You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kongo_Pride

Looking for a "Mediocre" volunteer to support an experiment

44 comments in this topic

[CUTER]
Members
778 posts
20,304 battles

Hello Fellow Shipmates,

I am looking for a "mediocre" captain to join me in an experiment with warships involving two players.  The requirements for this captain in assisting me are the following;

1.  Must have an overall win rate between 45 and 48 percent.

2.  Personal stats cannot be hidden.

3.  Must have at least 3,000 Player versus Player battles.

4.  Must be willing to share email information, and provide statistical performance/data/input for one ship in at least 30 battles on an excel document.

5.  Must have at least one 19 point commander and a ship Tier VII or higher with less than 25 battles played in PvP.

6.  Must be ok with personal play statistics and performance from experiment being shared on these forums for educational purposes and to help explore ways in which players really benefit from commanders on their ships.

7.  Must conduct all PvP battles solo and be prepared to record results/screenshots/etc.

8.  Prefer you have a mic and access to discord, but not required.

9.  Prefer you have a premium account for statistics data, but not required.

10.  Prefer your input goes beyond just sharing the data; in helping with feedback/analysis, but not required.  As always two collaborative heads are always better than one.

Please ping me back in this thread if you are interested in assisting me in gathering data, finding trends, and reporting on this back to the community regarding the general performance of assigned ship captains and their commander points impact on gameplay.  Please identify what tier VII or higher ship(s) you would be willing to play.  I will review the candidates who volunteer and select one.  First to volunteer who meets the criteria, goes to the top of the list.

Note:  If you volunteer, I cannot guarantee any rewards from your support other than the satisfaction of knowing that the information you provide could impact how people perceive their assigned commanders and commander skills and what benefits those skills have in games.

-Kongo

Edited by Kongo_Pride
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,195 battles
4 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

Hello Fellow Shipmates,

I am looking for a "mediocre" captain to join me in an experiment with warships involving two players.  The requirements for this captain in assisting me are the following;

1.  Must have an overall win rate between 45 and 48 percent.

2.  Personal stats cannot be hidden.

3.  Must have at least 3,000 Player versus Player battles.

4.  Must be willing to share email information, and provide statistical performance/data/input for one ship in at least 30 battles on an excel document.

5.  Must have at least one 19 point commander and a ship Tier VII or higher with less than 25 battles played in PvP.

6.  Must be ok with personal play statistics and performance from experiment being shared on these forums for educational purposes and to help explore ways in which players really benefit from commanders on their ships.

7.  Must conduct all PvP battles solo and be prepared to record results/screenshots/etc.

8.  Prefer you have a mic and access to discord, but not required.

9.  Prefer you have a premium account for statistics data, but not required.

10.  Prefer your input goes beyond just sharing the data; in helping with feedback/analysis, but not required.  As always two collaborative heads are always better than one.

Please ping me back in this thread if you are interested in assisting me in gathering data, finding trends, and reporting on this back to the community regarding the general performance of assigned ship captains and their commander points impact on gameplay.  Please identify what tier VII or higher ship(s) you would be willing to play.  I will review the candidates who volunteer and select one.  First to volunteer who meets the criteria, goes to the top of the list.

Note:  If you volunteer, I cannot guarantee any rewards from your support other than the satisfaction of knowing that the information you provide could impact how people perceive their assigned commanders and commander skills and what benefits those skills have in games.

-Kongo

You forgot 

11. Must be willing to work for free

12. Must be willing to hand over personal data and information to a stranger

13. Must be stupid :)

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 8

[INR]
Members
671 posts
3,745 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_367 said:

You forgot 

11. Must be willing to work for free

12. Must be willing to hand over personal data and information to a stranger

13. Must be stupid :)

I agree. Also

14. Must be willing to put up with stat shaming.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[LEGIT]
Members
695 posts
7,062 battles

Simple solution for not Handing over email data. GET A NEW PRIVATE DISCORD ROOM.

[WOLFC]
Members
769 posts
7,365 battles
14 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

First to volunteer who meets the criteria, goes to the top of the list.

Would that be top of the list of one?

[ONAVY]
Members
983 posts
7,215 battles

WoW...not world of warships but WOW....data from this game is not top secret neither is a hotmail acct lol....I already volunteered for ya in another thread I am poised pretty quickly to get the tier 8 IJN BB or the Tier 8 French Cruiser....let me know.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,243 posts
4,197 battles

While it's the internets and nothing should be taken for granted, Kongo's thread track record shows he/she is just interested in game knowledge, nothing malicious of the sort.

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Supertester
20,092 posts
13,558 battles

zrGAfvu.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CUTER]
Members
778 posts
20,304 battles
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

While it's the internets and nothing should be taken for granted, Kongo's thread track record shows he/she is just interested in game knowledge, nothing malicious of the sort.

spot on mate :)

3 minutes ago, Lert said:

zrGAfvu.jpg

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Poisonous_Lily said:

Simple solution for not Handing over email data. GET A NEW PRIVATE DISCORD ROOM.

Good point, a discord drop is just as effective.

[WOLF1]
Members
153 posts
36,138 battles

Interesting idea. I can satisfy most, but not all of your requirements ( especially the "mediocre player" part ). I have no problem with sharing information, although the guys who get stuck with having me on a random team might not be too happy. If you think we can work something out, send me a pm here. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck with your experiment.  

[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,195 battles
19 hours ago, C_D said:

WoW...not world of warships but WOW....data from this game is not top secret neither is a hotmail acct lol....I already volunteered for ya in another thread I am poised pretty quickly to get the tier 8 IJN BB or the Tier 8 French Cruiser....let me know.

Prince from Nigeria has no access to Wows and 3rd party statistical data … 

and requires an American to transfer his enormous wealth of information back to him :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
630 posts
7,259 battles

I would do that.  I am not there overall, but would be willing in USN CA's, which would quickly put my overall in that range. I have a 19 pt us captain. 

[XBRTC]
Members
2,323 posts
8,256 battles

I’ve got over 2000 games worth of MXStat export available if you want, and I think I fit most of your criteria. There is some division play in there, but it would be easy to filter  out.

re: t7+ ships, I think I have all of them except KM & IJN cruisers and the carriers. I do have PE and the ARP ships though.

Edited by LT_Rusty_SWO

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,044 battles

I have the contact info of someone who would be very interested.  Turns out he is some sort of royalty in Nigeria, but is running into some problems with banks.

• Funny 1

[CUTER]
Members
778 posts
20,304 battles
2 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

I have the contact info of someone who would be very interested.  Turns out he is some sort of royalty in Nigeria, but is running into some problems with banks.

Thats very useful. Might want to pass your information to the FBI, they actually monitor that scam.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,195 battles
15 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

What's the purpose of the experiment?

It's amazing how many volunteers he got …

And, nobody before you ever asked that question :)

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,362 posts
9,988 battles

well the good news I am better than mediocre!!!!...good luck your your stat hunt.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,056 posts
8,260 battles
31 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Serious inquiries probably asked thru PM.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,882 posts

What are the goals?

Must the ship selected have the same win rate?

For example, my Conquer has 2 pvp matches with 100% win rate?

My Gearing has under 10 PVP matches, but 50+ Clan Wars matches....

You list requirements,  but no stated goals or objectives for study.

If you want I can yolo in my Gearing and tank my stats....

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,808 posts
12,157 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_367 said:

I'd have volunteered but I don't meet the requirements.

[HEROS]
Members
1,788 posts
5,675 battles

i'm volunteering.

in addition to the listed requirements:

16. proud of my stinking awful stats

17. just installed a new video card, and have not got it all sorted out yet, am currently serving a 7 battle TK penalty for game freezing

18. will be happy to share email info, social security #, and passwords without remorse

19. was one of the original test tube babies, I am an experiment, it's in my blood

20. am part potato, fear the famine.