You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mlsbionic

P.E. Friedrick

45 comments in this topic

[SBT]
Members
94 posts
3,243 battles

I feel like it lacks heavily at mid range to close up against BB's.

I can destroy cruisers there, but you can do that with any BB.

But up against other BB's close, it's losing every time.

I'm just let down, even though it's just tier VI, but still. 

Thoughts?

No negative or nasty, or personal attacks. Keep it classy and be nice people. 

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

It’s crap, I saw a good WR players using it in Co-op because he can’t find anyone to div and he is sick of the RNG. 

[WOLF6]
Members
768 posts
6,825 battles

I shoot an Atlanta from 13km with HE and detonated it.  The next volley was AP against a Leanders side from 5km and it gets 2 penetrations, 2 over pens, and 0 damage.
Overall story #2 is how it's played out.

Members
4,251 posts

Overall, from what I've read of the PEF it looks to play like a Mutsu.  Weak armor but with less firepower.

[PTRGT]
Members
166 posts
25,749 battles

its ok, faster than most BB's in its tier. Pretty Tanky... but the guns other than point blank range the shells have a hard time hitting the water let alone any ships....

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
4,838 posts
10,623 battles
23 minutes ago, mlsbionic said:

I'm just let down, even though it's just tier VI, but still. Thoughts?

Well, this is the 43rd thread in the last two weeks about the PEF.  But, I of course I will be civil.

As stated in the previous 43+ threads on the topic...the PEF is a battleCRUISER, not a battleship.  It requires you to play it differently than you would a traditional battleship.  It does have trouble doing damage to other battleships (I'm guessing you are seeing a lot of 1,050 damage salvos), unless you aim differently.  With other battleships, you can aim at the waterline on red battleships.  With PEF, you need to aim for the deck or superstructure.  However, PEF has no trouble deleting cruisers, unless her infamous unpredictable dispersion gets in the way.

Play PEF like a battlecruiser...not quite a battleship, not quite a cruiser.  Do that and you may not be so frustrated.

• Cool 6

[PVE]
Members
12,459 posts
8,490 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

Well, this is the 43rd thread in the last two weeks about the PEF.  But, I of course I will be civil.

As stated in the previous 43+ threads on the topic...the PEF is a battleCRUISER, not a battleship.  It requires you to play it differently than you would a traditional battleship.  It does have trouble doing damage to other battleships (I'm guessing you are seeing a lot of 1,050 damage salvos), unless you aim differently.  With other battleships, you can aim at the waterline on red battleships.  With PEF, you need to aim for the deck or superstructure.  However, PEF has no trouble deleting cruisers, unless her infamous unpredictable dispersion gets in the way.

Play PEF like a battlecruiser...not quite a battleship, not quite a cruiser.  Do that and you may not be so frustrated.

Well said

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,882 posts
36 minutes ago, mlsbionic said:

I feel like it lacks heavily at mid range to close up against BB's.

I can destroy cruisers there, but you can do that with any BB.

I'm just let down, even though it's just tier VI, but still. 

Thoughts?

Angle so they bounce and shoot upper belt/superstructure.

Alternatively,  fire HE until you have 2 permanent fires then shoot ap at uppers.

[-GDP-]
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

I heard the ship is only fun in Co-op. In Random, the RNG shells makes it very unreliable against cruisers while DD will just sneak up on you and torp. 

• Bad 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,406 posts
9,527 battles
12 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

I heard the ship is only fun in Co-op. In Random, the RNG shells makes it very unreliable against cruisers while DD will just sneak up on you and torp. 

Not so, it's an average ship, not a bad one. You can do well against cruisers and destroyers. It falls short against battleships.

As for co-op, yeah I know some of you just love that stuff, but for me, it's mind numbingly boring.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,092 posts
10,961 battles
1 hour ago, mlsbionic said:

Everyone seem to forget that with every post about a ship that is NOT working for them, check the OP profile. From there, it a whole different story

Anyway, back to the topic, your play style is about bb, your aiming is at 25% at t8, that pretty slow. The best thing is to practice from low tier up, as it seem that you rushed through each USN bb. You don't have enough experiences. Also don't have high expectation when you are just average performer, you are not there yet, but with practice it will come

1 hour ago, mlsbionic said:

I citadel a Nagato and won, I can hunt dd and surprise them. May I ask that do you switch amo type depending on what target you are shooting at? That is another skills

Edited by ObiphanKenobi

Members
97 posts
2,652 battles

It’s a weird ship. I don’t quite like it but I’ve had some 100k+ games in her. LWM’s review gives you hints on how you can play it. It is tanks if you don’t get too focused. She’s pretty hard to cit at equal tier. Her snout is vulnerable if not angled well. Her secondaries are fun so I usually play aggressively. I chose the rudder shift upgrade to dodge torps and it helps. The key to doing well with her is to aim properly. Go for cuts on cruisers or center mass. At range I’ve blapped a few cruisers but up close it can over pen. I don’t even go for cits now on BBs, I go for the undamaged sections. You don’t know how many one on ones I’ve won with other BBs due to secondaries and smart shot placement. It’s a hard ship to consistently do well in but it’s fun when you do.

Edited by KnifeInUrNeck

[-GDP-]
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

If you love RNG shells than you will love this ship, why would anyone have fun in this ship in Random is weird. Don't mentioned brawling because there are better BBs at brawling like that tier 6 french premium BB.

[SBT]
Members
94 posts
3,243 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

I didn't say I was frustrated, just disappointed. I figured out how to play it fairly quickly, I just don't like it.

[SBT]
Members
94 posts
3,243 battles
1 hour ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Everyone seem to forget that with every post about a ship that is NOT working for them, check the OP profile. From there, it a whole different story

Anyway, back to the topic, your play style is about bb, your aiming is at 25% at t8, that pretty slow. The best thing is to practice from low tier up, as it seem that you rushed through each USN bb. You don't have enough experiences. Also don't have high expectation when you are just average performer, you are not there yet, but with practice it will come

I citadel a Nagato and won, I can hunt dd and surprise them. May I ask that do you switch amo type depending on what target you are shooting at? That is another skills

First, that's a personal attack. And if you actually checked my info in detail you'll see I'm half good in BB's, have an above average K/D ratio in a few.

Let's also point out that no one asked got to go creep their player profile and give unsolicited advice based on your assumptions made lacking all of the facts. 

I asked for this on the ship. 

Second, I never said it didn't work for me, I said I was disappointed. 

Now if you continue to post pot shots and personal attacks I will report you. 

Edited by mlsbionic
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[USNDD]
Members
52 posts
3,177 battles

Play passively, watch TV when you are playing this trash. Just for finishing the mission for steel. After that forget about this ship in your port

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,092 posts
10,961 battles
10 minutes ago, mlsbionic said:

First, that's a personal attack. And if you actually checked my info in detail you'll see I'm half good in BB's, have an above average K/D ratio in a few.

Second, I never said it didn't work for me, I said I was disappointed. 

Now if you continue to post pot shots and personal attacks I will report you. 

you are disappointed because you expectation of the PEF is higher then your skills, and I am not attack you, I am addressing why PEF is not working out for you and gave you a suggestion to get it better. Some time truth hurt, but people some time need reality check.

I addressing your disappointment with back up evidence I found from your profile, it showed a lot more info but I just going to pick on your bb t8 for example. If you cant take it, well, so be it.

[SBT]
Members
94 posts
3,243 battles
8 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

you are disappointed because you expectation of the PEF is higher then your skills, and I am not attack you, I am addressing why PEF is not working out for you and gave you a suggestion to get it better. Some time truth hurt, but people some time need reality check.

I addressing your disappointment with back up evidence I found from your profile, it showed a lot more info but I just going to pick on your bb t8 for example. If you cant take it, well, so be it.

Dude, you cannot go tell someone why they are disappointed. You cannot go into someone's mind and tell them they are disappointed for reasons other than what they are disappointed about. You're not me. 

I stated why I am disappointed with the ship. That's it. 

I did not ask you to creep my profile and assume you know my playing style based on the few numbers you can see. I didn't, at all. 

You have no clue what my playing style is, what I do well in our don't do well in, what mood I'm in when I'm playing that effects my ability, or if my children are around when I play which effect my focus. 

You don't know that my first 500 games I played horribly because I had no clue and zero interest in learning at the time, which severely effected my metrics. 

You've guessed that I rushed a line, good for you. I rushed everything to get to what I like and want to play. 

All this weird creepy nonsense from you, that no one asked for. 

I asked for thoughts on the ship. 

ON THE SHIP.

Not some creepy crap you're pulling. 

Please don't respond. Please go away. 

Edited by mlsbionic

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,092 posts
10,961 battles

why is it that I am not disappointed while I play PEF ???

OH, perhaps I am used and abused PEF as the ss showed

Edited by ObiphanKenobi

[-GDP-]
2,581 posts
1,075 battles

You played it like 15 times in Random.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,092 posts
10,961 battles
3 minutes ago, mlsbionic said:

ON THE SHIP.

yo dude, disclaimer, I am not intended to attack, everyone here is trying to assist you with your problem with the PEF. I suggest you take a deep breath, go outside, then go back and think about it.

- everything now a day, if you said something, and had nothing to back it up, would anyone believed you? I stated that your play style and aiming need improvement and you rushed through some ships without knowing you (and I was right), and evidences are in your profiles, they are everywhere. But just to narrow it down to 1 example for people to follow through. I suggest you get more practices so that later you get better and enjoy the game.

So, I believed I did not do anything wrong, apart from trying to help you in the most honest way.

[NAUTI]
Members
342 posts
873 battles
16 minutes ago, mlsbionic said:

Dude, you cannot go tell someone why they are disappointed. You cannot go into someone's mind and tell them they are disappointed for reasons other than what they are disappointed about. You're not me. 

I stated why I am disappointed with the ship. That's it. 

I did not ask you to creep my profile and assume you know my playing style based on the few numbers you can see. I didn't, at all. 

You have no clue what my playing style is, what I do well in our don't do well in, what mood I'm in when I'm playing that effects my ability, or if my children are around when I play which effect my focus. 

You don't know that my first 500 games I played horribly because I had no clue and zero interest in learning at the time, which severely effected my metrics. 

You've guessed that I rushed a line, good for you. I rushed everything to get to what I like and want to play. 

All this weird creepy nonsense from you, that no one asked for. 

ON THE SHIP.

Please don't respond. Please go away. 

lol, just because he looked up your stats and called you on being a baddie doesn't make him creepy. Do you realize how whiny and butthurt you sound?

[SBT]
Members
94 posts
3,243 battles
Just now, ObiphanKenobi said:

yo dude, disclaimer, I am not intended to attack, everyone here is trying to assist you with your problem with the PEF. I suggest you take a deep breath, go outside, then go back and think about it.

- everything now a day, if you said something, and had nothing to back it up, would anyone believed you? I stated that your play style and aiming need improvement and you rushed through some ships without knowing you (and I was right), and evidences are in your profiles, they are everywhere. But just to narrow it down to 1 example for people to follow through. I suggest you get more practices so that later you get better and enjoy the game.

So, I believed I did not do anything wrong, apart from trying to help you in the most honest way.

Dude I asked for this on the ship. I did not say i had a problem playing the ship. 

How you inferred any of that is a mystery. 

What you did was not related and was rude and creepy. 

Please leave me alone. 

[TOAST]
Members
958 posts
8,227 battles

You know at first I wasn't too fond of the main guns. After I stopped thinking of it like a battleship at all and just a very forgiving cruiser I had much better games. I've been printing more games like this...

Screenshot (897).png