You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GeoBrigade

DDs Still Not Fun To Play

78 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
57 posts
9,198 battles

Hi all, 

With the announcement of the radar change I’d have to say this is a great start to making the DD class playable again. But let’s not end there! BBs are still a huge problem and stealth radar cruiser Minotaur is a big game breaking thing for DDs still. In all honesty why is that a BB from 15+ km away still able to smack a DD around. In true reality DDs shouldn’t be able to get hit accurately by a BB until at least sub 6.5km. Like come on just think about it a little bit, your telling me that a 35+knot DD that can move on a dime can actually be hit by a slow maneuverability, horrible accuracy, and with very slow turret traverse can hit a DD from 15+km, I doubt it. Also, why hasn’t Minotaurs radar been nerfed like the Woosters has yet, hello… Did you think that Wooster radar was broken but have you even ran into a mino with radar? Talk about needing to be fixed… Anyways, I’d like to see your comments below. Tell me do you think that the radar change was good or bad? Do you think that there is more needed into making the DD an actual playable class in the game again?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 16

Members
357 posts
4,306 battles

15 km away? idk...  I would think that if you wiggled more they would miss at such a distance

Edited by Hydra_360ci
  • Cool 2

[O7]
Members
749 posts
13,616 battles

Maybe when the Radar stops working through islands, we can talk about the rest of the balancing issues.

• Cool 3

[KNTAI]
Members
2,184 posts
9,512 battles
2 minutes ago, StatutoryGape said:

Did you think that Wooster radar was broken but have you even ran into a mino with radar? Talk about needing to be fixed… Anyways, I’d like to see your comments below.

Tell me do you think that the radar change was good or bad?

Do you think that there is more needed into making the DD an actual playable class in the game again?

Yes. And I have full respect to those players who go out in their floating citadels in the hopes that they manage to jump a DD before they inevitably get deleted by large caliber AP.

Bad, it doesn’t stop radar from being a zoning tool while also making it less rewarding for cruisers. I rarely put myself into position to die by a radar. If you do that, you’re misplaying. However, I do that by not being as aggressive as I like. Now, I still can’t play as aggressive as Id like while also I now have trouble countering people who misplay.

DDs are mega fun. My second favorite class in the game after cruisers.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,195 battles

DDs are fun to play...the most challenging classes in the game.  why wouldn't it be fun? :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[KSE]
Members
7,729 posts
8,067 battles

I play DDs all the time, at all tiers, so I'd have to say you're flat out wrong. DDs haven't been unplayable. Perhaps you just haven't been able to adjust to the game as it's changed.

"In true reality", my dude, this is a game, an arcade game, not a simulation. The only reality here is the reality WG chooses to make. Also, you haven't got nearly as many rounds in DDs as you do in either BBs or cruisers, BBs having almost 3 times as many rounds as DDs. I suggest you spend more time playing your DDs, so that you can learn and adjust with the changes. More, with almost 3k rounds in BBs, you should already know the whys and why nots of how BBs hit DDs at range. Playing DDs more will show you why your turning and burning, even at range, isn't going to save you from someone who plays DDs and can predict your movements, and can, well, aim.

• Funny 1

[KSE]
Members
7,729 posts
8,067 battles
Just now, evilleMonkeigh said:

Lol did the OP just get forced name change after posting here? Lol.

HAHAHAHA. Oh, that's rich, right there.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,320 posts
2,856 battles
7 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

Can someone post a low quality bait qif?

Got you covered!

923473__safe_rainbow+dash_bait_image+macro_low+quality+bait_meme_needs+more+jpeg_pun_reaction+image_this+is+bait_visual+pun.jpeg

• Funny 1

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,124 posts
9,316 battles

Total bait post.   Who plays a Mino radar unless in a division with a smoke boat?

Members
323 posts

dds are easy mode what are you talking about?  unless you're a mental midget you can sail around completely undetected and dominate the seas the way battleships should.  but don't because of reasons.  in closing, what's the matter with you?  

• Bad 2

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,063 battles

Got you covered!

Cheers. Remember to bump this thread for the mental health of the OP.

The desperate cries for attention make me feel sad. Do some good. Make this last for 6+ pages.

Here, I'll help.

RADAR SHOULD BE REMOVED, THE GAME ORIGINALLY HAD NO RADAR AND DD WERE STILL THE WORST CLASS IN DAMAGE & SURVIVAL.

*tosses away fuel can, walks off without looking back*

HAHAHAHA. Oh, that's rich, right there.

Huh? How is my username offensive?

Edited by evilleMonkeigh
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TDRB]
Members
1,832 posts
6,141 battles
13 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

DDs are fun to play...the most challenging classes in the game.  why wouldn't it be fun? :Smile_amazed:

Because I have a lot of problems driving DD's. Once I improve it will be better.

[O7]
Members
590 posts
13,479 battles
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

Because I have a lot of problems driving DD's. Once I improve it will be better.

I agree.  Dds are really challenging to play.  I don't think it's fair that they have the lowest hp pools as they have to do the most difficult jobs in the game.  We need to buff all dd hp unilaterally.  I would say doubling up all dd health pools would be a good start.

• Cool 2

Members
20,784 posts
5,614 battles
18 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Maybe when the Radar stops working through islands, we can talk about the rest of the balancing issues.

If WG truly gave up on trying to fix that, (I think that's what I read as the reasoning for the radar change) does that mean we'll never speak of the rest of the balancing issues? :Smile_trollface:

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,063 battles

I agree.  Dds are really challenging to play.  I don't think it's fair that they have the lowest hp pools as they have to do the most difficult jobs in the game.  We need to buff all dd hp unilaterally.  I would say doubling up all dd health pools would be a good start.

The circlejerking is a bit sad actually. Let a troll thread stand on its own merits.

[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,195 battles
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

problems meaning? 

but yeah...DDs are different ball game from other ships.  you will love it wit more play. 

i was primarily a CL/CA/BB driver in the beginning, but when i gravitated to DDs...hell fell in love with the Russki! Tashkent is my Fav of all... ^_^ 

Good luck, Capt! :Smile_honoring: 

[O7]
Members
590 posts
13,479 battles
Just now, evilleMonkeigh said:

The circlejerking is a bit sad actually. Let a troll thread stand on its own merits.

So the dd mafia is allowed to make wild claims and demands.  Why can't the opposition do so as well?

• Cool 2

Members
42 posts
1,383 battles

DDs are fun...

Through island radar is the dumbest thing in the game. There is no counterplay. You can't even see the spotter, and the long range BBs are hitting you over the low islands. It's just busted. 

• Cool 1

Members
20,784 posts
5,614 battles
9 minutes ago, Sensai_Lawrence said:

dds are easy mode what are you talking about?  unless you're a mental midget you can sail around completely undetected and dominate the seas the way battleships should. 

Well there's the issue right there. Get all the mental midgets to stop playing DDs, and maybe more people will come around to your way of thinking.

I am curious though, why should BBs dominate? No historical/realistic mumbo jumbo please, that ship got left at the bottom of the harbour several years ago.....

[ONAVY]
Members
976 posts
7,211 battles
4 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

So it will take 10 hits instead of 8??? That ain't going to help ya...

[O7]
Members
590 posts
13,479 battles
1 minute ago, C_D said:

So it will take 10 hits instead of 8??? That ain't going to help ya...

Hmm.  You're probably right.  Better multiply the health by 3.  

Edited by bfk_ferlyfe
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1