Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lord_Krobekishnuv

Automatic Chat Bans

6 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

20
[USA01]
Members
48 posts
2,404 battles

So I've just encountered being chat banned by players who thought it'd be fun to heckle, and then chat ban me for a day because I brought up a topic I believed could help wows significantly, I made my points respectfully, and was open to hearing ideas of others. I used no hate speech, no profanity, nothing to offend other players, and yet I receive a chat ban. Please, remove this highly abusable system from the game, WarGaming, it does nothing to benefit and is just used by trolls, in my experience, to silence players they disagree with, they decide to heckle, or are salty at. 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
430
[O7]
Members
749 posts
13,616 battles

I am no angel but i have gotten chatbanned just about every time I play Midway 10 times in one day. Devstrike = chat report apparently, and with anywhere from 1 to 4 a game it is ridiculous. Take away my karma but don't take away my ability to communicate and help my team win. Just yesterday i got chatbanned while playing 8 midway battles, averaging over 200k and having my base XP record, looking at notifications I saw 9 compliments and 3 reports.

Edited by Kebobstuzov
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
Members
2,573 posts
3,556 battles
4 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

I am no angel but i have gotten chatbanned just about every time I play Midway 10 times in one day. Devstrike = chat report apparently, and with anywhere from 1 to 4 a game it is ridiculous. Take away my karma but don't take away my ability to communicate and help my team win. Just yesterday i got chatbanned while playing 8 midway battles, averaging over 200k and having my base XP record, looking at notifications I saw 9 compliments and 3 reports.

Skycancer lol

I assume it must be 3 separate "Misbehaving in chat" reports that trigger it then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
430
[O7]
Members
749 posts
13,616 battles
8 minutes ago, Harathan said:

Skycancer lol

I assume it must be 3 separate "Misbehaving in chat" reports that trigger it then?

No idea, its funny when I have an occasional 'outburst' I don't get chatbanned then 2 months later I get on a CV kick, get tons of compliments and karma but am chatbanned half that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
Members
2,573 posts
3,556 battles
6 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

No idea, its funny when I have an occasional 'outburst' I don't get chatbanned then 2 months later I get on a CV kick, get tons of compliments and karma but am chatbanned half that time.

I've never been chatbanned even when if I get heated *while* playing my CVs. Maybe it's something about T10 players.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,345 posts
597 battles
On 1/18/2019 at 9:57 PM, Lord_Krobekishnuv said:

So I've just encountered being chat banned by players who thought it'd be fun to heckle, and then chat ban me for a day because I brought up a topic I believed could help wows significantly, I made my points respectfully, and was open to hearing ideas of others. I used no hate speech, no profanity, nothing to offend other players, and yet I receive a chat ban. Please, remove this highly abusable system from the game, WarGaming, it does nothing to benefit and is just used by trolls, in my experience, to silence players they disagree with, they decide to heckle, or are salty at. 

I'm sorry to say that, but it's not about the system.
You had some bans before and you still have rare violations in the chat. I see, please go even more kind with your teammates. And there will be no reason for such topics.

The system is not so easy to abuse as were written (of course if there is no any violative behaviour in the chat). We have a small number of tickets where players are banned incorrectly. Such bans are deleted with excuses from the support. We are really sorry for such situations. The very first thing is to submit a ticket and ask support for help. 

But if you try to delete current ban the answer would be negative. You may submit a ticket and see all (the ammount is small, but still you have some) your violative logs there. 
It also means that the system still works correctly most of the time. I've seen only one topic this year where the ban wasn't well deserved.  

Locked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×