You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

I just click with the Chapayev

11 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
567 posts
1,600 battles

I don't know why, but this ship just clicks with me for some reason. Ship is very fun to play and nothing puts a smile on my face then kitting BBs and other large ships from range with IFHE fire while they miss most of their shots. Have only played 16 games in her, but i have only lost 2 out of 16. Pretty good so far. Think i might keep her once i get to DM.

[GODS]
Members
281 posts
9,831 battles
1 minute ago, Legio_X_ said:

I don't know why, but this ship just clicks with me for some reason. Ship is very fun to play and nothing puts a smile on my face then kitting BBs and other large ships from range with IFHE fire while they miss most of their shots. Have only played 16 games in her, but i have only lost 2 out of 16. Pretty good so far. Think i might keep her once i get to DM.

all ships have a certain style of play.  If you like it then go with it.  I will say just keep in mind the Moskva at 10 is pretty different than the 8 or 9.  But russian boats have those laser guns with low arcs and decent range once upgraded.  But try everything eventually.  It won't be the only ship you like

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,059 posts
14,787 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Nice:cap_rambo:

24 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I'm glad it works for you, I'm one of a very few who detested Chapayev.

I'm with you krimzon it didn't click for me either :Smile_hiding:

I should go back and play it it's been awhile you never now I'm a different player nowadays 

[KSE]
Members
7,729 posts
8,067 battles
26 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

I should go back and play it it's been awhile you never now I'm a different player nowadays 

insert triggered gif here

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,361 posts
9,988 battles

Wanted to love the Chappy, but for some reason it was one of my worst Russian CAs....

[TAW]
[TAW]
Members
22 posts
4,659 battles
On 1/18/2019 at 6:40 PM, Legio_X_ said:

Chapaev is a fun ship. I really enjoyed it when i fully upgraded it. 72 battles so far and still going. The IFHE was the significant positive impact as i was able to pen battleships armor. Of course most times i end up getting citadelled for pretty much half HP but it is expected. The radar was also the godsend bonus as i was able to wreck DDs and cruisers in smoke.

If you like the Chapaev, probably the next ship, Dimitri Donskoi would also click you on as well, some improvements from Chapaev but still plays the same. So far i have 38 battles in Donskoi and it hasn't let me down. Just stay long range and bring brimstone and fire on the Battleships.

Members
57 posts
4,258 battles

Just began my turn on Chappy which coincided with the intro of the CV rework.  Not a happy time!  Experienced a long stream of tier 10 matches and multiple torturous games against IJN Uber CV. So I am “in the hole” when it comes to WR, but I enjoy all the VMF boats and with a bit of work I’ll dig out of the deficit.  I must remember to keep my head on a swivel and expect deletion from any direction at any time as the player base considers nothing more than an easy kill.  

[ARGSY]
Members
1,711 posts
10,046 battles
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, Legio_X_ said:

YESSSSSSS

Chapayev is just the best. Shchshchors was awesome, too, but the Chap is just....better. It seems to do everything a cruiser ought to do really well.

Man, I'm gonna Chap it up tonight! Thanks!