You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

CV rework equipment demounting, Captain respeccing and retraining

31 comments in this topic

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,747 posts
10,278 battles

If you are expecting us to have to suffer through the real testing and balancing of this CV rework debacle, then you better let us do it properly. Yes, we know that you have said a free captain respec window will be happening, however, I haven't seen how long this window will be. My guess is it will be a short sub 1 week window like normal. This is not at all adequate for such a huge sweeping unbalanced change.

We are going to see a lot of changes over the next 2 or 3 patches at least as they try to figure it out and balance it properly. The meta will shift dramatically during each patch, with excessive CV's at the beginning of the patches while people try out new changes and get the curiosity out of their systems before the mm pool evens up a little bit. Half way through a patch, people are going to figure out that certain builds need to redone due to changing details or meta or that they want to change it up and test different things out.

to quote someone on discord: WG: "here, we're trying to figure all this junk out, but to try and figure it out along with us, you have to keep paying us to redo stuff."

WG, if you want to use everyone on the live server,(where people are actually paying money) as guinea pigs, don't be a bunch of tightwads and force us to pay doubloons and time earned in game currency to try to adapt to a sweeping change like this (which will likely undergo multiple changes and tweaks) before its finished to test and try different things out the entirety of the patches where this testing and balancing is happening.

Let us have free captain respecs, captain retrainings and upgrade demounts for the duration of every patch until the Cv rework balancing is completed! Let us truly test your CV rework out in its entirety. Show us that you really appreciate your player base suffering through this and doing your testing for you and allow us to truly test things out in their entirety.

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 16
  • Bad 2

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,072 battles
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

Don't worry the CV rework has been tested and it's fine!

image.png.57f72c2d20c3a2c64f07fde492556963.png

This would be more amusing if they have pretty much admitted the opposite

Edited by LubzinNJ

[MIA-E]
Members
2,726 posts
7,586 battles
Just now, LubzinNJ said:

This would be more amusing if they have pretty much admitted the obvious

uhhh what?

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,072 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

uhhh what?

Spellcheck [edited] up i fixed it

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,472 posts
10,162 battles

Final balancing is always done on the live server because the test servers never have enough players to be able to do it there. That is also the reason that Supertesters play unreleased new ships on the live server.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,747 posts
10,278 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Final balancing is always done on the live server because the test servers never have enough players to be able to do it there. That is also the reason that Supertesters play unreleased new ships on the live server.

Consider the pts with the rework an alpha test and now we have to suffer with the beta test on the live server. This isn't them adding a new cruiser or bb line.... They are reworking vast areas of the game mechanics. 

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,747 posts
10,278 battles
1 minute ago, Wombatmetal said:

We won't be doing a final balance, it will be more like a beta test

Exactly, final balance won't be for at least 1 or 2 patches. 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
5,972 posts
7,952 battles
1 minute ago, Wombatmetal said:

We won't be doing a final balance, it will be more like a beta test

the official CV beta test took place in three phases between October and December of last year.

• Bad 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,472 posts
10,162 battles
8 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

the official CV beta test took place in three phases between October and December of last year.

The first test did feel like an alpha but by the second test it was feeling much more finished.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,560 posts
13,442 battles
9 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

And to the OP's point, what we have today in terms of captain skills, ship equipment, and other things that cost doubloons/credits to change looks nothing like what we had then.

Plus, the kinds of numeric tweaking they're talking about doing in the 0.8.0 delay post are exactly the kinds of things that force people to shift around talents, equipment, and even ships in response. So while I generally believe that players should pay their own way to explore new options (and that's part of the game), I do think I'd feel jerked around if their multi-patch adjustment process forced me to continually bleed doubloons to move AA gear or commander talents.

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
5,972 posts
7,952 battles
8 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

And to the OP's point, what we have today in terms of captain skills, ship equipment, and other things that cost doubloons/credits to change looks nothing like what we had then.

Plus, the kinds of numeric tweaking they're talking about doing in the 0.8.0 delay post are exactly the kinds of things that force people to shift around talents, equipment, and even ships in response. So while I generally believe that players should pay their own way to explore new options (and that's part of the game), I do think I'd feel jerked around if their multi-patch adjustment process forced me to continually bleed doubloons to move AA gear or commander talents.

I express neither approval nor disapproval of the OP, in my comment. The only possible implied criticism, being of WG development.

personally looking forward to a 3 month break from WOWS, while scrubs like yourself and the OP do all the testing.:Smile_glasses:

• Bad 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,747 posts
10,278 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

I express neither approval nor disapproval of the OP, in my comment. The only possible implied criticism, being of WG development.

personally looking forward to a 3 month break from WOWS, while scrubs like yourself and the OP do all the testing.:Smile_glasses:

We hope you are looking forward to your 3 month break as much as we are. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
5,972 posts
7,952 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

We hope you are looking forward to your 3 month break as much as we are. 

oh sweetheart..

I'll be sure to keep the forum company, even so :Smile_smile:

[RUST]
Beta Testers
991 posts
11,033 battles

I’d actually go as far as everyone should get free premium time for the duration of patch  8.0.0 as compensation for essentially turning the live server to a game balance test server.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
2,313 posts
19,663 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

Let us have free captain respecs, captain retrainings and upgrade demounts for the duration of every patch until the Cv rework balancing is completed!

Or at least a few day periods of freebies after each patch w/a 2 week period (as not only all CVs but every other ship needs respecs also & that could end up being a lot of respecs for somebody w/a couple hundred ships) of freebies after everything is "balanced".

Members
114 posts
9,076 battles
14 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

PTS barely has more than a few hundred concurrent players. Most battles were against bots with maybe only 1 human in the entire game. Not very ideal for a test. It irritates me that so many people complain about the CV rework like they are an expert because they watched a video but probably never tried it for themselves or even want to try it. 

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,472 posts
10,162 battles
3 hours ago, Der_Eigenvektor said:

PTS barely has more than a few hundred concurrent players. Most battles were against bots with maybe only 1 human in the entire game. Not very ideal for a test. It irritates me that so many people complain about the CV rework like they are an expert because they watched a video but probably never tried it for themselves or even want to try it. 

The PT server was wait forever for a tiny queue dump match in random or a full co-op but likely with lots of bots on your team too. The three test servers which were run on the ST server only had random but with bots filling in so only the first day if that of the test was mostly humans.

Too many of the detractors have made up their mind from people slapping the bots around with ease completely forgetting that even the "smart" bots that the dedicated co-op players have complained about are stupid.

• Cool 2

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
112 posts
4,356 battles

Should have played in the public test, then you'd have a better idea of what you wanted. Even if it is against bots it's still practice.

[TASC]
Members
202 posts
6,541 battles

well for me i have 140 or so ships that i might have to change in some way. that takes time even if i only do the T5-T10 ones that is a lot of ships and a lot of captain respecs to do. i may clear them all and only test a few till it is done then rebuild my fleet. 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
98 posts
6,390 battles

Both PTS rounds were boring as heck, even compared to co-op which I don't mind playing.  Having said that, I was very unhappy with AA cruiser play which has always been my favorite style, DD play when a carrier targets you was hardly an improvement over the current meta, and CV play was either mind numbing easy or "what happened to my planes?"  I really don't feel like being a lab rat during my premium time.  It just wasn't fun. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,472 posts
10,162 battles
23 hours ago, ZER01025 said:

Should have played in the public test, then you'd have a better idea of what you wanted. Even if it is against bots it's still practice.

There will be another PT round because of the delay of 8.0 so this will be the chance for everyone to at least get a feel for how the new system works.

10 hours ago, Fruta_mala said:

Both PTS rounds were boring as heck, even compared to co-op which I don't mind playing.  Having said that, I was very unhappy with AA cruiser play which has always been my favorite style, DD play when a carrier targets you was hardly an improvement over the current meta, and CV play was either mind numbing easy or "what happened to my planes?"  I really don't feel like being a lab rat during my premium time.  It just wasn't fun. 

AA is what needs the most work but blapping squadrons out of the sky because they simply got close is not going to be happening. AA needs to be balanced to multiple attacks instead of the single attack a squadron currently makes.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,065 posts

The rework AA is a mess. 

• Massive changes to the AA effectiveness of some ships make it appear that the ships were just dropped into the new mechanics with no regard for how it affected their AA firepower or the balance of those ships.
  • No range boost from AFT or upgrades hurts teamwork, and makes some ships much less effective even at defending themselves.
  • No overlap of firepower from AA mounts of different sizes (small, medium, large) leaves some ships with holes in their coverage that didn't exist before, and nerfs ships that relied on the combined effect of the guns. 
  • The "sector reinforcement" system is an attractive nuisance, that leads players to think they're doing something to defend themselves, but accomplishes nothing of impact.
  • DefAA no longer causes any loss of accuracy to bombers.