You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarfTarts421

My First Hackusation

45 comments in this topic

[MLPVA]
Members
209 posts
3,108 battles

Just got out of a loss where I managed to Dev-Strike an enemy Zao for almost all of his health. I was in my Grosser Kurfurst, 420mm build. He kept going on and on about how the "kill an enemy in a single salvo" was taken out, and I was about to say right before the match ended, "Mate, if you sail broadside to a Grosser Kurfurst, you have to expect to get paddled." Honestly made me feel a little bit better because I've just had the most godawful string of battles lately. Completely obliterating my WR in the GK. Urgh..

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

Must be another bad who fail his way to the top. 

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,933 posts
9,049 battles

Ah another one that didn't comprehend that it's only detonations, and even then you can still technically get one in a single salvo (all about timing of round impacts). 

Gratz, and hopefully you earn more. They are always fun. 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles

I'm not sure that particular mechanic made it into this latest patch. Was playing my Donskoi the other day, at full health, and got eliminated by one salvo from a Montana. After congratulating the Montana driver on a nice shot, I looked at the after action screen and found he had only hit me with two shells, which had done 42,000 damage total (it would be so nice to have the ability to find out what each shells damage was but there isn't any way currently). I remember when WoW included a mechanic which split ships of the same kind between teams; if there were 4 Clevelands each team got two. A couple of patches later that disappeared. I'm wondering if that 3/4 detonation rule thing went the same way. Not that it really matters, it just would be nice to know.

[PSP]
Members
8,023 posts
8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

hit me with two shells, which had done 42,000 damage total 

Isn't 40,200 the base hitpoints of a Donskoi?

Now, a ship’s magazine can detonate only if the ship has 75% or less of her HP pool remaining.

Note that a ship at 75% of its original hitpoints can detonate, not one that only has 25%. The change prevented a DD from sending one shell to a full-health BB, and through sheer random chance, detonating it.

LOL. I actually saw that happen twice. At the game start, a teammate sent a random salvo off toward the general direction of the enemy side and detonated a ship. I also saw a clan messing around pew pewing near each other until one DD hit a BB with a single shell and detonated it.

Edited by Snargfargle

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
2,138 posts
4,361 battles
17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Now, a ship’s magazine can detonate only if the ship has 75% or less of her HP pool remaining.

Note that a ship at 75% of its original hitpoints can detonate, not one that only has 25%. The change prevented a DD from sending one shell to a full-health BB, and through sheer random chance, detonating it.

LOL. I actually saw that happen twice. At the game start, a teammate sent a random salvo off toward the general direction of the enemy side and detonated a ship. I also saw a clan messing around pew pewing near each other until one DD hit a BB with a single shell and detonated it.

Uh... Snarg I think you may need to reread the bold text, because that first sentence after it is not what it's saying at all. It's saying that a ship needs to have 75% or LESS of it's original HP to detonate, 25% definitely counts as less than that.

Edit: Though on the subject of hackusations I still remember my first one from WoT. I was in my Panther II on Himmelsdorf at the top of the hill and an Easy-8 Sherman pokes up juuuust enough to have a shot on me, and bounces his round off my front plate. Which was sloped even further than normal because he was hull-down. Which even without that sloping was enough to defeat the 76mm AP he was using. The closest thing I can think of is a Pensacola complaining that he can't pen the belt of a Hipper that's angled and at least 10km out.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,933 posts
9,049 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I'm wondering if that 3/4 detonation rule thing went the same way.

If it was in fact a detonation, and if the Montana player is anything like me, it's as I said above, impact timing. 

When I fire, I fire sequential, so there is a slight delay between guns firing, meaning a delay in impact. So if it was in fact 2 shells - 1 likely hit the citadel, which at 13k damage would drop you to around 75% or lower, meaning when shell 2 hits fractions of a second later, the threshold is hit, and boom. Or if it registers 2 hits but not the one that caused the detonation, then 2 full pens, that could easily have reduced the magazine hit points to 0, and the third unregistered hit to the magazine, would have the same effect. 

If it wasn't a detonation, I got no clue. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
7,629 posts
3,243 battles

Rule is indeed 75% of health.  However, the detonation roll occurs after the normal damage done by the ordnance.  E.g. a torp strike that eats 26% of a 100% health BB rolls for detonation.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
8,023 posts
27 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Uh... Snarg I think you may need to reread the bold text, because that first sentence after it is not what it's saying at all. It's saying that a ship needs to have 75% or LESS of it's original HP to detonate, 25% definitely counts as less than that.

A lot of players read it wrong and think that they need 25% or less to detonate. I hear it all the time in chat when someone detonates with over half of their health remaining. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
2,138 posts
4,361 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

A lot of players read it wrong and think that they need 25% or less to detonate. I hear it all the time in chat when someone detonates with over half of their health remaining. 

I think the wording is playing tricks on me, I read it as "A ship with less than 75% HP can detonate, but a ship with 25% or less CAN'T"

[PSP]
Members
8,023 posts
29 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

I think the wording is playing tricks on me, I read it as "A ship with less than 75% HP can detonate, but a ship with 25% or less CAN'T"

I have been known to confuse even myself.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,072 posts
7,682 battles

I had a similar incident a couple days ago. I was sailing my Iowa and a either full health or almost full health Mino come around the side of a island that had been pelting me I suppose he got a little skiddish and decided to run. I guess he thought he was more angled than he was I was able to turn the opposite direction just enough to get all nine guns on him. One full broadside and he was deleted. I was surprised, first time in awhile since I got one of those.

Members
1,301 posts
7,663 battles

I still get a chuckle out of the time a mino charged, turned, and beached himself 6km or so away broadside.  I rotated my guns , deleted him,  accelerated my  ship and turned away from where i expected his torps to be fired at.  Sure enough he fired him along where i assume his grey line was, so they all missed.  He spent the rest of the match calling me a cheater.

[SPCU]
Members
556 posts
4,721 battles
21 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I had a similar incident a couple days ago. I was sailing my Iowa and a either full health or almost full health Mino come around the side of a island that had been pelting me I suppose he got a little skiddish and decided to run. I guess he thought he was more angled than he was I was able to turn the opposite direction just enough to get all nine guns on him. One full broadside and he was deleted. I was surprised, first time in awhile since I got one of those.

Minos can angle? I thought minos armored their citadels with spare emerald citadels...

• Funny 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
2,138 posts
4,361 battles
14 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Minos can angle? I thought minos armored their citadels with spare emerald citadels...

Well to be fair even a broken clock can autobounce twice a day.

• Cool 1

[SPCU]
Members
556 posts
4,721 battles
2 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

What about when I'm in my Jean Bart (less than 1 hour ago) just about ready to finish off an enemy BB and this allied DD comes tearing up the firing side of my ship, like feet away...

and I fired... sunk him just like that.... either he was wanting to lay smoke... which I would have hated.... or he wanted rush in and steal the kill..

Anyhow... I was pink for two games because of that. I told him he should at least have said he was coming up my left side OR sounded his ships horn. I was angry, but that is done with now. In the past. :(

Huh... can friendly fire cause detonations? I've never actually witnessed that one.

Edit: tried to clean up the quote a bit...

Edited by Xanshin

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
1 hour ago, Xanshin said:

Huh... can friendly fire cause detonations? I've never actually witnessed that one.

Well, yes. If I sunk him. he had just been king hit by my Jean Bart!

However, I posted that at midnight (here) and now, 1:30am, got up to fix things. I was angry.

Posting my story is bad manners in someone else’s thread, its hijacking, and I am sorry for doing that. I shall remove the offending post even though its been quoted and replied to.

[SPCU]
Members
556 posts
4,721 battles
1 minute ago, kiwi1960 said:

Well, yes. If I sunk him. he had just been king hit by my Jean Bart!

However, I posted that at midnight (here) and now, 1:30am, got up to fix things. I was angry.

Posting my story is bad manners in someone else’s thread, its hijacking, and I am sorry for doing that. I shall remove the offending post even though its been quoted and replied to.

No worries. Just thought it was odd your big boy boat even hit his tiny dd self being so close... and whether he was full health... still unsure if friendly fire can detonate. Will it help to clean up the quote or will your edit fix the quote?

[TBOW]
Members
1,523 posts
11,441 battles
5 hours ago, DarfTarts421 said:

Just got out of a loss where I managed to Dev-Strike an enemy Zao for almost all of his health. I was in my Grosser Kurfurst, 420mm build. He kept going on and on about how the "kill an enemy in a single salvo" was taken out, and I was about to say right before the match ended, "Mate, if you sail broadside to a Grosser Kurfurst, you have to expect to get paddled." Honestly made me feel a little bit better because I've just had the most godawful string of battles lately. Completely obliterating my WR in the GK. Urgh..

When one sails Broadside in a floating Citadel, one should expect to get hurt.  It is why I run Priority Target, so I know how many are looking at my Citadel when boting in floating Citadel.

[SPCU]
Members
556 posts
4,721 battles
3 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

When one sails Broadside in a floating Citadel, one should expect to get hurt.  It is why I run Priority Target, so I know how many are looking at my Citadel when boting in floating Citadel.

At least zao HAS a citadel rather being the physical incarnation of one like mino.

Members
4,251 posts
53 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

Yes, I don't know why players, even at higher levels, continue to run in a straight line broadside to a BB then complain when they get pounded.  And PT is a must for any ship I play.

[PVE]
Members
12,459 posts
8,490 battles
7 hours ago, DarfTarts421 said:

Congrats.

[H_]
Members
1,241 posts

OP.  Good shot !  I've been in game one year and a few days now and I've had one Detonation that I didn't even realize I did it?  My Yammy caught a enemy cruiser 12K going from behind an island in the B cap full broadside and I had the guns there anyway so...........I shot and went back to what was right in front of me and the Red/brown badges said I killed something and my clan mate in that cap on DC, whom was engaging that ship, said wth was that........???  Ooops, did I do that?

How I did that or to say there was any skill isn't honest: it was a hip shot just for the sake of convenience of where the guns were tracking....  There were 3 citadels though and I guess, that was enough???  Haven't done it since and that was months ago.....  the chat had all sorts of white "you cheated" scrolling going on and I don't know how it did what it did???  Heck, I'm just the average CPT whom I suspect, got a golden BB, from the broadside...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles
9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Yes, it is; so you can imagine how surprised I was to be eliminated in one volley.

9 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

if the Montana player is anything like me, it's as I said above, impact timing. 

Although I think he vollied the shots, what you are saying is certainly possible if they were close together.

9 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Rule is indeed 75% of health.

This is (was?) absolutely correct; my question was is the mechanic actually still in effect after this last patch, as other mechanics have somehow "fallen out" when a new patch hits.