You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crickethunter_brown

level 11 and 12 and 13

23 comments in this topic

Members
130 posts
2,772 battles

hay wg can can you make some new lvl's like 11 and 12 and 13 so I can start using my lvl 8's again please the lvl 9's and 10's will not play so much and the lvl 8's will be able to play with other lvl 8's.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[NMKJT]
Members
3,443 posts

WoT MM used to go to level 12, so there were games with only t10s or a mix of 9 and 10.

They did away with that and lost 20% of their players worldwide. 

It's a cautionary tale

• Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,195 battles
6 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

hay wg can can you make some new lvl's like 11 and 12 and 13 so I can start using my lvl 8's again please the lvl 9's and 10's will not play so much and the lvl 8's will be able to play with other lvl 8's.

13 would be unlucky … sailors are superstitious that way 

[TBW]
Members
6,968 posts
12,900 battles
18 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

I kinda like 13, 13 ladders to walk under, 13 mirrors 

13 stripes on the flag.

They don't mention the number thirteen, in any of the 13 sailor superstitions.

https://www.boaterexam.com/blog/2011/07/boater-superstitions.aspx

[NSEW]
Members
716 posts
9,057 battles
52 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

:Smile_teethhappy: hilarious! 

WG will inflict same thing when the tiers do get extended. Someone will post "can we have 14, 15, 16". *smilyfacelol*

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles
23 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

:Smile_teethhappy: hilarious! 

WG will inflict same thing when the tiers do get extended. Someone will post "can we have 14, 15, 16". *smilyfacelol*

Early Talos and Terrier missile cruiser players at Tier 11 will come here to spill salt because the Tier 14 battle they fail-divved into was full of Aegis cruisers that shot down all their missiles. All the millions of XP and billions of credits they used to unlock their Baltimore D hulls, wasted.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[1STBG]
Members
1,159 posts
4,904 battles

Who would play it? When I play my T10s I like to have some downtier fodder. The queues would be incredibly long for a T10- only game. 

[LEGIT]
Members
695 posts
7,062 battles

Tier Xlll soviet cruiser be like...

cn6lc0emkx8g56hkyt9d.jpg

Kirov class Battlecruiser 

Edited by Poisonous_Lily

[-BRS-]
Members
1,056 posts
8,260 battles
3 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Only if I get exclusive rights to pilot this thing.

N2xuQN8.jpg

wth? Would have been overpowered under the old system with it's 15 squadrons.

With the rework, you still only get one squadron and detection is 26km.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,611 posts
2,463 battles

For those unsure, Tier XI and Tier XII battles don't mean more tiers of ships.  They simply are a means in a +/-2 matchmaker to limit the tiers at the top.  A Tier XI match would have only Tier IX and X ships and a Tier XII match would have only Tier X ships.  In the first case Tier IX being 2 tiers below Tier XI and the second Tier X being 2 below XII.

As to match maker times, I don't think they would be that affected during prime time, but it might be something that would only be active during prime time and then once the server population drops below a certain number it reverts to current match making.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
270 posts
6,083 battles
22 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

For those unsure, Tier XI and Tier XII battles don't mean more tiers of ships.  They simply are a means in a +/-2 matchmaker to limit the tiers at the top.  A Tier XI match would have only Tier IX and X ships and a Tier XII match would have only Tier X ships.  In the first case Tier IX being 2 tiers below Tier XI and the second Tier X being 2 below XII.

As to match maker times, I don't think they would be that affected during prime time, but it might be something that would only be active during prime time and then once the server population drops below a certain number it reverts to current match making.

ahh, this I can get behind for sure. Makes sense to have dummy tiers for MM to deal with as well. It sounds like it'll be the most cost effective and easy to implement for WG...while not touching anything else. 
+1 for explanation.

[-TD-]
Members
374 posts
3 hours ago, Poisonous_Lily said:

Tier Xlll soviet cruiser be like...

cn6lc0emkx8g56hkyt9d.jpg

Kirov class Battlecruiser 

Xll could be the Slava????

[H_]
Members
1,241 posts
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Early Talos and Terrier missile cruiser players at Tier 11 will come here to spill salt because the Tier 14 battle they fail-divved into was full of Aegis cruisers that shot down all their missiles. All the millions of XP and billions of credits they used to unlock their Baltimore D hulls, wasted.

And I can't wait !!!  SLARMs will take care of the radar scourge.  We'll be able to fight OTH.  We'll need era's though.  Can't use a Washington Treaty ship at tiers 12-15 ( Slow missiles, Faster and smarter missiles and wire guided  torps, Faster and longer range missiles, CIWS and LR torps and finally, smart missiles, CIWS, Towed arrays and torps).....  Can't freaking wait !!!  Harpoon light we can call WoWs....

[KRAK]
Members
2,016 posts
14,734 battles
7 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

I never see more than 1 or two T8 in any T10 match and T10 is the only tier I play. I think you are whining for no reason.

[STR4T]
Members
126 posts
978 battles
3 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

and T10 is the only tier I play

I think this is why you have no problem with the current matchmaking system at tier VIII

[KRAK]
Members
2,016 posts
14,734 battles
36 minutes ago, Gnomestroy said:

I think this is why you have no problem with the current matchmaking system at tier VIII

I played thru the current and the older +/- 3 MM  9 times and I had no issues. So yes, I have NP with the MM as it stands.

Members
612 posts
3,335 battles
8 hours ago, Wombatmetal said:

WoT MM used to go to level 12, so there were games with only t10s or a mix of 9 and 10.

They did away with that and lost 20% of their players worldwide. 

It's a cautionary tale

You have no idea what you're talking about. Years back WoT MM actually use to be +/- 3 tiers which was awful. The MM battle tiers scaling included tier 12 for both games which simply allows the MM to do an all tier 10 game. Battle tier 10 would be tier 8-10, battle tier 11 is tier 9-10, and battle tier 12 is tier 10. They did not "do away with it". What they did do was change over to a system where the battle tiers also take into consideration a given classes "weight". All tier 10 is certainly still a possibility though.

That said heres 2 additional points.

This game is far from tanks. There is no "lol your armor doesn't matter I spam premium ammo" [edited] going on and for the most part, damage, armor, and weapon scaling is a very smooth transition while in tanks you're at a clear disadvantage. A tier 8 DD or BB can easily pull down top team scores and carry the game here (cruisers are harder).

And people whining about tier 10 would have no problem smashing tier 6-7 which is pretty hypocritical.

Speaking for myself where BBs are concerned i'd happily opt into only tier 10 battles if I could. Not only do I do just fine and enjoy a higher challenge, it also means more XP for me.

Edited by ksix

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,138 posts
4,361 battles
6 minutes ago, ksix said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. WoT MM actually use to be +/- 3 tiers. The MM battle tiers scaling includes tier 12 for both games which simply allows the MM to do an all tier 10 game. Battle tier 10 would be tier 8-10, battle tier 11 is tier 9-10, and battle tier 12 is tier 10. 

It's true, and they also implemented fixed ratios of low/mid/high tier combatants in each match so that you wouldn't run into, say, 10 tier 10s and 5 tier 8s with no tier 9s on each side. Honestly it was a pretty darn good idea and I have no idea why it hasn't been implemented in Warships. They also made it so you can only division with vehicles of the same tier which... Yeah why don't we have that again?

Also, MM used to fill in with vehicles from ANY AND ALL tiers if it couldn't find enough players waaaaaay back in the beginning. You'd have tier 5 KVs fighting tier 10 Mauses (Mais?). It was horrifying.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,443 posts
34 minutes ago, ksix said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Years back WoT MM actually use to be +/- 3 tiers which was awful. The MM battle tiers scaling included tier 12 for both games which simply allows the MM to do an all tier 10 game. Battle tier 10 would be tier 8-10, battle tier 11 is tier 9-10, and battle tier 12 is tier 10. They did not "do away with it". What they did do was change over to a system where the battle tiers also take into consideration a given classes "weight". All tier 10 is certainly still a possibility though.

That said heres 2 additional points.

This game is far from tanks. There is no "lol your armor doesn't matter I spam premium ammo" [edited] going on and for the most part, damage, armor, and weapon scaling is a very smooth transition while in tanks you're at a clear disadvantage. A tier 8 DD or BB can easily pull down top team scores and carry the game here (cruisers are harder).

And people whining about tier 10 would have no problem smashing tier 6-7 which is pretty hypocritical.

Speaking for myself where BBs are concerned i'd happily opt into only tier 10 battles if I could. Not only do I do just fine and enjoy a higher challenge, it also means more XP for me.

You completely mis-characterize what I said.

They eliminated battle tiers from MM; they don't exist at all. They have been replaced by a template system towards the end of 2017. The order in which the templates are filled or a Tier 8 are:

1: 3 T10/5 T9/7 T8 @ Tier 10

2: 3 T9/5 T8/7 T7 @ Tier 9

3: 7 T9/8 T8 @ Tier 9

4: 3 T8/5 T7/7 T6 @ Tier 8

5: 7 T8/8 T7 @ Tier 8

6: 15 T8 @ Tier 8

The only time you get an all Tier 10 battle is if there are not enough Tier 9s or 8s to make a team; and getting a same tier battle at Tier 8 is way down the list. 

The point I made was after implementing this template system 15 months ago 20% of the players worldwide left the game. There are nights when there are more players on NA ships than tanks. Tanks is dying because of the MM. 

They implemented a mode they are bringing back, Frontlines. It was T8 only and wildly popular. People played all sorts of T8s you rarely saw in randoms because  they only get T10 games. People loved it. People didn't want to beat up on 6 and 7; they don't like being XP pinatas for Tier 10 every game.

Players complain about passivity a lot. Well, that's what you learn when you are bottom tier 70% of the time. Then it's muscle memory.

and yes I remember KV2s seeing IS4s. That's just a deflection on your part.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,138 posts
4,361 battles

Okay I'm usually not "that guy" that jumps to stuff like "git gud" and tells people to stop complaining, but I cannot for the life of me understand how being in a match with three enemy tier 10s is so terrible and game-ruining. Oh no, couple people on the enemy team have better ships/tanks than you, all is lost, whatever will you do, blah blah blah. It's the same crap that people pull out when they whine about wanting +/-1 MM, someone else has a better toy than me on the enemy team, and I shouldn't be expected to compete against that. Well guess what? You have higher tier players ON YOUR SIDE! Maybe you should try *gasp* working as a team and supporting each other so that either lower tier players can gang up on and overpower the OUTNUMBERED higher tier players, or keep your own high tier players from getting overwhelmed while they do the heavy lifting! What a novel idea!

People complaining about the fixed-ratio MM system, those 20% of players that left because of this change? They don't seem to get what was wrong with MM before that lead to this change. To them the mere presence of something bigger than them in a match is unacceptable, they should be able to be top dog every match and seal club all day long because they EARNED that high tier ship/tank dammit! Well guess what? If someone's on top that means somebody else is on the bottom, and I hate to break it to y'all, but tier 8 is not, nor has it ever been, nor was it ever INTENDED TO BE top dog. And besides, if you play SMART tier 10s are totally beatable when countered by tier 8s. You won't be able to take down an E 100 with a Tiger II solo every match, but hey, maybe that's why you outnumber them. The problem wasn't low tier tanks encountering high tier ones at all, it was low tier tanks being consistently outnumbered by them and overwhelmed. So they fixed that, and what does the player-base do? Kvetch and whine and moan that they "didn't go far enough". BOO. FRIGGIN. HOO.

This is a competitive PvP game. If you want to advance you need to improve. It's not MM's fault that you don't know when you're outgunned, or that you sat behind a rock while your ally took damage so you could try for a kill steal instead of pushing with them and actually having a chance, or that your team decided filing into the sight-line of something that can outright delete people one at a time was a good idea. That was all a player's fault. So own up, learn weak-spots and counters, and support your gorram team.

• Cool 1