You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Yoshino is availble for coal, thank you Wargaming

99 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,593 posts
3,809 battles

Dear Wargaming community,

I believe we all have seen Stalingrad and remember the fallout from it. I believe in balance and to make things right. We already have one Tier 10 steel “supercruiser” Stalingrad, we surely don’t need another for steel. I propose to make Azuma available for coal as it doesn’t have a tier 9 counterpart like Stalingrad.

I think the real reason for pushing Kronstadt out the door is so that people can’t make the argument to make Azuma for coal instead of steel. I think the current layout works Stalingrad for steel and Kronstadt for coal.  

It is stupid to make Azuma available possibly for steel only and not to have a tier 9 counterpart for it. So in the spirit of common sense balance let’s make it available for coal like Salem.

I am calling on all players to speak up and keep Kronstadt in the game for coal along with Musashi. To see the game go in the direction of remove a powerful ship Kronstadt  while keeping another powerful ship Stalingrad available is unacceptable and uneconomical for Wargaming. I am saying let Wargaming make their money this way and to keep us the players happy as well.

To balance out their power. I propose a 6 month period where these ships are unavailable while Alaska and the Tier 9 Russian Dd in devlopement are available and for the ships to rotate in and out like our current premium ship does.

By having the ships unavailable for half the year it makes sense and eventually random boxes aka loot boxes will be outlawed. I see this happening due to parents becoming more aware of the epidemic of their kids getting hooked on games like Fortnite.

Why settle for short term profit when you can have a long term profit Wargaming? It will be more profitable to keep these ships in the game for periods of 3-6 months rather than short term buying of loot boxes.

Surely you guys must have noticed players buying the boxes in world of tanks more often than in world of warships. Yes, I am goin go to compare you to your sister game as this game has the same potential if not more than it.

So I am asking in the name of common sense business practice for Kronsdat and Musashi to stay during limited 3-6 month periods instead of being in loot boxes as they can easily be outlawed in the future. I am also asking for Azuma to not be put in the game possibly for steel and for it to be put in for coal. Clans can have the Stalingrad and Bourgnourge at tier 10 as they have tier 9 counterparts and Azuma does not.

This will ensure long term profit goals for your company rather than an abrupt cut off of revenue when loot boxes are outlawed.

Musashi and Kronsdat should stay and be available for 3-6 month periods and rotate like our current premium shop. Azuma should be available for coal as more players play casually and not competitive, and it has no tier 9 counterpart. 

In short, stop thinking about the short term buying behavior of your customer and think about the long term satisfaction of your customers.

sincerely,

A beta warships player and a ship collector

Landedkiller 

As a side note, can someone please post this an reddit and on discord so it gains traction and please share on social media thanks. I am sure the majority agree with me at least on this.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 9

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

Azuma is probably a tier 10 ship then, hopefully Alaska is free xp on the tech tree. 

[WOLF9]
Members
58 posts
5,948 battles
32 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Azuma is probably a tier 10 ship then, hopefully Alaska is free xp on the tech tree. 

Alaska will be 1,000,000 free xp.

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

No problem by the time she gets out. 

Members
540 posts

I hope Azuma is coal but i seriously doubt it.  Now that people are getting the big cost steel ship aka Stalingrad they will need something else to lure... er bait....er sucker people into playing CW.  

• Cool 3

[LEGIO]
Members
3,181 posts
5,907 battles

They already got a French T10 BB for steel most of us mere mortals will never get. How many unique steel ships do they need?

I can't believe some fools are actually downvoting the OP.

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,356 posts
15,843 battles

My bet is Azuma is a Tier X Steel Ship.  Salem is basically slightly tweaked Des Moines, justifying her cheaper Coal cost.  But Azuma is nothing at all like Zao.

[KNMSU]
Members
4,706 posts
5,104 battles

'Special boats for special folks' is getting old really fast. It's particularly tasteless that you can "back door" some of the steel via exorbitant packages - you might as well hang a sign on the arsenal that says 'for elite gamers and whales only.' 'Old boys' clubs' like this in gaming have caught wide flak of late, but apparently not with this company.

• Cool 2

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,933 posts
9,049 battles

Or just have some more events like Christmas/New Year where players can earn steel. One of the few things I think they executed well the last year, into this one, as when you look at the setup - Ranked and CW players get first dibs basically as they can/will earn steel faster, with the next group being those of us who have tier 9-10 ships (and/or tier 8 premiums)who would be more familiar with the tiers gameplay and have at least general experience to get to that tier, especially with multiple lines, followed then by players that are below that tier range and likely not ready for high tier gameplay.

Ranked/CW players still have a goal to work towards, because getting it sooner means learning it and having an edge as players still have to learn how to fight it yet, while allowing those of us who can't or don't play those game modes to still be able to get these ships. Because no ship should belong to a select few, barring a temporary deal where say for a year, no one else can get them, and then everyone can - even the Iwaki Alpha and Ark Beta, both of which I own. Just like the ST version of Bama vs common, just have the alpha and Beta dropped. Simply markers that we got ours from testing, others did missions/bought/free xp/coal the ship. Stats wise the Iwaki is still a bit high - though, this could simply be us alpha testers having it, and the additional gameplay time we had, combined with small numbers that because the ship is seen so rarely, players simply have not learned how to beat it. Ark Beta however has started dropping off more, so that one is a bit less likely to be kicking a hornets nest on "OP ship". 

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Members
339 posts
5,476 battles

A lot more ships should be available for coal at a price that works for WG's math. If currency inflation is a problem, simply release more things for people to spend currency on in order to draw down reserves and increase playtime/spending to catch up. The arsenal is pretty barren. There is no regular, consistent way to earn steel in the game currently, so for a lot of players those ships are just forbidden fruit. WG can control the rate of gain for coal much easier, so why not offer a wider range of ships to buy?

Give players more ways of earning stuff without blowing up your ingame economy and players will be happier, making you more money. Hell, put something that isn't OP like the Missouri back in the arsenal for like 500k coal if you really must. This lottery game of having something available for one of: real money, coal, steel, or FXP is absolutely stupid.

[CUTER]
Members
3,824 posts
16,860 battles

I prefer spending my coal on various goods that are not ships so hopefully Azuma will be sold for steel.

Edited by Preteen
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 12

[T-RIP]
Members
1,480 posts
8,988 battles
5 hours ago, landedkiller said:

This will ensure long term profit goals for your company rather than an abrupt cut off of revenue when loot boxes are outlawed.

I'm not so sure loot boxes can ever really be outlawed, there are always around things.

However I think WG should slap a price tag on every premium ship in whatever currency they choose and allow ANY player that plays the game a chance to own said ship, without having to roll the dice.

It's a digital would this game like all others, there is no tangible collectibility of anything, WG can pull the plug any time, and you've collected nothing but memories.

• Cool 1

[INR]
Members
671 posts
3,745 battles
20 minutes ago, Preteen said:

I prefer spending my coal on various goods that are not ships so hopefully Azuma will be sold for steel.

Ah, but Steel can be converted into coal and not the other way around.

Edited by WuYixiang

[CUTER]
Members
3,824 posts
16,860 battles
11 minutes ago, WuYixiang said:

Ah, but Steel can be converted into coal and not the other way around.

Exactly. It will be really boring if I could just convert everything and get anything I want. I need the challenge of acquiring steel and high prizes to keep this game interesting.

Edited by Preteen
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6

[WOLFB]
Members
2,079 posts
9,516 battles

I've been saving my coal in case Azuma might be coal so I'm more than ready to spend all this ressources for her.

That said since it's T10, it's most likely going to be steel, which is a shame since Salem isn't that interesting. I was thinking that WG will maybe remove Salem and replace her by another T10 pretty much like they are going to do with Musashi and Kronshtad but it looks like the only T10 coal ship available for coal player will be Salem.

[INR]
Members
671 posts
3,745 battles
18 minutes ago, Preteen said:

Exactly. It will be really boring if I could just convert everything and get anything I want. I need the challenge of acquiring steel and high prizes to keep this game interesting.

Meanwhile, I'm a Ranked player who doesn't have an active clan for CBs, and I'm not leaving my merry band of misfits to chase a paper ship.

Edited by WuYixiang

[TOG]
Members
3,024 posts
16,250 battles
2 hours ago, Battleship_ContediCavour said:

'Special boats for special folks' is getting old really fast. It's particularly tasteless that you can "back door" some of the steel via exorbitant packages - you might as well hang a sign on the arsenal that says 'for elite gamers and whales only.' 'Old boys' clubs' like this in gaming have caught wide flak of late, but apparently not with this company.

Them that has gets. As for OP's hope that Azuma is going to be coal...doubtful. FXP is more likely than coal. There has been heavy speculation since November that Stalingrad will be removed from the Arsenal due to being OP. There's a mystery ship being sold for steel in the future. Odds are it would be Azuma.

[CUTER]
Members
3,824 posts
16,860 battles
20 minutes ago, WuYixiang said:

Meanwhile, I'm a Ranked player who doesn't have an active clan for CBs, and I'm not leaving my merry band of misfits to chase a paper ship.

You can talk to your mates and jump into some clan battles, why not? It is actually a very fun thing to do.

[INR]
Members
671 posts
3,745 battles
1 minute ago, Preteen said:

You can talk to your mates and jump into some clan battles, why not? It is actually a very fun thing to do.

You're assuming our schedules line up with the Clan Battle schedule, which they rarely do.

[CUTER]
Members
3,824 posts
16,860 battles
1 minute ago, WuYixiang said:

rarely

It's better than never :Smile_coin:

• Bad 3

[PVE]
Members
7,218 posts
12,451 battles
3 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

They already got a French T10 BB for steel most of us mere mortals will never get. How many unique steel ships do they need?

I can't believe some fools are actually downvoting the OP.

But that is how WG operates. Rewards a few at the expense of the player base at large. They do it in many areas.I could be wrong of course but I fully expect Azuma to be another steel ship for their chosen ones.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[CUTER]
Members
3,824 posts
16,860 battles
8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

But that is how WG operates. Rewards a few at the expense of the player base at large. They do it in many areas.I could be wrong of course but I fully expect Azuma to be another steel ship for their chosen ones.

Maybe if you put in some effort you could also be a chosen one and a proud owner of these toys.

Edited by Preteen
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6

[PVE]
Members
7,218 posts
12,451 battles
4 minutes ago, Preteen said:

Maybe if you put in some effort you could also be a chosen one and a proud owner of these toys.

I put lots of "effort" into the game. I play it almost daily and 20-30+ games a day. I have no desire to play special PVP modes, or even PVP in general, where it is so toxic. I get enough of that atmosphere here on the forums. I don't need it in game as well. 

Effort in WOWS is nothing more than playing the game. I love how defenders of Steel and reward/gated ships use that as a defense. WOWS is a game it is not work or something that needs "effort" put in. As said the only effort you truly can put into a game is play time.

Someone who plays Ranked or Clan Battles is NOT a more important customer than a player who does not even if WG and those players think they are. They may be a more skilled player for sure but not a more important one.

It shouldn't matter where someone chooses to play the game. But WG has their sacred modes that they treat players better in. You may think that is ok or right which is fine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I don't think it is right. I think any player, in a game about ships, should have access through normal play at any ship. Find some other way to reward those who feel they need something special to validate their play not ships.

• Cool 9
  • Bad 1