Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SeaKnight_1990

In Regards to the Carrier Rework

17 comments in this topic

[BZERK]
Members
743 posts
3,573 battles

I'm about 30k or so XP from the Essex, and have 8 million silver to burn. My plan of action, to be accomplished before the weekend is out, is:

Get the remaining silver for the Essex.

Get the Essex and kit her out to the best of my ability.

Grind my way to Midway over the next week and a half, to get as much XP as possible to get the Midway. If I don't have that much, I can use Free XP to make up the difference. 

I doubt anyone has attempted anything this ambitious, but then again, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Wish me luck as I embark on what is possibly the grindfest to end all grindfests. 

Thanks!

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,132 posts
4,359 battles

Having just ground out the Hakuryu, all I can say is "good luck". You'll need it to keep from going insane from all the battles you'll need to grind out the Midway.

[O7]
Members
749 posts
13,616 battles

Should be a breeze, when I ground my Taiho and Essex I did them at the same time, and I was hooked. I played JUST my T9 CVs for a few days and suddenly had both t10 CVs. Helps if you win a lot too of course because of the Xp Multiplier. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles

Why? 

Edit: and Please don't, you look like the worst kind of skycancer, no need to ruin so many peoples games.

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff
  • Bad 2

[RLGN]
Members
9,402 posts
18,804 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Why? 

Edit: and Please don't, you look like the worst kind of skycancer, no need to ruin so many peoples games.

While not agreeing with Wuff’s sobriquet, I would also ask why?

Rushing to Tier 10 and the resultant lack of experience is nothing but a recipe for bitterness, disappointment, and salty resentment; that’s before even considering how BROKE someone with the indicated resources would likely wind up being after doing so.

There’s no enjoyment to be had at high tiers under the current system without being an Experten, and the same issue is likely to exist under the new.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[BZERK]
Members
743 posts
3,573 battles

OK, half of Phase 1 is complete: I have researched the Essex. By this time tomorrow, I'm on to the fun part and getting on the grindfest for real. 

[FTH]
Members
716 posts
12,339 battles

Good luck with the grind..I'd suggest div'ing up with a couple clanmates in Missouri's if you have any, or if you want to assure yourself of a T10 game, just find a pair of Worchesters to div up with.

[BZERK]
Members
743 posts
3,573 battles

Next question: When you're being pursued by an Asashio and you're driving a CV, what's the best way to get yourself un-pursued by one? Thanks!

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,132 posts
4,359 battles
On 1/18/2019 at 11:14 PM, SeaKnight_1990 said:

Next question: When you're being pursued by an Asashio and you're driving a CV, what's the best way to get yourself un-pursued by one? Thanks!

Call for backup and hope your bomber accuracy is up to snuff.  That and run like hell is really all you can do.

[BZERK]
Members
743 posts
3,573 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

Call for backup and hope your bomber accuracy is up to snuff.  That and run like hell is really all you can do.

I did the first part, and the second part is good, but not that good. I also did 3 with mixed results.

[BZERK]
Members
743 posts
3,573 battles

Update: I'm thinking of adding more surface ships to the grindfest, because of the rate I'm losing credits. It's painful when that's happening and you're having a hard time at first. That said, I got my first two kills in the Essex in my last game (by detonating a Gearing and burning down the enemy Essex to end the game) and I think I earned some credits with that and completing one of the PEF missions. 

[BZERK]
Members
743 posts
3,573 battles

I'm now up at 42k XP. I'll grind out as much as I can up through Wednesday, then use free XP to make up the difference from there on out. 

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts
On 1/18/2019 at 3:16 AM, SeaKnight_1990 said:

I'm about 30k or so XP from the Essex, and have 8 million silver to burn. My plan of action, to be accomplished before the weekend is out, is:

Get the remaining silver for the Essex.

Get the Essex and kit her out to the best of my ability.

Grind my way to Midway over the next week and a half, to get as much XP as possible to get the Midway. If I don't have that much, I can use Free XP to make up the difference. 

I doubt anyone has attempted anything this ambitious, but then again, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Wish me luck as I embark on what is possibly the grindfest to end all grindfests. 

Thanks!

you gonna go broke playing cv they are unplayable till wargamimg patches them

[BZERK]
Members
743 posts
3,573 battles
3 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

This guy should have just saved up the XP on his Lex and researched Midway directly, lol.

I was lucky to get 54k XP on the Essex, and break my CV damage record--again. I did use the free XP I got as compensation for the Midway, and a few Missouri games should get me the credits. I'm going to play lower tiers in co-op (I have Langley, Ryujo (might get Ranger back) and Lexington) as well as some randoms to get the hang of things while I start focusing more on my surface fleet. I'm going to first get the Zao, then grind the four branches at T7 up. Any other suggestions for new branches to grind?

Sign in to follow this