You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Calibre

Robot Disappearing Act

12 comments in this topic

[GONE]
[GONE]
Members
65 posts
6,801 battles

Hello All and Happy New year -

I've been playing this great game called World of Warships since March 2018 and have been loving it up until the holidays. Maybe sooner.

I've noticed that the Bots (Red Men) have been disappearing on every game. (EVERY).  None of the allies can do that. And there's complaining during the game.

We can't see 'em to shoot 'em.  We're completely visible to them.  I have given some thought and have not come up with a logical explanation except for one example.

Ex. :  Up until last Fall, the bots were kinda easy to eliminate and sometimes they would winn. However that is, there has been a HUGE upset in the algorithyms(?)

or Algebraic expressions that made the Bots disappear in battle to make the game tougher to win because we cannot see the enemy. I can't make me disappear

and the "P" Button does not work & whoever thought of that is a BIG LIAR.  My first query is " Why do they do that, how does it work and why can't the entire community

do the same ?" 

The reason for that is got to be in the kind of answer we need to hear and for someone or a group to be accountable for the radical configuration change.

I'm  trying to keep my kool here and it's hard.  I need a completely real answer that is reliably correct  and to the point.

That said, I have another one for you -

Being Pink is not entirely fair and here is my reasoning on that.  First of all, bumping into each other is a mere accident and 99% of the time, it's because the Capt.

is concentrating on his direct enemy in front of him and cannot see the BOZO about to ram him. Not his fault of course however, he and the team mate are both

fined for it and the fault lies with the rammer (or the one who shot the firing ship).  If a friendly fire hits me, the other guy is fined heavily against his account after

the battle and sometimes I have been fined for just being there.  Quite crummy actually.  For the reason of being COMPLETELY FAIR and nothing less, I, who am a completely

logical and skeptical person, cannot fathom a reason someone came up with this insane idea to punish the allied force  for all this stupid and unreasonable  actions.

It's not needeed and is not completely fair for one of us to  get fined for a small bump into an allied ship.

Okay, now, I'll shut-up in just a minute and want you to realise that making this explanation shorter is hard.  Much of all of this is completely nonsense and when you play hard

at it on the ocean,  why do we have to be penalised for it.

Okay, someone please give me a complete and to the point reason why these two things are working to the benefit of Wargamers and the community. And please, not something you think I want to hear.

Good night and God Bless.

• Bad 5

[HINON]
Supertester
20,089 posts
13,547 battles

• Cool 1

[_-_]
Members
1,576 posts

Short answer: the bots know where you are and where you are going regardless of spotting/concealment mechanics. They use map geometry to beat your detection.

This should come as no surprise.

Bots know when you load AP and turn to angle to beat your ammo selection.

Bots know torps are in the water the instant you fire, and use magic deceleration and turning radii to beat your aim.

Bots can start fires faster than an RAF thousand-bomber raid to beat your repair party.

Bots are easy if you account for these basic AI behaviors.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,089 posts
13,547 battles
2 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Is this a joke? wth..

bDoBP5f.jpg

Spoiler

Frayed knot.

• Funny 4

Members
869 posts
16,966 battles

It starts where I'm being shot at by an invisible enemy, so I explain how that works:

Members
3,978 posts
6,700 battles

Bots should not be an automatic win - that makes it very un-fun imho.   As for pink from rubbing - it teaches situational; awareness.  If you are turning pink because of it then you are doing a fair bit of damage to teammates as the damage does accumulate and do too much - pink is triggered.  After 5300+ battles this should already be knows to do. 

Also - doing real paragraphs would make reading and undertanding your post far easier.

[LNWLF]
Members
126 posts

I posted a long response then for some reason I had the idea to go to warships today and well all I have to say is... wow just wow. 

It's not the Bots its a pebkac issue 100%.

Members
851 posts
5,257 battles
2 hours ago, CylonRed said:

Bots should not be an automatic win - that makes it very un-fun imho.   As for pink from rubbing - it teaches situational; awareness.  If you are turning pink because of it then you are doing a fair bit of damage to teammates as the damage does accumulate and do too much - pink is triggered.  After 5300+ battles this should already be knows to do. 

Also - doing real paragraphs would make reading and undertanding your post far easier.

And yet you have people calling for harder CO-OP, and I have never seen an automatic win unless there are less humans than bots and the humans are really really new.

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,063 battles

It's a troll.

The giveaway....

For the reason of being COMPLETELY FAIR and nothing less, I, who am a completely logical and skeptical person

....crossed the line into farce.

• Funny 1

[4HIM]
Members
2,063 posts
5,497 battles
4 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Short answer: the bots know where you are and where you are going regardless of spotting/concealment mechanics.

Skynet has become self-aware

Terminator T-1000 Polystone Statue by Sideshow ...

[GONE]
[GONE]
Members
65 posts
6,801 battles

I gotta tell ya,  this is just plain awful.  I am sorry to tell you that none of this is acurate for me to understand.

I didn't ask for constructive grammer and since none of you know me, being a gentleman is not poking at my intelligence AND the reason I wrote these comments.

Alright, post some videos to make it easier for me to see what you mean.  Doesn't always work.  When you know exactly what I mean, then you can answer this with

a knowledgeable and coherant statement.

Okay, for once, why are the bots given certain formulas to divert their behaviour to our firepower ?  They should just move around with appropriate actions, not

knowing where we are going to be.   Just like we do.  I don't care about smoke. What I care about is COMPLETELY DISAPPEARING from the map. No smake, no fog

no nothing. Just disappearing !!!   We are not given that ability so, why should they have it ??  They are robots with no brains, can't think, no emotions just the ability

to divert, start and stop .  That's it. I'm hearing a lot of comments more than I am hearing WHY they can do this stuff.

Having a TEAM KILL supplement to explain "situational awareness" is completely irresponsible and not a very good answer for me. Regardless of what you all think. 

So what if we bump into an ally.  So what if I rub against him briefly,  what kind of REAL damage does he get that's detrimental to his staying

alive throughout the battle ??  What I want to know is from someone who wrote the program or someone who manages this place who knows what I am trying to prove.

Knowing who is behind or beside me is not going to change the way I battle the enemy nor is it going to stick in my craw the he is damaged and I can't do any more

to help him.  It's only a graphic image that's in my way (or me in his ) that you have given that image some superficial damage that I (or he) has to pay for when the battle

is over.  It is totally irritating for me to have to deliver my feelings to you in a way that is important to me and finally such a robust bunch of answers that are not on point.

Just odd and misplaced comments from the gallery.  PLEASE,  if you don't know the answer to an important question,  save your butt and keep quiet.

This is important to me and since it is not important to you, please stay away from it and let me die in relative peace not knowing there is no one here who has the right answer

to this question.