Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sunny_Lo

0.8.0 open beta grace period?

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

19
[RIPCV]
Members
8 posts
1,348 battles

Yes you heard me, with update 0.8.0 the game practically return to open beta status.

Therefore, I would like to propose the whole 0.8.0 patch to be a grace period that we will have unlimited resets on captain skills, captain reallocation, switch upgrades and modules should be also be unlimited free of charge as well. 

To be honest, it would be extremely unfair for players to use doubloons, that cost real world money, to test your CV rework in live environments. 

A single free reset in captain skill just wouldn't cut it. 

We will need unlimited reset to test many different setup in order to generate the data that dev said they need in live server.

  • Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,240
Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Yup. If I'm going to be a Lab Rat, I want my cheese!

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[RIPCV]
Members
8 posts
1,348 battles
5 minutes ago, Westo454 said:

This is what the Public Test Server is for.

If they can test everything and give us balance and polished product in CV rework close beta and PTS, then we wouldn't even have 0.8.0 problem in first place. 

They are pretty up front about it, that CV rework is unfinished and unbalanced product implements in live server in order to collect data for further development.

I suggest you should read dev note concerning CV rework and patch 0.8.0

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
984
[KP]
Beta Testers
2,482 posts
12,162 battles
33 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Yup. If I'm going to be a Lab Rat, I want my cheese!

You can also be given the poison.

                                                ^^ look I said poi

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[ADR]
Members
38 posts
3,564 battles
8 minutes ago, Sunny_Lo said:

If they can test everything and give us balance and polished product in CV rework close beta and PTS, then we wouldn't even have 0.8.0 problem in first place. 

They are pretty up front about it, that CV rework is unfinished and unbalanced product implements in live server in order to collect data for further development.

I suggest you should read dev note concerning CV rework and patch 0.8.0

After reading and re-reading everything in the devlogs about 0.8.0 I haven't seen an official statement that WG is going to release 0.8.0 for the purpose of mass testing the rework. The closest thing is a short statement on the original devbulletin saying 'These features are still actively being tested and refined' which is the same thing as the Work in Progress watermarks they ask the CCs to put on their videos so people don't get angry when it comes out different then when they first saw it early in development. 0.8.0 is in open Beta as of right now. You can go on the Public Test Server and play with it, Aircraft Carrier and surface ship alike. You can respec captains to your hearts content, and replace as many modules as you care to.

In fact, Wargaming recently announced they are pushing back 0.8.0 in order to make further improvements, run a third round of testing, and hopefully iron out as many kinks and balance issues as possible.

Yes, 0.8.0 will seriously shake up the meta. So did the removal of stealth fire, so did smoke firing changes, so did the introduction of radar. So did the removal of 5 point captain skills. The Meta changes all the time. Deal with it.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,481
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles

I absolutely love it when the players of a free to play game start demanding things; this is absolutely hilarious so, please, do keep it going.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[RIPCV]
Members
8 posts
1,348 battles

So in what way, my suggestion will hurts the player base? Those video post by CC are mostly full AA build or no AA build, it is unrealistic to pick a right setup with only one skill reset and use doubloons to replace modules. 

When CC said the CV rework is not ready and ask for more testing before push to live server, Dev team responded on Reddit said it is important to test real players behavior in live environment.

The CV rework implicated so many game mechanics and balance and affect almost every other class, I don't think I can make informed choice based on CC video and or face value ship data alone.

 

I know someone doesn't care to understand game mechanics and like to craptalk other people, you can laugh at me. But you will find out how limited it gets with just single reset and how different modules behave in the future. Don't cry after the facts.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,398 posts
47 battles

Devs already said there will be free captain respecs in 0.8.0. They might throw in free module demounting and remounting and some more others.

Why can't you have patience for a couple of weeks instead of blowing your heads off like everybody else who's losing their heads over this rework?

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,278
[SALVO]
Members
18,400 posts
18,943 battles
13 hours ago, Westo454 said:

This is what the Public Test Server is for.

The sample sizes on the PTS just aren't sufficient for the CV rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,278
[SALVO]
Members
18,400 posts
18,943 battles
13 hours ago, Sunny_Lo said:

Yes you heard me, with update 0.8.0 the game practically return to open beta status.

Therefore, I would like to propose the whole 0.8.0 patch to be a grace period that we will have unlimited resets on captain skills, captain reallocation, switch upgrades and modules should be also be unlimited free of charge as well. 

To be honest, it would be extremely unfair for players to use doubloons, that cost real world money, to test your CV rework in live environments. 

A single free reset in captain skill just wouldn't cut it. 

We will need unlimited reset to test many different setup in order to generate the data that dev said they need in live server.

You clearly don't understand captain resets.  They've never set up captain resets such that you only get to do it once per captain or per ship.  The way it's done is that you get a window of time during which you have an unlimited number of resets.  And sometimes they'll also allow for free upgrade module changes, though I don't know if it'll be the case here.

 

BTW, for all those people who have bemoaned the rework and say that they're going to take some time off, I ***STRONGLY*** suggest that you wait until after the rework so that you can use the free captain skill reset that's highly likely to occur, even if all you do it reset to each captain to no skills selected and wait to make your choices at some later time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,278
[SALVO]
Members
18,400 posts
18,943 battles
10 hours ago, Sunny_Lo said:

So in what way, my suggestion will hurts the player base? Those video post by CC are mostly full AA build or no AA build, it is unrealistic to pick a right setup with only one skill reset and use doubloons to replace modules. 

When CC said the CV rework is not ready and ask for more testing before push to live server, Dev team responded on Reddit said it is important to test real players behavior in live environment.

The CV rework implicated so many game mechanics and balance and affect almost every other class, I don't think I can make informed choice based on CC video and or face value ship data alone.

 

I know someone doesn't care to understand game mechanics and like to craptalk other people, you can laugh at me. But you will find out how limited it gets with just single reset and how different modules behave in the future. Don't cry after the facts.

Again, there has never been a time that I can recall when a skill reset was limited to a single reset per captain.  And I've been playing non-stop since Open Beta.  No, what happens is that they set the cost of the resets to zero, and have that 100% discount run for a weekend or a full week or so.  And during that time, you can reset your captains over and over and over again to your heart's content.

Please stop spreading this misinformation, unless you can PROVE that you only get a single reset per captain, when WoWS has never done it that way in all the days I've been playing this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,154
[SBS]
Members
3,259 posts
2,408 battles
9 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Devs already said there will be free captain respecs in 0.8.0.

What I've seen WG staff say is CV captains will get respecs, and some other captains.  I assume captains with AA skills impacted by the change.  We'll see if they allow free respecs for all captains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
954
[WOLF1]
Members
3,812 posts
1,529 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Please stop spreading this misinformation, unless you can PROVE that you only get a single reset per captain, when WoWS has never done it that way in all the days I've been playing this game.

But no one reads threads where people are calm.  FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) makes for a lot more hits.  Notser, Flamu, and Fara know this...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,069 posts
1,119 battles
20 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The sample sizes on the PTS just aren't sufficient for the CV rework.

...only because WG is too cheap to properly fill the PTS...

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,278
[SALVO]
Members
18,400 posts
18,943 battles
12 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

What I've seen WG staff say is CV captains will get respecs, and some other captains.  I assume captains with AA skills impacted by the change.  We'll see if they allow free respecs for all captains.

From my experience, they usually just go for a universal captain respec because trying to target it would be much more difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,278
[SALVO]
Members
18,400 posts
18,943 battles
Just now, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

...only because WG is too cheap to properly fill the PTS...

No, because players like me just won't bother doing the PTS.  I refuse to  download another instance of the game to my computer, and then play on the PTS, wasting my game time in a way that does not advance any of my own grinds, missions, etc.  Frankly, they'd have to pay me a LOT to get me to do the PTS.  And I mean a LOT!!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,069 posts
1,119 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No, because players like me just won't bother doing the PTS.  I refuse to  download another instance of the game to my computer, and then play on the PTS, wasting my game time in a way that does not advance any of my own grinds, missions, etc.  Frankly, they'd have to pay me a LOT to get me to do the PTS.  And I mean a LOT!!!  

Meh. Data costs...either money or customer goodwill.

WG has made their choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,659 posts
3,254 battles
14 hours ago, Sunny_Lo said:

A single free reset in captain skill just wouldn't cut it. 

We will need unlimited reset to test many different setup in order to generate the data that dev said they need in live server.

Can't say I disagree with you.  Good suggestion.  @Pigeon_of_War  'Until the next Update' would be excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,659 posts
3,254 battles
13 hours ago, Westo454 said:

After reading and re-reading everything in the devlogs about 0.8.0 I haven't seen an official statement that WG...

Watch the truly excellent Waterline vids.  The devs clearly say that they expect to "adjust" things in the first few 0.8 updates.  They've already made several changes to Skills; they may make more.  Allowing free Redistributes would make it easier for both the players and the devs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

More concerned about those that have premium...

Why should they pay when its basically going back to beta.

I've mentioned this numerous time but so far, WoWs has ignored it, do they even care? Or have they noticed and taking that on board but just cannot be bothered letting me know its being addressed.

When 0.0.8. was delayed by a week, I was forced to buy premium for only a week... it COSTS more to do it that way, but, like hell if I'm going to pay to do a job!

If they delay it again, they can drop dead, I don't want to buy it a week at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,659 posts
3,254 battles
3 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

More concerned about those that have premium...

Why should they pay when its basically going back to beta.

Would you give up all XP and Credits earned during the period?  I wouldn't.  So I'll pay for Premium that buffs them.  It's only right.

 

My little brother's favorite phrase: "Me first!  Me first!  It's only right."  R.I.P. John.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
526
[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Would you give up all XP and Credits earned during the period?  I wouldn't.  So I'll pay for Premium that buffs them.  It's only right.

 

My little brother's favorite phrase: "Me first!  Me first!  It's only right."  R.I.P. John.

 

Well, what happens if CV's are so OP that no one earns a thing???? What you say is fine, anyone that plays on a day gets FREE premium... I'd get a day added to my total.. THAT is fair.

THAT way, we can ALL be paid for doing a job, a job some like me don;t want to do as I'm anti what they are doing with the CV's and AA.

Got that...

ANTI!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,513
[WOLF9]
Members
7,659 posts
3,254 battles

Down wolfie.  Nice boy.  Behave yourself now.

It's gonna happen, so just lie back and enjoy it as best you can.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
135 posts
14 battles
2 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

More concerned about those that have premium...

Why should they pay when its basically going back to beta.

I've mentioned this numerous time but so far, WoWs has ignored it, do they even care? Or have they noticed and taking that on board but just cannot be bothered letting me know its being addressed.

When 0.0.8. was delayed by a week, I was forced to buy premium for only a week... it COSTS more to do it that way, but, like hell if I'm going to pay to do a job!

If they delay it again, they can drop dead, I don't want to buy it a week at a time.

Well then I suggest you just quit because you are ALWAYS basically being a beta tester. This is not a complete game, this will never be a complete game and you continuing to pay and play is being a live tester for any and all changes that are going to happen. This is just the first time since the OBT that they've been upfront with the entire player base being a massive test bed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×