You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CapinJoethegrey

Lack of play balance

12 comments in this topic

[-UCS-]
Members
16 posts
10,151 battles

Wargaming continually states that play balance is the most important thing in their reworking of ships, yet the play balance between CVs and BBs is non existent.      I recently played a game where I was in a BB tier IX, against a mixed bag of IXs and Xs.  The only important X was the enemy Midway.   I had my AA flag, Commander skill to boost AA fire.   I saw the Torpedo planes coming and started an evasive turn, and had my fighter launched.   I manually targeted the enemy TP.   All of this accomplished exactly nothing.   My fighter went after the enemy Dive bomber, and my AA shot down nothing.   The enemy CV commander was pretty skilled, and did a manual double torpedo drop, and a few seconds later I was hit by 10 Torpedoes and DELETED!    Now wargaming reworked the entire BB vs DD fire to ruin a BBs chance of hurting a DD, all because of a rare chance of a BB doing excesive damage to a DD, but this type of thing routinely happens when high end skilled CV players are around.    Games are supposed to be fun and challenging, but when there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent being destroyed, it just becomes frustrating.    You play games to have fun, not get frustrated and annoyed.    The CV rework is just going to make this much worse, since now not even shooting down enemy AC has any lasting effect.   Having a pretty good game suddenly terminated by an unstoppable enemy is not the way to design a game that people will want to play.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,626 posts
2,633 battles

A lot of that raw 100 to 0 alpha strike will hopefully be removed with the rework. As for your Montana, you should know the only BBs that are completley safe from air attack are the Texas and the hood (vs lower tier aircraft). Even then they still can probably drop a few on you if you arent prepared

Members
3,981 posts
6,704 battles

This is why CVs were reworked and BBs do lots of damage to DDs still and I can attest to that as I am a BB main.  No one who has tested think the CVs will get stronger under the rework.

[EQRN]
Members
649 posts
10,051 battles

If you watch Notser’s video on how to dodge AA, notice what he is actually accomplishing: not a whole lot.  10 Torp hits and only 1 flood?  Torp damage are pretty much overpen damage a BB would do.  Lots of chip damage,  no insta-deletes.

[RLGN]
Members
9,408 posts
18,821 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

A lot of that raw 100 to 0 alpha strike will hopefully be removed with the rework.

Raw alpha will be reduced; raw actual presence of carriers is likely to increase; whether or not the impact of any ‘skill gap’ will be reduced remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

This is why CVs were reworked and BBs do lots of damage to DDs still and I can attest to that as I am a BB main.  No one who has tested think the CVs will get stronger under the rework.

Stronger?

No.

Appearing more often and in greater numbers?

Yes.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,447 battles

I feel your pain I hate playing against Midways. You can’t do anything to stop them 

[WOLF7]
Members
10,769 posts
54 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

A lot of that raw 100 to 0 alpha strike will hopefully be removed with the rework. As for your Montana, you should know the only BBs that are completley safe from air attack are the Texas and the hood (vs lower tier aircraft). Even then they still can probably drop a few on you if you arent prepared

A Saipan can delete a Texas with minimal loss of planes....

[WOLF7]
Members
10,769 posts
51 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

If you watch Notser’s video on how to dodge AA, notice what he is actually accomplishing: not a whole lot.  10 Torp hits and only 1 flood?  Torp damage are pretty much overpen damage a BB would do.  Lots of chip damage,  no insta-deletes.

Yes, I personally think spending the entire time dancing around constantly trying to avoid torps for the entire game, rather than being deleted instantly sounds really fun and engaging...:Smile_glasses:

[EQRN]
Members
649 posts
10,051 battles
7 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Yes, I personally think spending the entire time dancing around constantly trying to avoid torps for the entire game, rather than being deleted instantly sounds really fun and engaging...:Smile_glasses:

Perhaps you missed the part where ships were not dodging torpedoes and yet not getting floods and not being deleted instantly.  Reading comprehension is OP. :cap_book:

[WOLF1]
Members
3,808 posts
1,513 battles
31 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Perhaps you missed the part where ships were not dodging torpedoes and yet not getting floods and not being deleted instantly.  Reading comprehension is OP. :cap_book:

But that would mean they would have to not always put the worst possible spin on their conclusions from the video...

Members
3,981 posts
6,704 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Appearing more often and in greater numbers?

Yes.

and as a BB main - it would be great of fast firing, HE spewing, cruisers and DDs would disappear as well - but that is just as a broken idea.  Sorry - I don't knee jerk fear any ship type and play what is given.  More CVs - fine.  5 DDs on each team - fine - what ever loads up. 

• Cool 1