Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tagline61

How much will "free" cost?

26 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
11 posts
15,722 battles

First off this is not a complaint. If anything just the opposite. Just amusing myself at what Carnac the Magnificent (showing my age) sees for the near future.

Complaints about 8.0 respec's flooding the forum and in-game chat.

With so much information to absorb with the new CV patch, whenever it does actually happen, I see people losing their minds respec'ing their fleets.

I almost never post but I do read the forums almost daily. A stalker if you will.

CV changes, AA changes, concealment, & playstyle issues will abound just to name a few.

I know I will not rush to spec my 150 ships haphazardly, but I expect many will.

Mistakes will occur, minds will change and frustration will flourish.

Not sure how long we will have to keep re-setting to try something different or if it will be a one time deal per vessel.

Salt will flow. Doubloons or elite commander exp will be spent making changes.

Free may end up having a cost.

Well played Wargaming. Cha-ching  :)

Carnac has spoken.

Edited by Tagline61
Spelling
  • Cool 4

[YORHA]
Members
3,793 posts
6,587 battles

As to the Re-Spec my current plan is just to un-spec all of my Captains and then start with my favourite ship in a class (eg. Helena for CLs), spec that and see how it works.  Watch the forums and CCs for ideas and input, modify and when I am happy then move on to the next ship/class and so on and so on and so on one ship at a time.

Absolutely no need to rush any of this.  These changes will be here for a long time.

Actually looking forward to it.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles
5 minutes ago, Tagline61 said:

First off this is not a complaint. If anything just the opposite. Just amusing myself at what Carnac the Magnificent (showing my age) sees for the near future.

With so much information to absorb with the new CV patch, whenever it does actually happen, I see people loosing their minds respec'ing their fleets.

I almost never post but I do read the forums almost daily. A stalker if you will.

CV changes, AA changes, concealment, & playstyle issues will abound just to name a few.

I know I will not rush to spec my 150 ships haphazardly, but I expect many will.

Not sure how long we will have to keep re-setting to try something different or if it will be a one time deal per vessel.

Carnac has spoken.

We don't know how long any Cmdr respec period will last. If WG does it like they did for the big 6.0 skill changes in Jan 2017, then they will reset all the Cmdr skills and everything will be 0 skills picked / X numbers of skill points to use, e.g. 0/10 for a 10pt Cmdr. 

Just now, JCC45 said:

As to the Re-Spec my current plan is just to un-spec all of my Captains and then start with my favourite ship in a class (eg. Helena for CLs), spec that and see how it works.  Watch the forums and CCs for ideas and input, modify and when I am happy then move on to the next ship/class and so on and so on and so on one ship at a time.

Absolutely no need to rush any of this.  These changes will be here for a long time.

This is my plan. Just change a few I am grinding and once I'm conformable, then change the rest as needed.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
886 posts

Looking forward to the respec also - have some ships that need changing.

Planning on using this as a prelim guide:

One of my clanmates is even going as far a taking a screenshot of every CO in his port as is (132 if remember correctly).

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles
Just now, jmanII said:

Looking forward to the respec also - have some ships that need changing.

Planning on using this as a prelim guide:

One of my clanmates is even going as far a taking a screenshot of every CO in his port as is (132 if remember correctly).

@Counter_Gambit helped me with a Spreadsheet back in November, so it was just in time for this.

Or you can just write down what each Cmdr has in a notepad, which was what I was doing before the spreadsheet. It is fine for some Cmdrs, but once you get a lot of them, using a spreadsheet to organize is a good thing.

• Cool 2

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,393 posts
13,932 battles
33 minutes ago, Tagline61 said:

With so much information to absorb with the new CV patch, whenever it does actually happen, I see people losing their minds respec'ing their fleets.

Carnac has spoken.

This free to play game.... I could go five star to Costa Rica for two weeks on how free this game is.... 

See the source image

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,038 posts
5,474 battles

The last time we had a free global respec, I think we had about a week - certainly a few days - to make as many changes as we wanted. It wasn't a one-and-done thing.

Members
20,784 posts
5,614 battles

I think the best thing to do, especially if you have a lot of ships, is just play a small but varied selection, test them thoroughly, and then extrapolate.

If, for example, AFT doesn't do squat for your best AA ship, it's not going to do anything for a lesser one.

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles
29 minutes ago, Abides said:

This free to play game.... I could go five star to Costa Rica for two weeks on how free this game is.... 

The game is free to play, but not free to develop. If you want play for free, be prepared to spend time grinding things for free. If you want things fast, be prepared to spend $$.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,393 posts
13,932 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

The game is free to play, but not free to develop. If you want play for free, be prepared to spend time grinding things for free. If you want things fast, be prepared to spend $$.

it was a joke, nevermind.

[KSE]
Members
7,729 posts
8,067 battles

I won't change much as to my captains, the builds will still be needed and viable in the new WoWs world.

[ALL41]
Members
150 posts
4,956 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

@Counter_Gambit helped me with a Spreadsheet back in November, so it was just in time for this.

Or you can just write down what each Cmdr has in a notepad, which was what I was doing before the spreadsheet. It is fine for some Cmdrs, but once you get a lot of them, using a spreadsheet to organize is a good thing.

My request to WG when they reset all of our captain's skills would maybe have a shadow checkmark next to the skills we had previously spec'd for each one.   If we decide to choose the new skill, same as the old one, you'd merely re-check that shadowed checkmark.  

It'd speed the process when going through dozens (hundreds?) of captains, and save a lot of pencil lead.    :cap_cool:  

Edited by ThumperD702

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
838 posts
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

This ^^^^^ just zero everything out during the respec period, then just casually set them back as you play a ship and there is no need to worry about rushing to beat the date.

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles
1 hour ago, Abides said:

it was a joke, nevermind.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Drax I'm not. I don't have his reflexes. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles
41 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

My request to WG when they reset all of our captain's skills would maybe have a shadow checkmark next to the skills we had previously spec'd for each one.   If we decide to choose the new skill, same as the old one, you'd merely re-check that shadowed checkmark.  

It'd speed the process when going through dozens (hundreds?) of captains, and save a lot of pencil lead.    :cap_cool:  

Sounds reasonable, but since people have been asking for an uncheck all on the signal flags, I'm betting that very well may not happen.

Screen shots are good, but you have to rifle through them. A notepad or spreadsheet works better. PM me if you want me to send you a copy of my spreadsheet that @Counter_Gambit made for me. Anyone else too.

Edited by Kizarvexis
spelling

[YORHA]
Members
3,793 posts
6,587 battles
1 hour ago, Abides said:

See the source image

So at a little over 13,000 battles at say an average of 15 minutes per you have had appx. 3.269 hours of entertainment.

2 weeks in Costa Rica (or anywhere else) is 336 hours of entertainment.

You are ahead of the game by a factor of 10X!

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
69 posts
1,821 battles

It may have already been said, but it would be awesome to be able to pull up a grid in port with ships in rows and camo/flags in columns. From that grid you could have a pull down menu in one cell to set your camo and radio buttons or check boxes to select your flags - all on one page for all of your ships.  It could have an option to print out the current settings, as well.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,283 posts
10,449 battles

272 ships in port. I will take my time. Likely most of the year lol.

Alpha Tester
352 posts
8,300 battles

How about upgraded modules, will they also be de-mounted for no charge? Some of them are directly related to the upcoming changes.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,415 posts
28,220 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The last time we had a free global respec, I think we had about a week - certainly a few days - to make as many changes as we wanted. It wasn't a one-and-done thing.

Yes I remember the same thing.  Thats the logical way the CV respec should be.  But again, we are talking about WG.

[WOLF1]
Members
3,796 posts
1,512 battles

Probably just zero them out, and you can set them as you run into them.  No window to worry about that way.  Obviously, have a 'window' of time where respecs are free, while we're actively testing against the live beta rework, but after that, a captain that you never got to will be zeroed out, so you can set his skills with the knowledge gleaned from the rework.

[NWNG]
Members
2,551 posts
4,405 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Sounds reasonable, but since people have been asking for an uncheck all on the signal flags, I'm betting that very well may not happen.

Screen shots are good, but you have to rifle through them. A notepad or spreadsheet works better. PM me if you want me to send you a copy of my spreadsheet that @Counter_Gambit made for me. Anyone else too.

For some reason, the spreadsheets I have, have been corrupted. And I was working on means of making it better too. Think you could send me the spreadsheet?

[NOBS]
Members
1,025 posts
7,546 battles

Wait, I don't want all my captains reset to 0, AA builds will be AA builds, some boats will never get AA builds, why reset them?

Sign in to follow this