Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Is the Main Battery Reload Booster Useful or Useless?

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,631
[PSP]
Members
8,011 posts

I've been playing the Charles Martel today to try to grind out the French credits. It hasa consumable for -50% to main battery reload time for 15 seconds. With a 12-second reload this means that you get in about one extra salvo in those 15 seconds unless your previous salvo and the booster are perfectly times. I can't really see the point.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[R-F]
Members
22 posts
7,566 battles

It is easily my favorite thing they have ever added to the game. Makes playing the Henri, JB, and Bourgogne a really rewarding experience and completely changed how much fun the Henri is to play. It lets you punish people in ways that no other ships can because of the volume of fire you can put out exactly when you need it.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
603
[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,447 battles

I think you should look at one of LWM reviews on a ship that uses the booster. It might help you. It’s not useless but it’s by no way OP either 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
370
[O7]
Members
590 posts
13,491 battles

It took the Henri from the worst cruiser to arguably one of the best.  It's an incredible addition to the game if you're intelligent with its use.  It needs to be reserved for broadside cruisers, setting fires on a bb that recently used dcp, or shooting a close range dd.  Its also the reason people are averaging close to 200k in henri now.

Edited by bfk_ferlyfe
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,754
[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,813 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The point is that you get one extra salvo.

On a BB.  On a cruiser or destroyer, you'll get more mileage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,799
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,484 posts
10,170 battles

I find it very useful for BB's but less so for cruisers.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
750
[WGA]
Administrator
794 posts
454 battles

MBRB is awesome if used in the correct way! 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,891
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,570 posts
13,451 battles

MBRB is probably the best offensive consumable in the game.

Tip: Pop it as soon as you spot something that needs shooting. Even if you're in the middle of a reload cycle, the next shot will come sooner. Don't hold it until you finish loading!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,631
[PSP]
Members
8,011 posts

As with many things new, I didn't see the potential of the MBRB at first. Nor, in fact, did I like the Charles Martel much. However, due to the grind for credits I'm being "forced" to play some less-used ships in other nations. Spending more time with the CM has shown it to be a good ship. It is especially good at setting fires. Also, I remembered in the last match that the thing actually has torpedoes. :Smile_veryhappy:

image.thumb.png.aa236ed9458cdbba429e9b96e7036c16.png 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[T-RIP]
Members
1,478 posts
8,988 battles

MBRB on Le Terrible with adrenaline rush at half health turns it into a machine gun lol it's actually kinda unfair really, but I enjoy it. =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,574 battles

Useful when you have a cheeky little destroyer in your sights, hit the Triple-D key (Deleted DD) and shoot the crap out of it.    :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
242
[RTXN]
Beta Testers
891 posts
40 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I've been playing the Charles Martel today to try to grind out the French credits. It hasa consumable for -50% to main battery reload time for 15 seconds. With a 12-second reload this means that you get in about one extra salvo in those 15 seconds unless your previous salvo and the booster are perfectly times. I can't really see the point.

It is very situational - as mentioned it helps with DD hunting but I find I use it on just about anything with low health or a ship about to go behind cover.

The much more useful consumable is engine boost - combined with the Engine Boost mod 1 (that you get out of the Arsenal) and SM flag - 43.9 kts for 4.5 min - not too shabby.  Surprised a DD in clan wars last night with that one!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,253
[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
40 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

MBRB is ridiculous. ESPECIALLY on the T10s

Kebob, it is ridiculous.  And yet, at the same time, it is absolutely useful.

Another way to put it is that MBRB is a consumable that I wish had never been created.  But as long as it does exist, I absolutely will take advantage of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
431
[O7]
Members
750 posts
13,616 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Kebob, it is ridiculous.  And yet, at the same time, it is absolutely useful.

Another way to put it is that MBRB is a consumable that I wish had never been created.  But as long as it does exist, I absolutely will take advantage of it.

*Looks at my bourgogne* yeah... I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,253
[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
47 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

MBRB is probably the best offensive consumable in the game.

Tip: Pop it as soon as you spot something that needs shooting. Even if you're in the middle of a reload cycle, the next shot will come sooner. Don't hold it until you finish loading!

Edge, I find that the best time to pop MBRB is immediately after I've fired my guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,253
[SALVO]
Members
18,309 posts
18,897 battles
42 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

MBRB on Le Terrible with adrenaline rush at half health turns it into a machine gun lol it's actually kinda unfair really, but I enjoy it. =)

MBRB on Le Terrible even at full health is absolutely filthy!   :Smile_trollface:  :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[PVE]
Members
595 posts
5,197 battles

After using it on La Gal, Algerie, Charles Martel, and Jean Bart, I don't think it is that big of a deal but I like it mainly because it is different.  It is nice and refreshing to simply have a few ships that are a bit different than the other long range HE spammers and a BB with a neat trick up it's sleeve is fun. Just being a bit different makes it nice.

I am really glad they left my De Grasse alone though.

Edited by MasterDiggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,320
[PVE]
Members
7,218 posts
12,439 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I've been playing the Charles Martel today to try to grind out the French credits. It hasa consumable for -50% to main battery reload time for 15 seconds. With a 12-second reload this means that you get in about one extra salvo in those 15 seconds unless your previous salvo and the booster are perfectly times. I can't really see the point.

I haven't played much of the French Cruiser's lately but have played a lot of Jean Bart and at least on it the MBRB can be very strong if you get the right situation and time it right. Played a little Henri IV and have yet to really get the ideal situation to use it to full potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,731
[RLGN]
Members
9,408 posts
18,821 battles
1 hour ago, iKami said:

MBRB is awesome if used in the correct way! 

Surprised first off it was thrown out on so many ships.

Surprised as well how completely useless it was on the cruisers I unexpectedly found it on. (Collecting snowflakes.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
908
[NMKJT]
Members
3,443 posts
1 hour ago, jmanII said:

It is very situational - as mentioned it helps with DD hunting but I find I use it on just about anything with low health or a ship about to go behind cover.

The much more useful consumable is engine boost - combined with the Engine Boost mod 1 (that you get out of the Arsenal) and SM flag - 43.9 kts for 4.5 min - not too shabby.  Surprised a DD in clan wars last night with that one!

Engine boost mod 1 is underappreciated on  a DD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,891
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,570 posts
13,451 battles
53 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Edge, I find that the best time to pop MBRB is immediately after I've fired my guns.

Any time that the reload bar is running, you're getting value out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×