Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

Is this game no longer worth playing Solo?

119 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

299
[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,232 posts
5,243 battles

Right now I am running a 100% loss rate while solo in the last 2 days. 
Also in those very same games, I am running a 100% top 3, and 90% top 2. 

I seriously don't know what to do. 

 

There seems to be a new playerbase for this game, and their playstyle seems to mostly be the same. Yolo in, and yell at the team for not supporting them, and run off to the next game to rinse and repeat. 

Record low w/r that I never thought were possible are coming up more and more. I am still stumped how a player can have a 35% w/r overall, and a 16% w/r in a t10 CV. 

 

 

What, if anything, can be done to fix this?

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,300
Members
20,839 posts
5,617 battles

I dunno, I play nothing but solo, no issues here.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,609
[KSE]
Members
7,741 posts
8,075 battles

I've all but given up playing solo past T4. It's at the point where easy scenarios can't be 5 starred with consistency without a division. It's absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,240
Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I dunno, I play nothing but solo, no issues here.

Same here. And I do pretty well at that. Sure I get losing streaks, who doesn't? But I get winning streaks too. They even each other out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
936 posts
2,399 battles

You have been having my luck had so few non blowout loss games the last few days. The only consolation is the credits have been really good.

Edited by Krupp_Sabot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
632
[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,063 posts
14,816 battles

I'm having a 90% win day solo, it goes both ways

Edited by silverdahc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,692 posts
9,373 battles

I would say don't play solo on weekends is what I have been seeing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
614
[WOLF4]
Members
1,320 posts
2,856 battles

I play solo all the time due to time constrictions. It can be a mixed bag. If i lose a few in a row i take a break and come back later. Makes it easier to not go on tilt.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
323 posts

Step back for a day or two.  It happens and there's nothing you can do about it. Randoms are just that .... randoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,411 posts
13,962 battles
9 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

Right now I am running a 100% loss rate while solo in the last 2 days. 
Also in those very same games, I am running a 100% top 3, and 90% top 2. 

I seriously don't know what to do. 

 

There seems to be a new playerbase for this game, and their playstyle seems to mostly be the same. Yolo in, and yell at the team for not supporting them, and run off to the next game to rinse and repeat. 

Record low w/r that I never thought were possible are coming up more and more. I am still stumped how a player can have a 35% w/r overall, and a 16% w/r in a t10 CV. 

 

 

What, if anything, can be done to fix this?

I am so glad you posted this, for whatever reason, earlier today a player from the clan Kraken posted something.... I looked up his clan and looked at a random player within the clan. As we all know, they are all very good players and highly respected. This player has had 60 games in the last whatever timeframe....

his last 29 games solo he was 44% and red in every category, his 31 division games he was near 90% and his averages for that period showed as Unicum. Granted he is a Unicum player..... but for a player of his caliber to go 44% for 29 games can show how crazy solo MM and games can be.

take a look at my stats.. then my div stats... I rarely play in a div and when I do, its with the same friend...I'm super unicum, at least wr wise. No one in this game will call me that, yet my wr stats show that I am....(recent games)

My point being... try to division up with a friend if possible (with decent skill) your results will skyrocket.

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
357
[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,362 posts
10,013 battles

I am in a clan and play solo 95% of the time...I prefer not having to wait if I die early or making others wait...I don't like wearing headphone for long periods of time...big ears!  I have a weird time zone so bit harder to stay up with the clannies.

I have a 51 % win rate and that is fine with me...my win rate in division is better but the trade off is sore ears!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,364
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,295 posts
10,477 battles

Man I play 99% solo so I hope so. So far so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,742
[RLGN]
Members
9,454 posts
18,874 battles
25 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I dunno, I play nothing but solo, no issues here.

Same.

15 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I play solo all the time due to time constrictions.

Same as well.

Usually (but not always l,) play Co-op at night, (second shift; I want to relax before going to bed, not stress out,) and save Randoms for during the day before work or the weekends.

Streaks come and go; don’t worry too much OP.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
545
[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,255 battles
11 minutes ago, Abides said:

I am so glad you posted this, for whatever reason, earlier today a player from the clan Kraken posted something.... I looked up his clan and looked at a random player within the clan. As we all know, they are all very good players and highly respected. This player has had 60 games in the last whatever timeframe....

his last 29 games solo he was 44% and red in every category, his 31 division games he was near 90% and his averages for that period showed as Unicum. Granted he is a Unicum player..... but for a player of his caliber to go 44% for 29 games can show how crazy solo MM and games can be.

take a look at my stats.. then my div stats... I rarely play in a div and when I do, its with the same friend...I'm super unicum, at least wr wise. No one in this game will call me that, yet my wr stats show that I am....(recent games)

My point being... try to division up with a friend if possible (with decent skill) your results will skyrocket.

 

This is interesting and similar posts kind of confirm what we all know - strength in numbers and group with equal or better players = more wins

8 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

I am in a clan and play solo 95% of the time...I prefer not having to wait if I die early or making others wait...I don't like wearing headphone for long periods of time...big ears!  I have a weird time zone so bit harder to stay up with the clannies.

I have a 51 % win rate and that is fine with me...my win rate in division is better but the trade off is sore ears!  :)

I think we all know it's easier to be carried, but I also solo play … easier and more fun imo

Plus, I can yolo all day long - Woof :)

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,411 posts
13,962 battles
36 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

What, if anything, can be done to fix this?

Most of my games I play solo, drink beer and listen to MC Hammer & Tone Loc Pandora radio...sprinkle in some Salt & Peppa.. Some Rob Base....and push it real good... or Phish or Panic, Umphries or Moe...

There is value to maximizing the fun you have even if it takes away from WR and stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
456
[TOG]
Members
3,031 posts
16,305 battles

Take a one day break. Break out your comfort ship. We have stalls from time to tome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
545
[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,255 battles
26 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Take a one day break. Break out your comfort ship. We have stalls from time to tome.

Comfort ship - I like that :)

This reminds me … I mistakenly used to train and grind new ships/lines in randoms from stock … 

Use Co-op to get comfortable with new ships/lines until they're properly fit with some good captain skills

I figured this out about 3 months ago lol

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,816
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,524 posts
10,217 battles

I think the game is as viable for solo play as it ever was. What I see is a rather good player having a bad streak, don't let it get to you, take a break - a day, a week, whatever - or play co-op for the low pressure play style.

6 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Take a one day break. Break out your comfort ship. We have stalls from time to tome.

I would have said happy ship but comfort works too. Pull out a lower tier keeper ship you just love playing just to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,206 battles

when i play solo...i could care less of a win or loss...although a win would get more exp, free exp and credit,  but lately i'm still getting a good amount of credits and exp when there is a loss. 

However for the same amount of time i would play one random match, i could play 3 coop matches and get, roughly, the same or more credits and exp i would get in that one random match.  

i don't really understand whats the big deal with Win or Loss rating....:Smile_amazed: why are people so concerned with it.  it think that PR ratings are more important than win/loss ratings.  why is no one talking about PR???:Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
545
[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,255 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Pull out a lower tier keeper ship you just love playing just to play.

AKA seal clubbing … 

Should he reroll before or after?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I can empathize with the OP. Over the last few weeks I have been trying to play better, but I noticed that as I am doing better, my teams, for the most part are doing worse. I am guessing its just the ups and downs, but still pretty frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,300
Members
20,839 posts
5,617 battles
9 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

This reminds me … I mistakenly used to train and grind new ships/lines in randoms from stock … 

IMO, stock ships aren't as painful as they used to be.

If I don't have the FXP available for upgrades, I just flag/camo up, and play on. Takes almost no time to earn enough XP, ever since they started handing out bonus items like gifts on Oprah around Xmas...

TBH, since I've started grinding stock ships, I've found that, for the most part, I have no real difficulty for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×