You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
rustydawg

Anyone notice there is NO boat cranes on the Charleston?

13 comments in this topic

[RSDWG]
Members
452 posts
8,836 battles

I compared the Charleston to St Louis. The Charleston in the game does not have any cranes on the boat deck like the below picture. Looks like the Charleston just kept the aft cranes and got rid of the forward cranes, around 1916 or so. St Louis Had 4 cranes. Also, notice on the bow the old Kedge Anchor is gone!c2215.jpg

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[RSDWG]
Members
452 posts
8,836 battles

My Notifications said 4 people reacted to this topic, where are they???

Members
3,332 posts
1,475 battles
Just now, rustydawg said:

My Notifications said 4 people reacted to this topic, where are they???

Lower right hand corner of your post.

Cool pic by the way.

• Cool 1

[PT8TO]
Members
284 posts
11,788 battles

Good eyes on that. I'm too busy zig-zag ing left and right while im in my cruisers.

Anyway,a cranes wouldn't do much in this bloody boat game:Smile_trollface:

[ARGSY]
Members
8,040 posts
5,474 battles

In addition, the Jean Bart seems to have no benches. This is such an essential feature of French ships. This was noticed on Zath's stream once, and I commented that it needed a bench buff.

If I am wrong about this, and we simply failed to find one, please enlighten me. I don't have the ship (yet) and can't check.

[WOLF7]
Members
212 posts
3,786 battles

Why do u want cranes? To lower the life boats? No man, nobody leaves, they fight to death and sink with It. Good old times!

[TF16]
Modder
984 posts
7,565 battles

Can you imagine how hot it must have been in this ship, in Panama, in the summer, below decks, at slow speed?

[RSDWG]
Members
452 posts
8,836 battles
On 1/18/2019 at 12:05 PM, thebigblue said:

Wonder if he noticed anything fishy about kurf, conq, Henry, most Russian ships, etc...

I notice something wrong with all the ships. The list would be about a page or so long...LOL.

Example 1:  The A hull Essex has the anchors hanging at the wrong angle they should be the same as the B hull.

Example  2:  Most American ships would have netting around the lower cable of the railing so people won't get washed overboard under the bottom part of the railing!

Example  3: All ships would have zinc bars on the bottom of the hull and rudder to prevent galvanic corrosion.

I could go on and on.

The 2 front stack covers are on cold boilers in those engine rooms. They cover the stacks to keep rainwater and maybe critters like birds out.

Edited by rustydawg
  • Cool 1