You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MyTeamIsProbPotato

Stalingrad matchmaking?

15 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
52 posts
5,583 battles

Has anyone who recently acquired Stalingrad notice that the teams they get put on are awful trash game after game?

it seems like wg puts you with lower skilled players just because the ship is powerful

i average a 56-70% win rate in most if not all my t10s

i have a 44% win rate in my stalin, 44%... i do extremely well in the ship and usually top of scoreboard every game.

anyone else notice this?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[-TKS-]
Members
402 posts
7,473 battles

HMMM I must be super duper unicum cause ive been put on awful teams for some time now . wg trying to keep me down …… I see no difference in match making 

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,905 posts
4,253 battles

probably low sample size, generally i dont find the ship overly strong, and its very hard to influence a game outside raw damage.

[PLPT]
Members
204 posts
9,513 battles

I've had Stalingrad since she was available, but haven't noticed any difference in mm.

[O7]
Members
752 posts
13,616 battles

It is all down to RNG, but i get the same feeling in bourgogne, 170k avg damage using mostly AP but clinging to a 61% solo winrate barely.

• Bad 1

[-BRS-]
Members
985 posts
29,238 battles

It fells like Stalin is a great ship on a CW team or in a strong Div, but alone in randoms it is a struggle.  Some one with a little more incite then I might be able to tell us why or if it just me.

[O7]
Members
752 posts
13,616 battles
19 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

It fells like Stalin is a great ship on a CW team or in a strong Div, but alone in randoms it is a struggle.  Some one with a little more incite then I might be able to tell us why or if it just me.

This could be part of the issue OP has, Stalinboi suffers greatly when the team lemmingtrains, so playing it solo can be a hazard at best. That being said op is either playing it wrong or getting unlucky because it is still generally strong at T10, not OP, but strong.

[CAST]
Members
1,423 posts
7,924 battles

The biggest strength of the Stalingrad can't be exploited in randoms, so it just becomes another ship that is good in the right hands, but average in the hands of everyone else.  If you are super good with the ship, you can influence the game, but if you are average or worst, then your team has more influence.  Once you learn the strength of the "random" Stalingrad which is a bit different than the strength of the "clan battle" Stalingrad, then the influence on the game will increase and the win rate will reflect that.  There have been a lot of lemming train teams lately, probably because of the PEF missions that everyone is grinding out.  

• Bad 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,577 posts
13,484 battles
32 minutes ago, Murcc said:

The biggest strength of the Stalingrad can't be exploited in randoms

Unless Stalingrad gets different ballistics and loses its HP and bow armor for Randoms, I'm gonna go with "nope" on this.

If anything, I've found Randoms are better for Stalingrad because average players don't know how to mitigate its strengths and so just get exploded all day long.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,423 posts
7,924 battles
Just now, Edgecase said:

Unless Stalingrad gets different ballistics and loses its HP and bow armor for Randoms, I'm gonna go with "nope" on this.

If anything, I've found Randoms are better for Stalingrad because average players don't know how to mitigate its strengths and so just get exploded all day long.

You are not being supported in randoms though, so you are much more likely to not be in a position to exploit the strengths of the ship.  In clan battles, the support from your team allows you to set your ship in a specific spot to really take advantage of its strengths.  The Stalingrad can still be a great ship in randoms in the right hands, just like any good ship is great in the right hands.  I just think clan battles fits the Stalingrads strengths better than randoms does.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,295 posts
10,477 battles

No. MM matches ships not players.

[OPG]
Members
4,221 posts
6,068 battles
1 hour ago, Murcc said:

You are not being supported in randoms though, so you are much more likely to not be in a position to exploit the strengths of the ship.  In clan battles, the support from your team allows you to set your ship in a specific spot to really take advantage of its strengths.  The Stalingrad can still be a great ship in randoms in the right hands, just like any good ship is great in the right hands.  I just think clan battles fits the Stalingrads strengths better than randoms does.

I disagree.  In random battles the chaos of 24 players all doing their own thing, usually captained by people lacking in situational awareness or completely ignorant of basic game mechanics makes the Stalingrad the ultimate potato mashing machine.  There is almost always someone, somewhere, willing to give you broadside, and it's simply a matter of putting yourself into the right posting to find them, and punish them.

In Clan Battles it's incredibly easy to exploit the Stalingrad's weaknesses, the amount of skilled players is far higher than in randoms, smaller teams make it far easier to keep track of and angle towards ships, and most importantly the concentration of the Stalingrad's natural hard counters is far denser. 

Edited by yashma

[PLPT]
Members
204 posts
9,513 battles

The Stalingrad is stronger in randoms imo. Most of the players you face in CBs know not to show you broadside, and generally speaking, have better map awareness. Most randoms...not so much.