You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainKiwi_2016

Izumo - Worth the Grind?

60 comments in this topic

Members
487 posts

I am close to being able to research Izumo, and probably among the minority of players that actually want to try her out. But, is she worth it despite all the negative feedback?

[O_O]
Members
4,838 posts
10,623 battles

She was painful when stock.  Once upgraded, I didn't think she was that horrible.

She is about to get a buff, too.

[INTEL]
Members
6,894 posts
27,643 battles

Getting a buff so it wont be so horrible. A rite of passage to get Yamato,

I did not find it that bad but it certainly is one of the low points of the line. One thing I found grating was the high cost of  hull upgrade. Took me a long while to get (this in the days of low FXP gains - now it its much easier).

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
334 posts
8,378 battles

The better question would be is skipping her worth the free XP?

She isn't nearly as bad as when I grinded through her, IMO spend some FXP on the hull then grind it out.

Members
487 posts
32 minutes ago, Troa_Barton said:

The better question would be is skipping her worth the free XP?

She isn't nearly as bad as when I grinded through her, IMO spend some FXP on the hull then grind it out.

FXPing past her is out of the question as I haven't got enough FXP, spent it on other ships and upgrades. I'm a Co-Op warrior so if I avoid the T10 BBs she should be fun to play. 

Members
487 posts
45 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Getting a buff so it wont be so horrible. A rite of passage to get Yamato,

I did not find it that bad but it certainly is one of the low points of the line. One thing I found grating was the high cost of  hull upgrade. Took me a long while to get (this in the days of low FXP gains - now it its much easier).

Only issue is the post battle service cost. Amagi nearly sucked me dry of Credits when I first got her New Year's Day 2017, but her service cost seems to have been lowered. 

Members
487 posts
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

She was painful when stock.  Once upgraded, I didn't think she was that horrible.

She is about to get a buff, too.

Izumo was the unloved T9 IJN BB, which I think deserves more love. 

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,411 posts
13,962 battles

All ships are worth it. The problem with skipping ships is you miss out on game content. I blew past some ships and regret it. The Izumo or any tier 9 may help you better play high tier games... as well as help grind captains xp along the way.  If credits are a concern...take your time getting to tier 10.

Members
487 posts
1 minute ago, Abides said:

All ships are worth it. The problem with skipping ships is you miss out on game content. I blew past some ships and regret it. The Izumo or any tier 9 may help you better play high tier games... as well as help grind captains xp along the way.  If credits are a concern...take your time getting to tier 10.

I am itching to try Izumo. I feel sorry for the ship seeing that she has gotten so much hate. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,580 posts
20,158 battles

She will get another buff soon. I never understood the complaines. After you unlock the second hull, you learn everthing you need to know about the Yamato.

Members
487 posts
4 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

She will get another buff soon. I never understood the complaines. After you unlock the second hull, you learn everthing you need to know about the Yamato.

Its gonna take me a while and a lot of credits that I don't have. I don't mind the time, i worry about the costs more. Not to mention if Izumo has a terrible service cost. 

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles
12 minutes ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

Its gonna take me a while and a lot of credits that I don't have. I don't mind the time, i worry about the costs more. Not to mention if Izumo has a terrible service cost. 

Do you have the Public Test Server client downloaded? It's a great place for being able to try out those high-tier ships because they give you more credits and doubloons than you can hope to spend, with massively downgraded research costs, and you can go for broke testing and experimenting. (It doesn't carry over to the live server, alas, but it would still give you a good idea of the ship and what it feels like and costs to play her.)

• Cool 1

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
334 posts
8,378 battles
33 minutes ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

Only issue is the post battle service cost. Amagi nearly sucked me dry of Credits when I first got her New Year's Day 2017, but her service cost seems to have been lowered. 

I sent you a private message as a reply.

Members
487 posts
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Do you have the Public Test Server client downloaded? It's a great place for being able to try out those high-tier ships because they give you more credits and doubloons than you can hope to spend, with massively downgraded research costs, and you can go for broke testing and experimenting. (It doesn't carry over to the live server, alas, but it would still give you a good idea of the ship and what it feels like and costs to play her.)

I am actually looking at downloading the Public Test Server Client, even it if it means waiting a few days for it to install. Then I can try out tons of ships especially premiums. Pity I can't keep any ships I purchase, but just to experience them would be fun. 

[NSC]
Members
167 posts
6,129 battles

I really enjoyed the Izumo for some reason...it may not be as bad as you think.

[T-RIP]
Members
1,480 posts
8,988 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is what i've been doing for ages, since the public test server was made available. 

It gives you all the insight you need to choose lines and see what's what in each.

+1 dude!

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles
9 minutes ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

I am actually looking at downloading the Public Test Server Client, even it if it means waiting a few days for it to install. Then I can try out tons of ships especially premiums. Pity I can't keep any ships I purchase, but just to experience them would be fun. 

Unfortunately it doesn't let you try out the premiums there. But the ability to try out captain skills and ship builds is a treasure beyond price, especially if you are about to blow a gazillion precious credits on upgrade modules.

• Cool 1

Members
487 posts
Just now, SpudZero said:

This is what i've been doing for ages, since the public test server was made available. 

It gives you all the insight you need to choose lines and see what's what in each.

+1 dude!

I think I'll install it, screw the long download time. I have the hard drive space for it. Do I need to register a new account for it or not? 

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

I think I'll install it, screw the long download time. I have the hard drive space for it. Do I need to register a new account for it or not? 

No, you register with the same details as for your primary account. You can get stuff on the primary account (mostly flags) for playing on the test server, so it is essential to keep stuff the same so the prizes can be credited to you, and easy to just duplicate all your main account details when you register the PTS.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
487 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Unfortunately it doesn't let you try out the premiums there. But the ability to try out captain skills and ship builds is a treasure beyond price, especially if you are about to blow a gazillion precious credits on upgrade modules.

So I can try Tier 10s on the PTS? I'd like to see how powerful some tier 10s like Minotaur, Des Moines, Zao, and Conqueror are. 

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,703 posts

She's been buffed a lot since I ground her up. Lower detection radius, pen buff, turret rotation speed buff, and a turning radius buff.

She's getting a sigma buff next.

I'd vote to make her a premium next and drop another pre-Yamato super battleship design in her place.

Members
487 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, you register with the same details as for your primary account. You can get stuff on the primary account (mostly flags) for playing on the test server, so it is essential to keep stuff the same so the prizes can be credited to you, and easy to just duplicate all your main account details when you register the PTS.

Where do I go to register? I'm hooked....:D 

[TARK]
Members
119 posts
2,026 battles
46 minutes ago, Abides said:

False.

I skipped Seattle.

I have no regrets.

When I see a Seattle, I shoot at it once, and get anywhere between 2 and 6 citadels.

Second shot kills it.

That.Ship.Is.A.Joke.

Would skip again.

Members
487 posts
1 minute ago, turdjelly said:

False.

I skipped Seattle.

I have no regrets.

When I see a Seattle, I shoot at it once, and get anywhere between 2 and 6 citadels.

Second shot kills it.

That.Ship.Is.A.Joke.

Would skip again.

Yes, I have heard a lot of terrible things about Seattle. I Free XPed past Danae and Emerald because they were crap. Leander is far better. 

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles
11 minutes ago, CaptainKiwi_2016 said:

Where do I go to register? I'm hooked....:D 

https://worldofwarships.com 

Look for the news of the next PTS session, which will probably be next weekend. There should be a clicky-box in the relevant article.