You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

The Unsung Okt R Hack

28 comments in this topic

[SPCU]
Members
556 posts
4,721 battles

Oh yeah... i always forget okt has the quick reloading charges for dcp... amazing in early game but detrimental towards the end...

Put out 5x fires back to back and you eat 100% late game. Its the only ship with that set up?

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,626 posts
2,633 battles
36 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Oh yeah... i always forget okt has the quick reloading charges for dcp... amazing in early game but detrimental towards the end...

Put out 5x fires back to back and you eat 100% late game. Its the only ship with that set up?

Yup

Really hoping all Russian BBs have this though

[WOLFB]
Members
2,078 posts
9,510 battles

I see they are not ready for Soviet BB gimmick.

[FML]
Members
2,132 posts
11,219 battles

Well. I had a Maass shouting at me for shooting AP at a DD, calling me an idiot and demanding I shoot HE.

I was in a Fiji. 

He had over 2k battles so should have known better.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Members
652 posts
5,656 battles
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

Yup

Really hoping all Russian BBs have this though

I am fully prepared for the limited DCP to be the only downside of the impending apocalypse of Soviet battleships.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,348 posts
15,832 battles
2 hours ago, Xanshin said:

Yes.  It's great until you realize you have finite DCP charges where everyone else has unlimited.  Not to say it's useless, but man, when you're down to your last two, things start to get scary.

Members
1,301 posts
7,663 battles

If you can save them until late game, if you play well you can be pretty hard to kill late game.  any dot damage can be wiped quickly over and over. 

a few weeks ago i had a 7 kill game in this thing.(buddy of mine got 2 kills in his iron duke)  I didn't use one DCP until 11-12 min into the match.(nothing worth using DCP on until that point)  It came down to 2v4, and thanks to this DCP, we were able to take out all 4 without either of us dying.

Beta Testers
161 posts
86 battles

Being able to constantly wipe fires and floods makes the Okt R a nightmare against cruisers and DDs. You can eventually burn through all those charges, but if you're face to face with him it'll be practically impossible to get a DoT to stick unless he's been super careless that game. Given how weak most of the CLs/DDs firepower is at that tier, this is a big deal. She pays for it in other ways, but expecting WG to design an entire line (Especially a Russian line) with weaknesses that don't make this overwhelming is unlikely, in my opinion.

If the Soviet BBs have that as a national trait, they need a nerfed damage repair to go with it. As it stands, if they can just afford to let one fire burn as other BBs can, but immediately and repeatedly wipe any two or three fire that occurs, they'll be a serious problem to low/mid tier cruisers/DDs. 

[SPCU]
Members
556 posts
4,721 battles
2 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Well. I had a Maass shouting at me for shooting AP at a DD, calling me an idiot and demanding I shoot HE.

I was in a Fiji. 

He had over 2k battles so should have known better.

Yeah... had someone upset I was only using AP on my minotaur the other day... I feel your pain...

• Funny 1

[SPCU]
Members
556 posts
4,721 battles
36 minutes ago, Aegis270 said:

If the Soviet BBs have that as a national trait, they need a nerfed damage repair to go with it. As it stands, if they can just afford to let one fire burn as other BBs can, but immediately and repeatedly wipe any two or three fire that occurs, they'll be a serious problem to low/mid tier cruisers/DDs. 

Is balans comrade... will pair nicely with 500mm main guns, no?

Members
20 posts
3,894 battles

I'm relatively new to the game, so when such a thread bring me an info about a different characteristic about a ship, I found it interesting. :cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,237 posts
4,116 battles
9 minutes ago, V_A_C_A said:

I'm relatively new to the game, so when such a thread bring me an info about a different characteristic about a ship, I found it interesting. :cap_like:

Always bear in mind that your milage may vary based on experience and ability. That said, you can glean a  lot of useful tips and tricks here from the community.

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
430 posts
5,241 battles
3 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

demanding I shoot HE.

I was in a Fiji.

*shakes head to affirm negative sentiment.*  when the green ghouls give their celestial advice 

I hope you said something like. "no, AP ALL THE WAY. Raaar"

Edited by skillztowin

[-K-]
Members
5,787 posts
9,813 battles
6 hours ago, Xanshin said:

At this time, yes.

But it makes you wonder if it will be one of the unique traits of the upcoming Russian battleship tech tree.

[STAR]
Members
2,954 posts
8,064 battles

Once i was called of hack because a guy torps didnt hit me, he was in a PA DD and was trying to torp me in another DD. :Smile-_tongue:

This OR DCP os pretty good when properly used. I hope the russian BB line have this as well.

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

At this time, yes.

But it makes you wonder if it will be one of the unique traits of the upcoming Russian battleship tech tree.

Ok I feel like an IDIOT, I did not know that the Oct Rev had a unique DCP consumable. I have been playing her like a regular battleship, letting one fire burn, hitting DCP on 2 or more fires. She is already my highest performing T-5 BB in average damage, kills, and with a PR rating of 1892 it falls just slightly behind the Texas at 1915. I figure play her the same way through the first half of the game and than progressively increasing the use of the DCP.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,213 posts
13,813 battles
7 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Somewhat ot but does the quartermaster skill increase the number of charges?

YES!  I have five.  

And I very seldom run out.  I ran out in this particular game just before I got destroyed.  Team melted in first five minutes, and I spent the next ten or so minutes focused by half the reds...kiting away.  And I use kiting loosely because when your team is gone...it's more like running for dear life being pursued by a hoard.  Survived just long enough to DS a DD in a mutually destructive rain of HE and torps.  It was all over long before that point....but in the words of Han Solo...they are not going to take me without a fight.

One of the nice tricks with the Okt R is the knowledge it has VERY GOOD bow plates.  When angled well, you cannot be overmatched bow on.   So you can cause a lot of destruction in a bow angled fight.  When enemy switches to HE...careful management of DCP and RT can cause all sorts of angst for the enemy.   Okt R also has one of the best AA capabilities in tier.  Not as good as Texas, but very good for a T5.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,398 posts

Sometimes having 5 DCP charges you can burn for a flank push to win the game is worth more the having unlimited charges where you die to DoT due to terrible RNG rolls.

[LRM]
Members
393 posts
7,100 battles
26 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Once i was called of hack because a guy torps didnt hit me, he was in a PA DD and was trying to torp me in another DD. :Smile-_tongue:

Should have told him it's a bug in the hack that turns his torpedo wedges transparent.

I can't tell you how many times I've been in a PA DD, gotten a DD victim in a perfect firing position, and thought I've got you now, my pretty... [3-key] Dammit! [1-key, 1-key, 1-key]

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
323 posts
3 hours ago, Xanshin said:

Yeah... had someone upset I was only using AP on my minotaur the other day... I feel your pain...

Someone "the other player" should try to go down the British line. That is a real mind bender in a high Teir game. " Sips tea from the bridge of his Neptune ".

Cheers <o,

• Cool 1