Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainKaitoGhost

Would it be possible to give us a premium version of the old tier 6 Cleveland?

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,679
[O_O]
Members
4,835 posts
10,605 battles

I loved my old T6 Cleveland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[PTRGT]
Members
165 posts
25,680 battles

me too it was one of my ships that I didn't feel like I was going to be dead as soon as someone shot me when up tiered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
710
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,874 posts

Soon.....

As I get my tier 8 premium (old) Fubuki...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[T-RIP]
Members
1,477 posts
8,988 battles
12 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

15,000 Steel

lol that's just mean.  :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,260
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,784 posts
12,155 battles
6 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Asking for T6 Cleveland is akin to asking for Belfast to be sold again.

This.  I loved my T6 Cleveland too.  It's time to let it go though.  She deserves to be in T8, not T6.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
111
[GT99]
Members
398 posts
6,392 battles

Cleveland is a crazy bote, I enjoy it more at T8 than when it was at T6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
190
[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,578 posts
1,064 battles

That ship was OP at tier 6. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[DOG]
Members
184 posts
6,920 battles

Dallas is pretty damn good. Between her and Helena (plus new Cleveland) I'm not missing the old one at all.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,727
[RLGN]
Members
9,402 posts
18,804 battles
59 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Cleveland is a crazy bote, I enjoy it more at T8 than when it was at T6.

Crazy only in the sense I never seem to start fires with it, even at T8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,260
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,784 posts
12,155 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Crazy only in the sense I never seem to start fires with it, even at T8.

Fires are generally not a reliable way to make damage.  That's why I don't use DE anymore, I'd rather spend 3 captain skill points on something else.  Usually, anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,250
[SALVO]
Members
18,305 posts
18,887 battles
24 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Fires are generally not a reliable way to make damage.  That's why I don't use DE anymore, I'd rather spend 3 captain skill points on something else.  Usually, anything else.

I don't know about that, where CL's are involved.  Fires can be fairly reliable if you have good fire damage production management skills.  That is, watching for ships that have just used their  DC party.  Getting a BB on fire but only starting one fire, unless you know that he won't have a DC party for a while, in which case you try for as many fires as possible.  But if you think that he might put out a 2nd fire, then just switch to another BB and put a fire on him, and so on.  

It's harder to do this with DDs because their fire starting chance is so much lower.  But as long as RNG isn't trolling you, cruisers can produce fire damage fairly reliably, IF you are careful to manage things to keep a fire burning rather than give an enemy BB a reason to just use their DC party.  OTOH, sometimes, you might want to force them to use a DC party, if you see torps inbound on that enemy ship and think that they're not yet detected by the enemy.  You might be able to get the enemy ship to use his DC party before he sees the torps, and allow the torps to get a perma-flood going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,529
[90THD]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,544 posts
13,189 battles

ah the good ole days...now ya got me reminiscing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,260
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,784 posts
12,155 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't know about that, where CL's are involved.  Fires can be fairly reliable if you have good fire damage production management skills.  That is, watching for ships that have just used their  DC party.  Getting a BB on fire but only starting one fire, unless you know that he won't have a DC party for a while, in which case you try for as many fires as possible.  But if you think that he might put out a 2nd fire, then just switch to another BB and put a fire on him, and so on.  

It's harder to do this with DDs because their fire starting chance is so much lower.  But as long as RNG isn't trolling you, cruisers can produce fire damage fairly reliably, IF you are careful to manage things to keep a fire burning rather than give an enemy BB a reason to just use their DC party.  OTOH, sometimes, you might want to force them to use a DC party, if you see torps inbound on that enemy ship and think that they're not yet detected by the enemy.  You might be able to get the enemy ship to use his DC party before he sees the torps, and allow the torps to get a perma-flood going.

You're more likely to get more fires by more shells, than you are pumping the chance of fire per each shell slightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,394
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,822 posts
10,515 battles

I want my Tier 6 Ognevoi back too..   That was my best ship.

Before the AFT, ExMk, and BFT nerf, these were hellacious terrors.

We always dreaded those 3-man Cleveland divisions when they showed up on the other side.

The only thing worse, was when the 3 Cleveland division showed up on OUR side and we get squat for kills and damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,592 posts
3,809 battles

I got one better introduce new space battles at tier 6 this time around and introduce premium tier 6 Cleveland with space camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,769
[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles

Heaven knows, there were enough ships in the class that a duplicate shouldn't be hard to do. I am tempted to nominate USS Little Rock, not distinguished in combat but noteworthy as the only remaining member of the class still in existence (as a guided-missile cruiser conversion).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,250
[SALVO]
Members
18,305 posts
18,887 battles
12 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

You're more likely to get more fires by more shells, than you are pumping the chance of fire per each shell slightly.

It depends on the non-DE fire starting chance as to the value of DE.  If the fire chance of a hit is 4%, then adding DE (+2%) increases the fire start chance by 50%.  But if you add DE to a gun whose fire start chance is already 20%, then the increase is only 10%.  The greater the base fire start chance, the less valuable DE is.  So as a general rule, DE is most valuable to DDs and least valuable for BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[WOLF5]
Members
349 posts
6,574 battles

I would like this as well.  Not sure why but WG does this but on the US cruiser line, the difference between tier 6 and 7 is massive.  In tier 6, we only have the Pensacola and Dallas.  While on tier 7, we have the Atlanta (awesome ship), New Orlenans, Helana (another one of my favorite), Indianapolis AND Boise (great ship too).  so 2 ships in tier 6 and a whopping 5 ships in tier 7.

 

P.S.:  I forgot the Flint too on Tier 7.  That is a massive difference between the  tiers.

Edited by bigbearbeear
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,358
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,283 posts
10,449 battles

Hmmm.... I could see a sister ship coming in at tier 7 premium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[JTF67]
Members
62 posts
3,413 battles

Boise is a Brooklyn class CL so perhaps they could do a Tier VI premium version and name her Brooklyn as a down tiered Boise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,037
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,457 posts
9,415 battles

This is actually not a bad idea. I'm just not sure how they could make it not strictly better than Dallas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×