You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CybrSlydr

Well, well, well! The Alaska is real!

37 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,116 battles

I haven't visited the boards for quite some time and imagine my surprise when I see that the Alaska actually exists, has vids on YouTube and could be released as soon as the next major update on the 30th of January (assuming no further delays).

I guess that I'm not surprised that it's coming as a Tier 9 Cruiser.  It didn't make sense to me to make it a Tier 7 BB as armor makes a ship a BB as much as the guns.  I suppose this also means they don't have to artificially nerf it's AA compliment putting it in at 9 instead of 7.  Despite that, I'd kinda hoped it'd come in at 7 so it could play along with the Scharnhorst and Graf Spee since they're -stretching- similar -stretching- ships.  But I think that the kind of nerfs it would need to be at Tier 7 would ruin it (though I do not relish facing Tier 9 and 10 BBs in it...).

A million free XP is what I see being bandied about as it's cost - that was the same as the Missouri, right?  Kinda wish I'd bought it since it's gone now - I just couldn't justify spending the $100 USD to convert the XP.  Feeling similarly about the Alaska, but since I love the Scharnhorst and Spee, I think this is exactly my kind of ship.  So I may have to make the exception this time.  lol

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
948 posts
4,442 battles

Hey, Red Legs.  You might want to take a look at the Kronstadt if you're enamored with the "Super Heavy" Cruisers.  She is still 750,000 fxp and will be coming off the market in 0.8.0.

Alaska's 1 million free xp price tag has been all but confirmed.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,092 posts
13,558 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Slattery said:

1m fxp has been officially announced, for Alaska.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,116 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Hey, Red Legs.  You might want to take a look at the Kronstadt if you're enamored with the "Super Heavy" Cruisers.  She is still 750,000 fxp and will be coming off the market in 0.8.0.

Appreciate the HU - but I don't play Russian ships.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[FFLY]
Members
43 posts
12,928 battles

NOT spending FXP to speed your trip up the tech tree is rewarded with these 750, 1mill ships being purchasable.  It's a reward for folks who have patience, or even for folks who want to drop the CHEDAR to convert.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,116 battles
1 minute ago, Petty_Admiral said:

NOT spending FXP to speed your trip up the tech tree is rewarded with these 750, 1mill ships being purchasable.  It's a reward for folks who have patience, or even for folks who want to drop the CHEDAR to convert.

I just hate how much it costs to convert it in real cash.  I've got about 240k free atm and about 2.4m unconverted.  760k converted is like $100.

Members
2,841 posts
3,085 battles

1 million FXP, unfortunate. Will be interesting to see the reviews.   

[SALVO]
Members
18,314 posts
18,908 battles
15 minutes ago, CybrSlydr said:

I just hate how much it costs to convert it in real cash.  I've got about 240k free atm and about 2.4m unconverted.  760k converted is like $100.

It's not that hard to accumulate FXP through grinding.  Just mount up a bunch of economic flags that give regular XP and Free XP bonuses, as well as mounting a good camo.  IMO, it's best done on a higher tier regular tech tree ship, so that all that XP you're earning also goes towards the XP grind for that ship.  But if you do this, you can earn upwards of 10k FXP per win, depending on the combination of flags and camo you're using.  If you play and win enough, you can grind out a ton of FXP in a surprisingly short amount of time.

[TBW]
Members
6,968 posts
12,900 battles

Signals + camo + Scenarios + https://discord.gg/BKP83G (a team) = FXP or XP or Credits or EXP. Whatever you are in need of Operations is the way to get it.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TBW]
Members
6,968 posts
12,900 battles
1 minute ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

The price hike was uncalled for.

I don't know, I made over 1 million FXP in 3 months without even trying.

• Bad 1

[LEGIO]
Members
3,181 posts
5,907 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I don't know, I made over 1 million FXP in 3 months without even trying.

Well that's great and all but some of us aren't so blessed with so many of the special flags required to make decent FXP earnings.

[-BRS-]
Members
375 posts
11,111 battles

most excellent

[TBW]
Members
6,968 posts
12,900 battles
7 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Well that's great and all but some of us aren't so blessed with so many of the special flags required to make decent FXP earnings.

The Public Tests is where all my stuff comes from and "All can be blessed, with the Public Test". Do you like my rhyme?

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Bad 1

Members
2,841 posts
3,085 battles

I tend to forget what the PT rewards even are. I always figured it would be some FTW and an assortment of other camos. 

[WOLF9]
Members
7,629 posts
3,243 battles
1 hour ago, CybrSlydr said:

I just couldn't justify spending the $100 USD to convert the XP. ..., I think this is exactly my kind of ship.  So I may have to make the exception this time.  lol

After having good fun playing Salem, I understand your interest.  But I wouldn't/won't spend the $$.  I've been saving FXP forever, against the day that the floating ATM comes back, and I could whip out the shekels to buy Alaska right now.  Even when it arrives, I will probably take it slow.

Run Papa Papa on everything.

[WOLF9]
Members
7,629 posts
3,243 battles
14 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I tend to forget what the PT rewards even are. I always figured it would be some FTW and an assortment of other camos. 

5 of each special signal, times the number of PTs, does add up.  Any camo that buffs XP is good.  Save the special camos that don't bonus XP for the 200% weekends.

People complain about SCs and purchased crates dropping camo and flags, but this is where their value really shows.  I've had drops of 50 Wyvern and 50 Blue Dragon and still giggle about it sitting here in my chair, sipping coffee.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,116 battles
3 minutes ago, PreacherDaveB said:

Anyone know the DATE of the likely release?

Nothing official, but it seems folks think the earliest we could see it is when 0.8.0 launches.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,195 battles
6 hours ago, CybrSlydr said:

I haven't visited the boards for quite some time and imagine my surprise when I see that the Alaska actually exists, has vids on YouTube and could be released as soon as the next major update on the 30th of January (assuming no further delays).

Is it real … is it really really real? 

Quick …  call Bill O'Really - We have some fake news!

Oh wait, he got fired nvm :)

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLF9]
Members
7,629 posts
3,243 battles
3 hours ago, PreacherDaveB said:

No one knows the method of release.  Given the song and dance surrounding PEF - that no one ever heard of - the release of Alaska may be a big deal, meaning it will eat man-hours currently being spent on the CV stuff.  Or WG may figure that its appeal will be largely limited to the NA population and do a more limited event.

Either way, it could still be a while.

Edited by iDuckman

[DAB]
Members
183 posts
3,475 battles
6 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

The price hike was uncalled for.

Free XP inflation is normal, given that people who have reached engame accumulate free XP with nothing to spend it on.

• Bad 1

[WOLF9]
Members
710 posts
5,099 battles
3 hours ago, PreacherDaveB said:

When 0.8.0 drops would be the earliest. But when, exactly?

SQUARE_NOPE.jpg