You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

PSA last chance for Santa boxes before Email was wrong, boxes gone!

82 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles

FYI, Monday, January 28th 21st at 6:20am EST (3:20am PST) the Santa boxes will be removed from the store. Since this was before the update, 8.0 being delayed will almost certainly not change this. So if you wanted to get some more Santa Boxes, this weekend is your last chance.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/premium-shop-december-2018/#santa-gifts

Edit: Email today

juIRZIx.jpg

EDIT: This email was wrong and apparently the Santa boxes were never extended.

Edited by Kizarvexis
Phone wasn't so stupid, it autocorrected to Jan 27th and that will be the last full day
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,393 battles

@Kizarvexis Thanks for the info but since I am out of funds until Feb 3 my Santa buying is expired already. Unless of course any one out there cares to send any Santa boxes my way!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
1 post
2,055 battles

I got an email from WG this morning that stated:

"Ol' Saint Nick is sticking around for a little longer for the New Year, but he's leaving town on Jan. 28! Get your gifts while you can!"

Anyone else?

eta 21st or 28th?

Edited by secondaryspall
  • Cool 1

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
214 posts

I bought around $125 CAD on box's this year and sadly I got zero ships got a ton of camos that ill never use though...I hate to say it but I dont think ill be buying any box's this Christmas for once.

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
27 minutes ago, secondaryspall said:

I got an email from WG this morning that stated:

"Ol' Saint Nick is sticking around for a little longer for the New Year, but he's leaving town on Jan. 28! Get your gifts while you can!"

Anyone else?

eta 21st or 28th?

When I got home, I checked my emails and hiding in promotions was one from WG. Looks like Santa boxes are extended to Jan 28th.

juIRZIx.jpg

[-GDP-]
2,581 posts
1,064 battles

Pretty much got all of the ships that’s OP in the list like the Belfast so that’s it for me.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
4 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Pretty much got all of the ships that’s OP in the list like the Belfast so that’s it for me.

Same here, so I'm not getting any more as I have every ship in those boxes. But for those that wanted to get a last set, 10 days left.

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
Just now, Yoshiblue said:

Time to bump the secret santa thread. 

:Smile_honoring:

[_RNG_]
Members
55 posts
3,072 battles

Decided to get one last pack of Santa crates. Something or someone smiled upon me as it dropped a Krondshtadt and a Missouri.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
25 minutes ago, UEG_PATRIOT said:

Decided to get one last pack of Santa crates. Something or someone smiled upon me as it dropped a Krondshtadt and a Missouri.

Shiny!

[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,184 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Same here, so I'm not getting any more as I have every ship in those boxes. But for those that wanted to get a last set, 10 days left.

If they open up the ship pool to include JB, steel or rarer ships, sure I'll bite … 

Otherwise, it's time for a clearance sale

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

Members
612 posts
3,335 battles

Should be called a public disservice announcement. Boxes this year were just a greed grab. Don't buy any.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
37 minutes ago, ksix said:

Should be called a public disservice announcement. Boxes this year were just a greed grab. Don't buy any.

Some were happy and some were not. This is just a reminder for those who are interested. If you don't want Santa boxes, move along. Move along.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[-GDP-]
2,581 posts
1,064 battles

For those who want tier 9 ships this is the only way to get them before 0.8.0. But they have to be loaded with cash. 

[PVE]
Members
12,447 posts
8,478 battles
12 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

For those who want tier 9 ships this is the only way to get them before 0.8.0. But they have to be loaded with cash. 

You can still get Kronshtadt for FXP and Musashi for coal or FXP until update 8.0 drops. Update 8.0 is scheduled for Jan 30th. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
98 posts
6,390 battles

Santa and RNGesus were very good to me, I have all the discontinued ships in my Port now.  :cap_like:

Members
2,836 posts
3,085 battles

I haven't bought any more since the initial wave but I scared lady luck away. I don't see myself getting any more ships from these crates, heh. 

[MUG-T]
Members
34 posts
1,019 battles

Nah i wont be getting paid again in time, but i did get Krasny Krym, Molotov, Ashitaka, Neuve de Julio and Duke of York from 40 Big crates, so id say i got my moneys worth, though not sure what i would do with some of them...

[XBRTC]
Members
2,316 posts
8,244 battles
7 hours ago, DemonW0lf said:

I bought around $125 CAD on box's this year and sadly I got zero ships got a ton of camos that ill never use though...I hate to say it but I dont think ill be buying any box's this Christmas for once.

Jesus. I got like 4 ships out of my first set of boxes, and the last batch gave me the final three ships on the list that I didn't have.

[-GDP-]
2,581 posts
1,064 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can still get Kronshtadt for FXP and Musashi for coal or FXP until update 8.0 drops. Update 8.0 is scheduled for Jan 30th. 

That’s still actually a coal and free xp  wall.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
446 posts
11,192 battles

I got every destroyer which is awesome since I'm terrible at destroyers; the Gremlin is a menace at Tier 5 however even for someone like me. The only ship I really wanted was the Kutuzov and naturally I didn't get it. Regardless, I received a lot of ships so have no complaints. Doubtful I will buy any more Santa crates though. 

[IHW]
214 posts
5 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Jesus. I got like 4 ships out of my first set of boxes, and the last batch gave me the final three ships on the list that I didn't have.

well i figure its because I have most of the premium ships so my luck just isnt there anymore lol

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
334 posts
8,378 battles

The odds for getting ships this year seem much more conservative... They already bled me enough.