You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

PSA: If a DD on your team calls out a Radar cruiser, it should already be dead.

73 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
5,501 posts
2,625 battles

It's a plain and simple fact that whichever team kills their opponent's Radar cruisers first wins the game, no exceptions. That means that when your friendly DD spams F3 on a Cleveland, a Buffalo, a Moskva, a Black, or any other cruiser or opposing DD capable of carrying Radar, there should already be someone lined up and with shots in the air that will Dev Strike that ship into oblivion. If you don't have line of sight, then you're out of position and we'll lose because of you. If you just fired at someone else, then you have poor situational awareness and we'll lose because of you. If you are out of range, then you deployed badly and we'll lose because of you. Are you seeing a pattern yet? Let me clarify in case I was being too subtle: IF YOU DON'T KILL THE RADAR CRUISERS THE EXACT INSTANT THEY SHOW UP, WE WILL LOSE BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!!!!

This is not a rant against Radar as a whole, it is a rant against the people who don't recognize that Radar-carrying ships should ALWAYS be the first ships to die, no exceptions. DDs can't cap, stealth torp, shoot from smoke, hide, or do anything that they're supposed to do or that they're good at as long as the enemy's Radar is in play. Once the Radar is gone, the DDs are free to influence the battle in your team's favour, and we all know that DDs become more influential the longer they survive. 

There, rant over. Feel free to criticize and insult me to your heart's content like I know you love to: I don't care because I know I'm right.

• Cool 13
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 17
  • Angry 3

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
334 posts
8,378 battles

Huh a radar cruiser that poses a risk to my teammate and will spit endless fire at me that I could easily obliterate with my battleship guns?

Nah better save him for last.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[MKF]
Members
446 posts
16,176 battles

It's awesome when you are begging your team to shoot that cruiser and see them all focused on a BB well behind said cruiser. Not saying it happens all the time but it is frustrating when it happens.

[TOAST]
Members
958 posts
8,227 battles

Unfortunately that's not how it always works. RNG tends to say no a lot.

And if by the time you press F3 there should already be shots in the air to dev strike the radar ship...then why do you need to press F3? Wouldn't just thinking "I'm going to press F3" magically make shots appear in the air to dev strike whatever it is you want dev struck? Your rant doesn't even make sense.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,411 posts
13,962 battles
2 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

It's a plain and simple fact that whichever team kills their opponent's Radar cruisers first wins the game, no exceptions. 

IF YOU DON'T KILL THE RADAR CRUISERS THE EXACT INSTANT THEY SHOW UP, WE WILL LOSE BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!!!!

I don't care because I know I'm right.

See the source image

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[MKF]
Members
446 posts
16,176 battles
7 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

Unfortunately that's not how it always works. RNG tends to say no a lot.

And if by the time you press F3 there should already be shots in the air to dev strike the radar ship...then why do you need to press F3? Wouldn't just thinking "I'm going to press F3" magically make shots appear in the air to dev strike whatever it is you want dev struck? Your rant doesn't even make sense.

He is saying that even before a game starts you should pay attention to red radar ships and when spotted should be focused as fast as possible. Teams that ignore them often lose. Seemed reasonable to me.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,633 posts
2,633 battles
6 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

This is not a rant against Radar

Now hold on just a minute

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TOAST]
Members
958 posts
8,227 battles
Just now, Dath_1 said:

He is saying that even before a game starts you should pay attention to red radar ships and when spotted should be focused as fast as possible. Teams that ignore them often lose. Seemed reasonable to me.

Seems like to me he wants a psych F3 button and for RNG not to exist in the game. The guy is never...ever going to get what he wants. Kind of a pointless rant.

• Boring 1

[MKF]
Members
446 posts
16,176 battles
7 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

Seems like to me he wants a psych F3 button and for RNG not to exist in the game. The guy is never...ever going to get what he wants. Kind of a pointless rant.

There was definitely some exaggeration but my interpretation was that teams that want to win focus radar cruisers right away which I agree with totally. Realistically that ship won't always get nuked but if a cruiser sees he's getting focused by 5 ships or starts losing health he will back off as well, thus helping out your DDs

• Cool 4

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,447 battles

You are right but that is the fun of a multiplayer game you get a lot of random people who just do not care or pay attention. 

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
3,257 posts
2,408 battles
8 minutes ago, _1204_ said:
16 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

This is not a rant against Radar

Now hold on just a minute

Its a rant against people that don't prioritize the situational awareness required for winning.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,633 posts
2,633 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

Its a rant against people that don't prioritize the situational awareness required for winning.

It's a rant about killing radar ships. Why do they want them dead? Starts with a R...

[PLPT]
Members
824 posts
7,912 battles
18 minutes ago, Dath_1 said:

It's awesome when you are begging your team to shoot that cruiser and see them all focused on a BB well behind said cruiser. Not saying it happens all the time but it is frustrating when it happens.

It happens all the time. BBs are often seen playing their own private game amongst themselves... I think part of it has do to with the overemphasis on damage numbers. Red BBs have more HP to farm?

Or maybe it’s because in the beginning of a game, a BB is usually the first ship spotted, and all the green BB’s immediately fire at it, scoring a total of one overpen and one bounce. Then the red DD/CA shows up 10 seconds later but everyone is already focused on the red BB at 20k?

Edited by n00bot
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[MKF]
Members
446 posts
16,176 battles
7 minutes ago, n00bot said:

It happens all the time. BBs are often seen playing their own private game amongst themselves... I think part of it has do to with the overemphasis on damage numbers. Red BBs have more HP to farm?

Or maybe it’s because in the beginning of a game, a BB is usually the first ship spotted, and all the green BB’s immediately fire at it, scoring one overpen and one bounce. Then the red DD/CA shows up 10 seconds later but everyone is already focused on the red BB at 20k?

Could be. Hence others discussing situational awareness... I love playing high tier BB and usually hold my fire when the first BBs show up so I can surprise the cruisers when they do pop up. Or if you are engaging another ship being aware enough to switch targets. As they should be higher priority. 

[SBS]
Members
3,257 posts
2,408 battles
2 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

It's a rant about killing radar ships. Why do they want them dead? Starts with a R...

Sometimes people's interests align.  He wants radar dead, you want to win the game.  A perfect mutually beneficial relationship.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,342 posts
10,574 battles
20 minutes ago, Dath_1 said:

Yeah because they are great at killing the DDs on your team, and we all know what happens if the enemy DDs survive into late battle and the DDs on your team were killed early in the battle.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,580 posts
20,158 battles

Lot's of factors that can prevent this:

- distance to target

- RNG

- reload cycle

- having a DD in front that threatens the BB more then your cruiser

Better support for you:

Ask a friendly CA near you to open fire on him. He has a faster reload and some of them can hit those "radar cruisers" that sit behind a island.

[H_]
Members
1,241 posts

As said above, so much better that I can write, as a DD main, we talk about the radar ships well before we deploy and you know what, ah, I have to "trust" players that usually focus on "what they want" versus what we need.....and, I get zapped every so often trying to keep the enemy wall of battle spotted: cause they are too far away for both my guns and torps !

The only way this will change is if Radar ships have a much larger "value" in hunting them and destroying them....  Of course, radar required no skill to use and the rewards for using it are 100% free and 10x or more than what they were before the 1970's fleet targeting data and sharable radar FDC systems were deployed...........to boost revenue.............notice that update 8 is late and the xmas stuff has been extended?  Getting a WoTs deja vu yet?

• Bad 2

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,411 posts
13,962 battles

One time, at band camp...

I was in a game the reds had 6 radars to our none.....I took the screenshot, all set to go full MM nerd rage on the forum....and we won... it was a total buzzkill.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,092 posts
13,558 battles
10 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I thought it was DDs that had to die immediately to win...

Or was that CVs? 

Or something else?

BBs want DDs dead. DDs want CA / CL dead. CA / CL want BB dead. Everyone wants CVs dead.

I try to prioritize radar cruisers when I'm driving my BB. Doesn't always work out. And even when I have shots available, RNG doesn't always work out.

Members
227 posts
3,354 battles

Also radar crusiers don't spawn camp or drive sideways follow the DD into your radar range... cant name how many times they stay way back until it is too late. 

[TOAST]
Members
958 posts
8,227 battles
54 minutes ago, n00bot said:

Or maybe it’s because in the beginning of a game, a BB is usually the first ship spotted, and all the green BB’s immediately fire at it, scoring a total of one overpen and one bounce. Then the red DD/CA shows up 10 seconds later but everyone is already focused on the red BB at 20k?

Funny thing is, more often than not when someone F3's something other than a BB and I immediately fire on it from my BB I end up getting a random kill on something that isn't a BB. While all the other BB around me fire at the thing 15+km away and miss what they were trying to hit. :Smile_veryhappy: