You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

Opt out for cv

86 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
105 posts
9,864 battles

Ok, let's try this again. Rules for this topic. Discuss the topic not the people having the discussion. It doesn't matter how good or bad they are let them have an opinion. debate the topic please. 

I would like to have the option to take myself out of the cv game play as it in my opinion it seems like it isnt the same game. There are a great number of plane games available to play in fact WG  has one. 

Before we get into "there were planes in WWII for accuracy, if the game was accurate the us ships would be able to hit everyone with near pinpoint accuracy. " For me it is the fact that the current cv's are a super high skill cap boat and the player disparity 

causes for a team to loose or win based on one player. the new version will require very little skill or time to be able to take out a player of high skill. The time that a lot of the plays have invested in becoming "good" in a boat or type of boat to only be smashed by some unskilled plane driver is vastly unfair or disproportionate to the skill required to kill that player in a surface ship. Also the clan players that are known as good players will be the first victims.  ZR, OPG, O7, ect. will be taken out of the game at an alarming rate. The effect on their stats, personal game play, as well as their win rate time in game will be negatively effected. With an option to opt out of cvs,  what I would think a large group of players would be able to enjoy surface game play which is why the vast majority of players started to play the game for. At the moment just by using stats of number of games played. it is about 1 and 17 games are with a cv. there are 9990 players on the yamato pleader board. the midway has 997 on its board. on the na server there are 69,950 players. It seems to me that the smallest group is being able to force the larger group into playing with cvs. Let the 5 or 6k players that want to play cvs play them but leave the other 90% alone. 

Yamato  10 Battleship Japan 2 660 767 49.32 % 0.86 87 351 1 680 1.2 1.52 Montana  10 Battleship U.S.A. 2 557 583 49.12 % 0.87 79 478 1 600 1.71 1.61 Großer Kurfürst  10 Battleship Germany 1 775 912 50.75 % 0.91 82 295 1 530 1.45 1.55 Conqueror  10 Battleship U.K. 620 443 50.48 % 0.87 101 108 1 718 1.06 1.88 République  10 Battleship France 515 674 51.07 % 1.01 93 807 1 716 1.18 1.86 Midway  10 Aircraft Carrier U.S.A. 298 998 45.95 % 1.25 91 591 1 738 24.91 6.2 Hakuryu  10 Aircraft Carrier Japan 153 830 48.94 % 1.25 90 178 1 679 22.24 6.82

Edited by MEANN
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 12
  • Angry 1

[WOLF1]
Members
3,796 posts
1,512 battles

One of the things that was posted in the previous thread by a moderator is that this isn't something WG is going to do.  So you're tilting at windmills again.

If you *really really hate* CVs, I suggest you find another game.

WT doesn't have CVs in their naval battles yet...but they have ways that you can bring in land based planes to bother you with bombs and torpedoes...

Edited by mavfin87

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,517 posts
11,877 battles

"hurr durr i want a opt for take out what kill me on game"

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
Members
7,987 posts

Opting out for a ship type would just make for fewer players at a tier spread and longer wait times. If you think five minutes wait time is long you should have seen the wait times in Age of Empires III -- where the players themselves determined who, what civs, what levels, and what maps would be involved in a game -- the wait could be hours.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,053 posts
14,779 battles

I would like to see that to for these next few months gonna be crazy but it's not gonna happen 

[HATE]
Members
105 posts
9,864 battles

no where did i say surface ships should have an option to opt out. cv play is not even the same game. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,053 posts
14,779 battles
Just now, MEANN said:

no where did i say surface ships should have an option to opt out. cv play is not even the same game. 

I agree nothing screws up a good surface battle like a bunch airplanes

I really see this rework is either gonna make or break the game for me personally so I will say anticipation is annoying but is what it is

• Cool 1

Members
869 posts
16,966 battles
16 minutes ago, MEANN said:

I would like to have the option to take myself out of the cv game play...

World of Warships already provides a ship battle gaming environment that has either NO CV's or (somewhat) ineffective CV's:

Tiers 1 & 2: No CV's whatsoever.

Tiers 3 & 4: Relatively ineffective CV's.

Choosing these tiers IS choosing to limit or eliminate CV's from your playing experience.

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Funny 1

[1STBG]
Members
1,150 posts
4,889 battles

Lol mods locked your identical thread in this so your reaction is to start a new one? It's not going to happen, and is quite silly to think that it would. 

And at any rate, why are you and many other so chicken littling before the rework even comes out? 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[HATE]
Members
105 posts
9,864 battles

i spoke with Ikami about reopening the tread and was told that it is fine as long as the players dont attack each other.

• Boring 1

[_-_]
Members
1,576 posts

Co-op will be a (temporary) refuge from the impending epidemic of sky cancer.  As of PT Round 2, bot CV's have not yet been provided.

[PVE]
Members
814 posts
9,845 battles

I have never understood WGing's love affair with having a broken support class that everyone hates in their games. 

Imagine how many players have been ran off by arty in World of Tanks. Imagine how many players CVs have ran off here. 

And now with the rebork Warships will change up the entire game, cutting off its nose to spite its face.

Yet another decision that makes no sense and we players are told to shut up, sit down, and deal with it or leave. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,447 battles

We are doing this again?

NO just NO if you want to prove a point then just stop playing the game.  If WG did not allow this for Arty in Tanks why would they do this for Warships. 

Beta Testers
1,592 posts
3,809 battles

Look I know where you are coming from and I have a solution turn on some World of tanks and wait for the cv’s to be tuned over the next 2-4 months. I will be primarily over there while the cv’s are being tuned.

[SOV]
Members
1,375 posts

I want an OP out for DD.

I want an OP out for all Russian ships.

How about an op out for inn dd t9 and 10 because there stupid OP.

Your idea is plain dumb. You cant say OP out for this or that's.!

Members
1,882 posts
506 battles
42 minutes ago, MEANN said:

Ok, let's try this again. Rules for this topic. Discuss the topic not the people having the discussion. It doesn't matter how good or bad they are let them have an opinion. debate the topic please. 

I would like to have the option to take myself out of the cv game play as it in my opinion it seems like it isnt the same game. There are a great number of plane games available to play in fact WG  has one. 

Before we get into "there were planes in WWII for accuracy, if the game was accurate the us ships would be able to hit everyone with near pinpoint accuracy. " For me it is the fact that the current cv's are a super high skill cap boat and the player disparity 

causes for a team to loose or win based on one player. the new version will require very little skill or time to be able to take out a player of high skill. The time that a lot of the plays have invested in becoming "good" in a boat or type of boat to only be smashed by some unskilled plane driver is vastly unfair or disproportionate to the skill required to kill that player in a surface ship. Also the clan players that are known as good players will be the first victims.  ZR, OPG, O7, ect. will be taken out of the game at an alarming rate. The effect on their stats, personal game play, as well as their win rate time in game will be negatively effected. With an option to opt out of cvs,  what I would think a large group of players would be able to enjoy surface game play which is why the vast majority of players started to play the game for. At the moment just by using stats of number of games played. it is about 1 and 17 games are with a cv. there are 9990 players on the yamato pleader board. the midway has 997 on its board. on the na server there are 69,950 players. It seems to me that the smallest group is being able to force the larger group into playing with cvs. Let the 5 or 6k players that want to play cvs play them but leave the other 90% alone. 

Yamato  10 Battleship Japan 2 660 767 49.32 % 0.86 87 351 1 680 1.2 1.52 Montana  10 Battleship U.S.A. 2 557 583 49.12 % 0.87 79 478 1 600 1.71 1.61 Großer Kurfürst  10 Battleship Germany 1 775 912 50.75 % 0.91 82 295 1 530 1.45 1.55 Conqueror  10 Battleship U.K. 620 443 50.48 % 0.87 101 108 1 718 1.06 1.88 République  10 Battleship France 515 674 51.07 % 1.01 93 807 1 716 1.18 1.86 Midway  10 Aircraft Carrier U.S.A. 298 998 45.95 % 1.25 91 591 1 738 24.91 6.2 Hakuryu  10 Aircraft Carrier Japan 153 830 48.94 % 1.25 90 178 1 679 22.24 6.82

RULES??
Are you kidding me right now???
You make a silly silly topic (AGAIN) and expect to set Rules for its discussion on how SILLY IT IS??

NO... it really is THAT SIMPLE.,..

WG said no....

Discussion ended... 

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Members
1,882 posts
506 battles
23 minutes ago, MEANN said:

i spoke with Ikami about reopening the tread and was told that it is fine as long as the players dont attack each other.

we attack the silliness of this thread (AGAIN) not others... seems you are the only one silly enough to keep this going. no matter WHAT MOD said it was ok to do so, it is just plain stupid... now, YOU are not stupid (although this thread being started a second time,,,,,) but the idea is... no one is attacking or discussing what everyone THINKS or who they are... its the idea alone that is silly...
WG already said NO, so why bring up this GD click-bait flame inducing war starting topic again and again... its gonna get locked and should never be brought up again... the answer was, is and always will be NO...
|IKE CVS>?>?  DONT [edited]PLAY

67GqeO2.gif

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Members
1,882 posts
506 battles
2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Just had this same title posted why again?????

he thinks that if he asks a MOD if he can start it up again, that it wont get locked because he made RULES for its debate...

RIvX3LR.gif