You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
fbifiles

Content Concepts (i.e. fan content take two)

So what do you guys think (please read post before voting)  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. So what do you guys think should I share or not

• Yes share your ideas with us
    • No keep your ideas to yourself

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2019 at 05:00 AM

25 comments in this topic

[NWNB]
Members
27 posts
2,606 battles

So, to just get this out of the way. You may be wondering why I'm doing this again and there's a simple answer. Whereas my last post failed miserably it also didn't get my point across. Thanks to MannyD_of _the_Sea for pointing out to me where I went wrong. Basically, I said "I have ideas for game content" then I didn't tell you what those ideas were. I plan on fixing that in this post. First off I still think my last post stated my intentions well but it didn't elaborate on my concepts that's why I've copied it here. It will also help explain things like the extensive use of battleships in this post here it is.

So, I've been a big fan of this game for a long time as I imagine all of you have been as well. Anyway, over the last five to six months I have been going through things like Wiki and various books to try to find ideas for content. I was planning on posting them in General Game Discussion before moving on to the Suggestion Forums, however, I thought just posting them is what a lot of people do and that tons of content ideas thrown in your face can be boring and very irritating. So I want to ask you guys if you want to see them and what you think. Now to make it clear A). I like playing battleships the most and as a consequence of that most of the content ideas I have center around battleships, however, I try to find anything on any ship type (not just battleships) that I think would be interesting to see in game. And B). I try to give any line I've come up with its own role or twist because why have two lines that play exactly the same it just doesn't make any sense to me anyway. I do plan to do more posts with this format (i.e. with a poll) in the future. So please tell me what you think in the replies. Thank you for your time.

Now as for the ideas themselves, there are three main points of focus that I want to share:

A) New tech lines of ships (and later on new nations).

B) New classes or subclasses, i.e. light cruisers or battlecruisers.

C) More module choices when it comes to high tier ships, like the gun options on tier X battleships Conqueror and G Kurfurst.

Now, let me elaborate on each point separately.

A) When I refer to new lines I have a few in particular that I want to share with you. They are 1). A full (from tier III to X) alternate British battleship line focusing on AP shells but still having good stealth (not as good as Conqueror ~16 km stock at tier X), bad health and a mega heal. 2) A nearly full (from tier IV to X) U.S. battleship line focusing on slightly less health, armor, and raw firepower (i.e. damage and pen) and more on slightly better stealth (not brit BB levels ~17.5 km stock at tier X), maneuverability and gun soft stats (i.e. dispersion and sigma) compared to the current line. and 3). A split (from tier VI to X) Japanese battleship line focusing on better speed, slightly better (~17.8 stock at tier X) stealth at the cost of worse maneuverability and slightly worse health and armor again compared to the current line. Not all of the lines that I have come up with are about battleships. I'm currently working on an alternate U.S. DD line (ideally from tier II to X) and I'm always looking out for more line opportunities.
    B) When I refer to new classes or subclasses I'm not talking about adding a new class I'm talking about ships of that real life class in an in-game class i.e. light cruisers in the cruiser class. That leads me to the subject: Battlecruisers. We already have premium battlecruisers in-game but I'm talking about battlecruiser tech lines. The reason I didn't put this in the last section is that I don't have any lines fully put together. I have a British, German and U.S.battlecruiser line in the works. The British battlecruiser line (starting at tier III) is hammered out up to tier VIII (tier IX and X are conflicting with the above-mentioned Brit battleship line). The German battlecruiser line (also starting at tier III) goes up to tier IX I just need a good tier X and I might have one. Ironically enough it's the U.S. battlecruiser line that is closest to completion with a full tier III to X ship spread. I just don't have any historical precedent on the tier VII and VIII (I've seen side and above view schematics of them but that's it). I'm trying to put together a Japanese battlecruiser line I just don't have much to work with. Unfortunately, most of the ship designs I have to work with are in the battleship lines or are premiums
    C) When I refer to more module choices I'm mainly talking about new guns for tier X ships but I'm also considering hull choices for said ships. I already have guns for various ships such as Montana, G Kurfurst, Republique and I'm trying to find one for Yamato. These gun options are just that, options. The player can choose which to use with each having both advantages and disadvantages and even being capable of modifying that ships play style resulting in more ways to play your favorite ship and thus more diverse gameplay overall.

Now after that wall of text one thing I would like to say is I know each and every one of you is entitled to their own opinion. Some may like this some may not that's why I have the poll at the top but I do want to share these concepts with you. If you don't want to hear then that's fine again that's why I put the poll at the top. Thank you for your time.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles

Please stop calling ship types "classes".  Cruisers are not a class of ship.  They're a type of ship.

Now for a minor suggestion.  On the closing block of text above, I suggest adding a blank line between points A, B, and C.   It makes each of the "point" paragraphs easier to read.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,401 posts
13,944 battles

always share... but less is more... give the meat... and the thread will take on a many lives of its own...….I won't read that wall of text... its to much.

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
Just now, Abides said:

always share... but less is more... give the meat... and the thread will take on a many lives of its own...….I won't read that wall of text... its to much.

Less is more?  Like only using one 'o' instead of the two that are required to properly spell "too"?

• Boring 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,401 posts
13,944 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Less is more?  Like only using one 'o' instead of the two that are required to properly spell "too"?

really?

• Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
2 minutes ago, Abides said:

really?

Oh, I didn't really let loose.  There were a couple other whoppers in that post that I could have dinged.

And if you really knew me, you'd know that this is absolutely something I do .. often.  Don't blame me for your mistakes.  They're your mistakes, not mine.  Thus the fault is yours, and not mine.

• Boring 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,401 posts
13,944 battles
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Oh, I didn't really let loose.  There were a couple other whoppers in that post that I could have dinged.

And if you really knew me, you'd know that this is absolutely something I do .. often.  Don't blame me for your mistakes.  They're your mistakes, not mine.  Thus the fault is yours, and not mine.

No one is blaming you for my mistakes. In fact, I make so many, I wish I had someone like you 24/7 to point them out to me as soon as I make them so that they don't come back and bite me. But if you can get past your grammar lesson... could we get back to the OP's topics? Probably healthier for all.

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
127 posts
14,378 battles
21 hours ago, Crucis said:

Abides is correct.  The message is what is important.  The WoWS community is diverse in geography, culture, age, language, and education.  You are tilting at windmills to point out that 'que' is not a word and 'your' does not mean 'you are'.  Move on.

I used to communicate frequently to 20,000 college-educated fellow employees who would ignore someone who made spelling or grammar errors.  That was a hard audience.  Even if I clearly was using humor, I would be called out for making 'missteaks', LOL.

• Bad 2

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,401 posts
13,944 battles

thanks for the left handed compliment....its been awhile since I was with Merrill and Gartner... the simple reality is twofold, one, I purchased this GD mechanical keyboard and while it looks cool, literally half of the keys don't work.. I hit keys over and over and they don't respond... so frankly, I stopped trying at least as it relates to Wows forums. 2nd, I don't care....he would never correct me a second time in person... so let have him have it here.

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
57 minutes ago, Daffyd9x said:

Abides is correct.  The message is what is important.  The WoWS community is diverse in geography, culture, age, language, and education.  You are tilting at windmills to point out that 'que' is not a word and 'your' does not mean 'you are'.  Move on.

I used to communicate frequently to 20,000 college-educated fellow employees who would ignore someone who made spelling or grammar errors.  That was a hard audience.  Even if I clearly was using humor, I would be called out for making 'missteaks', LOL.

Life is a learning experience.  You can either learn from your mistakes or not.  But don't expect me to ignore them, because I won't.  I'll just treat people who make them and refuse to learn from them with the respect they deserve, which is very little.

• Boring 1

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
448 posts
5,082 battles

I didn't have a problem reading your wall, and I think it's cool that you've invested time and effort into your project. Sharing it with us scrubs seems like the normal thing to do, but as you've noticed, we're a hardened lot and some of us would rather pull your efforts down and say they aren't any good.

But, endeavor to persevere- share your ideas with people who can appreciate them, and be satisfied with your efforts.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,401 posts
13,944 battles
23 hours ago, Crucis said:

Life is a learning experience.  You can either learn from your mistakes or not.  But don't expect me to ignore them, because I won't.  I'll just treat people who make them and refuse to learn from them with the respect they deserve, which is very little.

How old are you?

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
1 minute ago, Abides said:

How old are you?

just about retirement age

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,401 posts
13,944 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

just about retirement age

Can I block your posts from this forum? I find it hard to tolerate a person than is on the downslope of life, and is still concerned about the most trivial things imaginable. If possible, please let me know how to do so.

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
2 minutes ago, Abides said:

Can I block your posts from this forum? I find it hard to tolerate a person than is on the downslope of life, and is still concerned about the most trivial things imaginable. If possible, please let me know how to do so.

So, you're a self-admitted bigot.  Oh joy.  And what you call "trivial things", I call "details".  And one thing I've learned in life is that details matter!!!

Edited by Crucis

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,401 posts
13,944 battles
21 minutes ago, Crucis said:

So, you're a self-admitted bigot.  Oh joy.  And what you call "trivial things", I call "details".  And one thing I've learned in life is that details matter!!!

You win buddy. I am a bigot... I hate myself and everything I stand for. Details matter, when they matter. Now that we are past that, can you help me block all of your posts from this forum? Or should I go elsewhere for help?

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
37 minutes ago, Abides said:

You win buddy. I am a bigot... I hate myself and everything I stand for. Details matter, when they matter. Now that we are past that, can you help me block all of your posts from this forum? Or should I go elsewhere for help?

Figure it out for yourself, bigot.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,401 posts
13,944 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Figure it out for yourself, bigot.

I think most that read this thread will side with you. I think the way you present yourself... most would approve....Do you think I could get into Salvo?

Edited by Abides

[NWNB]
Members
27 posts
2,606 battles
On 1/18/2019 at 2:51 PM, Crucis said:

Please stop calling ship types "classes".  Cruisers are not a class of ship.  They're a type of ship.

Now for a minor suggestion.  On the closing block of text above, I suggest adding a blank line between points A, B, and C.   It makes each of the "point" paragraphs easier to read.

Yeah, I considered using type instead of classes and I'll probably do that in the future. Also, thank you for your suggestion.

On 1/20/2019 at 12:55 PM, cavscout1739 said:

I didn't have a problem reading your wall, and I think it's cool that you've invested time and effort into your project. Sharing it with us scrubs seems like the normal thing to do, but as you've noticed, we're a hardened lot and some of us would rather pull your efforts down and say they aren't any good.

But, endeavor to persevere- share your ideas with people who can appreciate them, and be satisfied with your efforts.

Thank you for your support it's very much appreciated. On a side note that's the internet, I'd be very surprised if that didn't happen.

Beta Testers
1,442 posts
8,845 battles
On 1/20/2019 at 1:13 PM, Crucis said:

Seeing as you are so gung ho on some basic rules - how about proving what he said is because he's a bigot?

Some details matter, some don't.  But the detail of your groundless accusation...?   That matters.  And, as we seem to be close in age, you can't target me for saying you are being a twit.

I mean, I grammar nazi'd a guy threatening me with legal action, but, still.

[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
25 minutes ago, Nukelavee45 said:

Seeing as you are so gung ho on some basic rules - how about proving what he said is because he's a bigot?

Some details matter, some don't.  But the detail of your groundless accusation...?   That matters.  And, as we seem to be close in age, you can't target me for saying you are being a twit.

I mean, I grammar nazi'd a guy threatening me with legal action, but, still.

Saying that he finds it difficult to tolerate a person who is on the downslope of life sounds like a clear cut case of bigotry in my book.

As for your final sentence, I think that anyone who accuses someone else of being a grammar Nazi is a twit, because all you're doing is trying to put the blame on another person for your own (presumably) mistakes.  

Beta Testers
1,442 posts
8,845 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Saying that he finds it difficult to tolerate a person who is on the downslope of life sounds like a clear cut case of bigotry in my book.

As for your final sentence, I think that anyone who accuses someone else of being a grammar Nazi is a twit, because all you're doing is trying to put the blame on another person for your own (presumably) mistakes.  

No, and no.  He said he has reduced tolerance for older people who overly nitpick, to paraphrase him.  Not senior citizens in general, but the overly self-important pedantic types who feel the need to point out every minor typo as though it matters to the message.

On your second point, as I said - no.  If I called you out as a grammar nazi because I made a mistake (to be honest, I'm not certain if nazi should get a capital N or not in the context of grammar) and you pointed it out, I'm not blaming you for my mistake.  I make (some) money writing.  A solid proofreader or editor is a treasure... when I'm writing for publication or academic reasons.  If I'm blasting out a casual post, and typing teh instead of the happens, and I'm careless or lazy enough to leave it, because it doesn't change the message, I'm calling you out for being Brainy Smurf.  I'm not blaming anybody or anything - I'm saying "you're being an annoying self appointed authority where none is needed or asked for." 

For it to be a case of me blaming you, it would require something like I could have gotten an A on my essay, but it's your fault I got a D because you pointed out I spelled "sceince"wrong.  If I actually implied the consequence was your fault - that's blaming.  I'm labeling.  :)

Also, I don't think presumably is the right form of that word for that context.  You wanted, I believe, presumable.  Or, you could have gone with " (presumably) your own mistakes.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,056 posts
8,251 battles

To further add to the derailment of this thread, I present you with this...

Spoiler

As a bonus, here's another.

Spoiler

Members
851 posts
5,263 battles
1 hour ago, Nukelavee45 said:

No, and no.  He said he has reduced tolerance for older people who overly nitpick, to paraphrase him.  Not senior citizens in general, but the overly self-important pedantic types who feel the need to point out every minor typo as though it matters to the message.

On your second point, as I said - no.  If I called you out as a grammar nazi because I made a mistake (to be honest, I'm not certain if nazi should get a capital N or not in the context of grammar) and you pointed it out, I'm not blaming you for my mistake.  I make (some) money writing.  A solid proofreader or editor is a treasure... when I'm writing for publication or academic reasons.  If I'm blasting out a casual post, and typing teh instead of the happens, and I'm careless or lazy enough to leave it, because it doesn't change the message, I'm calling you out for being Brainy Smurf.  I'm not blaming anybody or anything - I'm saying "you're being an annoying self appointed authority where none is needed or asked for." 

For it to be a case of me blaming you, it would require something like I could have gotten an A on my essay, but it's your fault I got a D because you pointed out I spelled "sceince"wrong.  If I actually implied the consequence was your fault - that's blaming.  I'm labeling.  :)

Also, I don't think presumably is the right form of that word for that context.  You wanted, I believe, presumable.  Or, you could have gone with " (presumably) your own mistakes.

Wow, I'd say mic drop, but the thing was burnt before it hit the floor.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,442 posts
8,845 battles
On 1/22/2019 at 7:30 PM, khorender_1 said:

Wow, I'd say mic drop, but the thing was burnt before it hit the floor.

I have an eye for glass houses.

:)

• Cool 1