Timo_Greenwold

Discord not launching

14 comments in this topic

[TASC]
Members
185 posts
7,721 battles

All that happens is I get for a few seconds is Discord box showing and that's it. I have been looking on the internet for solution, but nothing works so far.

• Step one: Completely close out of the malfunctioning Discord client

• Step two: Uninstall the malfunctioning Discord client in Programs and Features

• Step three: Open File Explorer

• Step four: Click the "Address Bar" looking thing, type %appdata%, and press Enter. You should now be in Appdata Roaming

• Step five: Locate the malfunctioning Discord appdata folder (labeled: discord, discordptb, or discordcanary respectively) and right click delete it.

• Step six: Press "Alt - Up Arrow" to go up to the regular appdata folder. You should now see three folders: Local, LocalLow, and Roaming. Enter the folder marked "Local."

• Step seven: Locate the malfunctioning equivalent of the Discord folder you previously deleted (discord would be Discord, discordcanary is DiscordCanary, discordptb is DiscordPTB) and delete it.

• Reinstall Discord and cross your fingers.

Discord should now be forcefully reinstalled and should work with any later updates

I have done this kind uninstall and reinstall, does not work. I have opened TaskMaster and closed programs.  Any ideas ?

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
184 posts
5,550 battles

My ONLY other suggestion, outside of seeing a crash log, would be do what you've done, then run CCleaner registry cleaner. Then reinstall.

[TASC]
Members
185 posts
7,721 battles

There is no crash log, tried CCleaner. I cannot download Discord file from Discordapp.com, because I get a network error. I download from another site an older version 0.0.45.0

[WOLF7]
Members
10,770 posts

Hope you solve your problem, but why would you post this in WG support? They don't support Discord.....:Smile_glasses:

• Cool 2

[TASC]
Members
185 posts
7,721 battles

8 hours ago, awiggin said:

Hope you solve your problem, but why would you post this in WG support? They don't support Discord.....:Smile_glasses:

For the reason some other forum member may have had the same problem can give some help, not a useless post to add to their post count.

Members
2,575 posts
3,556 battles
12 minutes ago, Timo_Greenwold said:

For the reason some other forum member may have had the same problem can give some help, not a useless post to add to their post count.

Seems to me posting the OP on WGs forum instead of hitting up Discord's support was a pretty useless post.

[TASC]
Members
185 posts
7,721 battles

Discord support was not helpful and for some reason it is working fine now. Some people on this forum are helpful and are not jerk off's Harathan

Edited by Timo_Greenwold

Members
2,575 posts
3,556 battles
1 hour ago, Timo_Greenwold said:

Discord support was not helpful and for some reason it is working fine now. Some people on this forum are helpful and are not jerk off's Harathan

Now who's just boosting their post count?

[HEROS]
Members
1,788 posts
5,675 battles
2 hours ago, Timo_Greenwold said:

is adding to their post count a real thing? if so, why?

[TASC]
Members
185 posts
7,721 battles
On 1/18/2019 at 7:09 PM, Harathan said:

Now who's just boosting their post count?

you are

• Bad 1

[ARMDA]
Members
322 posts
2,518 battles
On 1/19/2019 at 11:25 AM, Spud_butt said:

is adding to their post count a real thing? if so, why?

Yes; people want to gain ranks (or flairs depending on the forum).

@OP Is your connection stable or do you have VPN turned off/on? Sometimes there's an easy fix to all of this.

Edited by destawaits

[HEROS]
Members
1,788 posts
5,675 battles
2 hours ago, destawaits said:

Yes; people want to gain ranks (or flairs depending on the forum).

@OP Is your connection stable or do you have VPN turned off/on? Sometimes there's an easy fix to all of this.

oh. and the ranks are good for … uh, like the karma system in battle? well, then I gotta start posting like a mad typist with nothing else in my life.

connection stable, mostly. there are weather dependent effects, like ice covered lines that snap, other than that, very stable.

but now I have to figure out VPN, because I don't know what that is.  as usual. :o)

Edited by Spud_butt
because my original post was not clear, even to me

[ARMDA]
Members
322 posts
2,518 battles
7 hours ago, Spud_butt said:

oh. and the ranks are good for … uh, like the karma system in battle? well, then I gotta start posting like a mad typist with nothing else in my life.

connection stable, mostly. there are weather dependent effects, like ice covered lines that snap, other than that, very stable.

but now I have to figure out VPN, because I don't know what that is.  as usual. :o)

VPN is virtual private network, a network that hides your IP address, allowing you access blocked sites.

I guess it's alright if you don't use VPN to connect to Discord, unless if you're like me, who has to use VPN to access Youtube in China.

[HEROS]
Members
1,788 posts
5,675 battles
1 hour ago, destawaits said:

VPN is virtual private network, a network that hides your IP address, allowing you access blocked sites.

I guess it's alright if you don't use VPN to connect to Discord, unless if you're like me, who has to use VPN to access Youtube in China.

thanks for the info. sounds like a bit of a challenge, assuming it slows down the connection on a good day...