Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

PEF like Mission - Rent ships for the mission possible in the future?

5 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,146 posts
14,194 battles

One of the PEF missions is asking for the Perth or Haida in a mission. Both ships I do not have in port. Would it be possible to rent those ships for these special missions like they have for clan wars? I think this opportunity would allow the player to complete the full mission with the rented ships and will give the player an opportunity to experience the rented ship for a possible purchase in the future. Just wondering if this would be possible. Any downsides for this suggestion?

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,646 posts
2,637 battles

Remember you can also use pef (assuming you are talking about the 4 million credit grind for commonwealth)

Dowsides:

Idiot drivers. Could never trust a premium ship again

Lost revenue. Why buy a ship when you can just rent it. It's a solid no from wg.

I think it's a good idea on the whole though. I love Warthunders test drive feature, yet I have never used it to buy a tank/ship. It's fun to hop in a ship you have never played and will probably never get to play. What would be ideal is if players could test sail premiums. No credits, expirence, or even commanders. Just roll around with no upgrades or camo or anything, and shoot afk ships and shoot down planes. At the very most make them only available for co-op games with no reward

Could also help new players pick a ship class instead of rushing down something. Almost all classes pkay completely different at low tiers

Edited by _1204_

[SIDE]
Members
1,419 posts
9,527 battles
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

Remember you can also use pef (assuming you are talking about the 4 million credit grind for commonwealth)

Dowsides:

Idiot drivers. Could never trust a premium ship again

Lost revenue. Why buy a ship when you can just rent it. It's a solid no from wg.

I think it's a good idea on the whole though. I love Warthunders test drive feature, yet I have never used it to buy a tank/ship. It's fun to hop in a ship you have never played and will probably never get to play. What would be ideal is if players could test sail premiums. No credits, expirence, or even commanders. Just roll around with no upgrades or camo or anything, and shoot afk ships and shoot down planes. At the very most make them only available for co-op games with no reward

Could also help new players pick a ship class instead of rushing down something. Almost all classes pkay completely different at low tiers

If you're undecided on a ship line there is google, or try the forums. Also, there are plenty of premium ship and even tech tree ship reviews on youtube.

New players can easily avail themselves of the above resources without resorting to a rental system. Besides, how exactly are you really going to get a 'feel' for a ship with a bare-bones ship and playing against mindless bots? I'll answer my own question: you're not.

Edited by _Rumple_

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,646 posts
2,637 battles
42 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

If you're undecided on a ship line there is google, or try the forums. Also, there are plenty of premium ship and even tech tree ship reviews on youtube.

New players can easily avail themselves of the above resources without resorting to a rental system. Besides, how exactly are you really going to get a 'feel' for a ship with a bare-bones ship and playing against mindless bots? I'll answer my own question: you're not.

So it wont help you, but it might help somebody else. Give them something to work towards. It might not be the most important feature, but I was adding to the OPs suggestion...

[SIDE]
Members
1,419 posts
9,527 battles
7 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

So it wont help you, but it might help somebody else. Give them something to work towards. It might not be the most important feature, but I was adding to the OPs suggestion...

Well it won't help WG, they are in this for a profit. They make pretty good coin from premium ship sales. I should know, I have nearly every premium in the game, however I can guarantee I would have a lot less had there been a rental available. If you want to know about a ship or tech tree line then google and youtube are the way to go; not rentals.

Edited by _Rumple_

Sign in to follow this