of my older Minekazi days. Doing much better in her than in the British Icarus.

In module slot 4, I have always ran decreased steering rudder shift time in a DD. Is that the recommended upgrade for this boat ?

[KSE]
Members
7,729 posts
8,072 battles

Propulsion, propulsion, propulsion. It allows you to set up shots, and then gtfo. It allows the same thing when you're left with no choice but "hide in smoke", followed by "gtfo out of smoke". It enables one to avoid being devstruck in smoke by your pesky counterpart. I run Propulsion mod on most, if not all, DD's, it's saved me far more times than steering ever has. Khabarovsk is a DD that benefits from steering, though.

[INR]
Members
671 posts
3,745 battles
7 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Propulsion, propulsion, propulsion. It allows you to set up shots, and then gtfo. It allows the same thing when you're left with no choice but "hide in smoke", followed by "gtfo out of smoke". It enables one to avoid being devstruck in smoke by your pesky counterpart. I run Propulsion mod on most, if not all, DD's, it's saved me far more times than steering ever has. Khabarovsk is a DD that benefits from steering, though.

I agree. Being able to start running is a lot more important to me because you can recover from evasive maneuvers better and get the ---- out of dodge when faced with someone pushing smoke.

Edited by WuYixiang

[INTEL]
Members
6,894 posts
27,643 battles

If you use smoke, propulsion allows you for a quicker exit in the face of incoming torps.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,981 posts
4,867 battles

B hull Hatsuharu has a rudder shift of 2.3 seconds which is the fastest at tier 6. So it'll be fine on the steering front. Propulsion all the way.

Sign in to follow this