Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Final8ty

World of Battleships

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,084
[TMS]
Members
3,608 posts
34,825 battles

Had this twice this week but last time had no CV so one more BB per team

3wcKhm.png 

So i go cap B

KpkXJN.png

Then i head C and the ball of BBs, i cap C.

I already knew that the groz would take B back and warned the team, only the Mon and CV tried to stop B getting taken.

aBMiQA.png

 

I go back to retake B again alone while my team cuddles up at C for the night.

1UIZK6.png

I managed to take back B and take A but the campfestival at C was too much to carry.

lljlHg.png

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,262
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,285 posts
24,703 battles

BB Lemming Trains is the funniest sh*t in this game.  DD players would be drooling with all the big, sluggish targets all in one place.  Shima players will probably prematurely explode the moment they see that many ships, mostly BBs, all clumped in one place.

4 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Games like that are a DD player's wet dream. I envy you. 

Only thing to make it better for the DD in the OP's example is if there was no CV.  With all those BBs and very few DDs, the DDs have free reign to do what they want.  Unless the Minotaurs were one of the very few Radar Minos, there was only one real Radar threat in the match :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553
[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles

Lemmings gonna lemming.

This is pretty much normal from what I see.  Last night on this same map I was one of 2 DDs and 3 minutes into the game 2/3rds of the team were either on the 1 line or 10 line.  Both DDs, one cruiser, one BB was all there was for the middle 80% of the map.  

We lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,084
[TMS]
Members
3,608 posts
34,825 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

BB Lemming Trains is the funniest sh*t in this game.  DD players would be drooling with all the big, sluggish targets all in one place.  Shima players will probably prematurely explode the moment they see that many ships, mostly BBs, all clumped in one place.

Well if only i was on the other side i would of had a feast.

I had too much running around to do to harm damage, retaking caps with no support and a groz and CV hunting me was no joke.

Edited by Final8ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,594
[SALVO]
Members
4,506 posts
20,718 battles
5 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

Well if only i was on the other side i would of had a feast.

I had too much running around to do to harm damage, retaking caps with no support and a groz and CV hunting me was no joke.

 I saw you in a game the other day didn't quite get a kill you but was fun:Smile-_tongue: shima driver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,299
[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Well, to be fair,  you dont need BBs to see those lemming trains. Crusiers and DDs do it as well. This is a habit of bad players in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,084
[TMS]
Members
3,608 posts
34,825 battles
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

 I saw you in a game the other day didn't quite get a kill you but was fun:Smile-_tongue: shima driver

:Smile_playing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,262
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,285 posts
24,703 battles
Just now, Final8ty said:

Well if only i was on the other side i would of had a feast.

The other team it seemed had the right idea.  They contested the map across the board with the usual match tentativeness early in a game.  When it became apparent that your team was pulling a Lemming Train, they smartly continued to get 2/3 caps and just contested your Lemmings out East, bottling your team up.  They lost a Republique and one of their DDs early on it seemed, but their ships in that area did a great job containing all your ships at C long enough until the rest of the team arrived.  What they did there is the ideal performance when you have a smaller group facing a larger group.  Fight enough to delay or stop the cap and contain the enemy until the rest of the muscle of the team arrives.

 

They secured 2/3 caps, most of your team was pinned at C, and the other team's ships that secured A & B converged to help at C and the game was over.

 

Been on both sides of this too many times :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,096
[INTEL]
Members
3,307 posts
18,015 battles

C is a real magnet on that map.  It's hard to convince your team to let the enemy get stuck there and not us.  All it takes is a few ships to keep them busy at C and they either have to back out or sail broadside to get to B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,084
[TMS]
Members
3,608 posts
34,825 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The other team it seemed had the right idea.  They contested the map across the board with the usual match tentativeness early in a game.  When it became apparent that your team was pulling a Lemming Train, they smartly continued to get 2/3 caps and just contested your Lemmings out East, bottling your team up.  They lost a Republique and one of their DDs early on it seemed, but their ships in that area did a great job containing all your ships at C long enough until the rest of the team arrived.  What they did there is the ideal performance when you have a smaller group facing a larger group.  Fight enough to delay or stop the cap and contain the enemy until the rest of the muscle of the team arrives.

 

They secured 2/3 caps, most of your team was pinned at C, and the other team's ships that secured A & B converged to help at C and the game was over.

 

Been on both sides of this too many times :Smile_veryhappy:

As soon as i got on the B cap at the start of the game all the BBs were heading C and i knew it would be a loss 2 mins  into the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,598
[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,190 posts
5,668 battles

The credit grind tasks are pushing people into BBs.  The BB count will sharply reduce once that is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[JHF]
Members
379 posts
8,595 battles

Stick together for mutual AA support from the CV. 
Or... 
if a ship goes alone and the CV kills it, It's their own fault for being alone.
or...
CV's encourage team play.

Is anyone gonna say any of those things, now?

 

Edited by Hydra_360ci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,766
[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,691 battles
1 hour ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Games like that are a DD player's wet dream. I envy you. 

Oh, to have been an Asashio in that match...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
981
[PISD]
Members
1,542 posts
5,742 battles
1 hour ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

Lemmings gonna lemming.

This is pretty much normal from what I see.  Last night on this same map I was one of 2 DDs and 3 minutes into the game 2/3rds of the team were either on the 1 line or 10 line.  Both DDs, one cruiser, one BB was all there was for the middle 80% of the map.  

We lost.

Imagine an Asashio!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
689 posts
5,768 battles

>puts soft cap on DDs in matchmaking

>literally notice nothing changes (I have never in my nearly 4-5k battles experienced over 5 DD per team in a game)

>doesnt put soft cap on BB

>5BB every game

>several 5BB+ games

Will WG be putting a soft cap on battleships ever?

  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
921
[WOLFC]
Members
2,042 posts
10,545 battles
26 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Oh, to have been an Asashio in that match...

Its like the white whale - you see it on the other dang side of the map but by the time you get there, they are all dispersed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,927
[WOLFG]
Members
30,805 posts
9,354 battles

Maybe they were practicing AA defense tactics for after the rework?.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,575
Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
1 hour ago, Xlap said:

Well, to be fair,  you dont need BBs to see those lemming trains. Crusiers and DDs do it as well. This is a habit of bad players in general.

I might be a exception. When I'm driving a Cruiser and I see a Elephant herd, I steer clear of it because I know that the Red DDs are going to spam torpedoes like crazy toward those pachyderms. Also, Duh-Bote drivers tend to not watch where they're going and ram Cruisers and each other often when they're packed together.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,299
[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

I might be a exception. When I'm driving a Cruiser and I see a Elephant herd, I steer clear of it because I know that the Red DDs are going to spam torpedoes like crazy toward those pachyderms. Also, Duh-Bote drivers tend to not watch where they're going and ram Cruisers and each other often when they're packed together.

Yeah when i see a lemming train, my first reaction is :Smile_facepalm:. Than i try to move away from that, see if i can delay the enemy team in another place. Maybe try to make another ship follow me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
183
[AA-DS]
Members
978 posts

Anyone with half a brain and some games under their belt can easily summarise whats going to happen early on, team deployment at the start being 1 primary indicator...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
997
[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,329 posts
13,360 battles

"BBs move up. Stop camping!"

"But Shima torps..."

"The Shima is on OUR TEAM!"

"But torps..."

"There's only one red DD and CV has it spotted!"

"But... But... I just don't like to be hit."

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,262
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,285 posts
24,703 battles
3 hours ago, Final8ty said:

As soon as i got on the B cap at the start of the game all the BBs were heading C and i knew it would be a loss 2 mins  into the game.

 

That map is a place for suckers to do what they do best.  I really hate that map.  It invites the worst play in High Tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×