You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

PSA - Some Buffs Coming

18 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
758 posts
7,344 battles

Watching the WOWS Stream and there are some buffs coming for a few ships .... didn't get all the details, but basics are:

• Agile: Torp Range 7 to 8 km
  • Dunkerque - Main Bat Reload 28 to 26 sec
  • Sims - Torps Base, 5.5 to 7 km / Alt: Torps 9.2 to 10.5, (also more damage, slightly more time to reload)
  • Mahan - Main Bat Reload 4 to 3.3 sec
  • Colorado - Sigma 1.9 to 2.0
  • Kiev - Add Repair to Smoke Slot, 
  • Ognevoi - Repair to Extra Slot
  • Udaloi -  - Repair to Extra Slot
  • Nagato - Reload reduced 32 to 30 sec
  • Kii - Main bat 31 to 30; 10 km torps
  • Izumo - Sigma from 1.8 to 2.0

They Forgot ONE ... just added Hood - Sigma from 1.9 to 2.0 and better fuse time on shells.

Edited by DocWalker
They added Hood
  • Cool 2

[JASH]
Members
3,603 posts
9,191 battles

Even though they're quite different from one another, but ironically successively in the same tech tree ship branch, I've enjoyed Ogenvoi (233 battles) and Udaloi at lot. Now that I've promoted that captain to Grozovoi, I need to train up a pair of skilled captains to backfill those two boats. 

//Everything is contingent on how CVs, and AA get balanced out and where the subsequent meta lands. Until that happens nothing is certain about what I'll do going forward.

WG has moved toward much great transparency but I think they still haven't caught onto the value of maintaining a certain level of certainty for the player base looking forward. 

Edited by MrKilmister

[MIA-E]
Members
2,726 posts
7,586 battles
1 minute ago, sansfaille said:

Radar is getting nerfed.

They've talked about this a few times, making it so the ship that triggers radar is the only ship who can see a ship for a while, etc.

Are they finally talking more about this?

[FARQD]
Members
482 posts
6,864 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

They've talked about this a few times, making it so the ship that triggers radar is the only ship who can see a ship for a while, etc.

Are they finally talking more about this?

Yeah late rendering for ships other than the radar ships by  "X" time. X is unknown. 

[NDA]
Supertester
5,067 posts
14,855 battles

I hope someday WG sees fit to give the Roma some love in the form of Main Battery Accuracy. Its a good ship that most of the time can't hit a broadside ship at close range. 

[MIA-E]
Members
2,726 posts
7,586 battles

I also wonder how many buffs the CO will get.

Same with Izumo.

Both will be on what, 4?

[PVE]
Members
12,411 posts
8,469 battles

From the Facebook Dev blog

ST. Balance changes.

The ships listed below showed a statistical lag among the ships of their tier and class. Taking into account the individual characteristics of each of them, we made a number of balance edits that increase their efficiency.

Japanese battleship Izumo, tier IX:

Sigma has been increased from 1.8 to 2.0.
The battleship will become more potent in battle by increasing the accuracy of the guns, which will compensate for the specific arrangement of the main battery.

Japanese battleship Kii, tier VIII:

Main Battery reload time reduced from 31 to 30 seconds;
The torp stats have been changed:
Range has been increased from 6 to 10 km;
Speed has been reduced from 63 to 62 kn;
Maximum damage has been increased from 14 600 to 17 233.
Thus, the battleship will have more opportunities for the use of its torpedo tubes, which will no longer be a 'last ditch' weapon, the use of which required to players to expose the broadside of the ship to enemy fire because of the restricted launch angles.

Japanese battleship Nagato, tier VII:

Main Battery reload time reduced from 32 to 30 seconds.
Reduced reloading time will emphasize the role of Nagato as a battleship with good maneuverability and a small number of accurate guns, at the cost of armour protection.

American battleship Colorado, tier VII:

Sigma has been increased from 1.9 to 2.0.
The new Sigma will distinguish the battleship as a slow ship, with decent maneuverability, good armor and a small number of accurate guns.

French battleship Dunkerque, tier VI:

Main Battery reload time reduced from 28 to 26 seconds.
Reducing the reload time will compensate for the small caliber, making the battleship better balanced with other battleships on the tier VI.

British battleship Hood, tier VII:

Sigma has been increased from 1.9 to 2.0;
AP fuse delay increased from 0.015 to 0.033 seconds 
Due to the new fuse timings, armor-piercing shells will detonate more often in the citadel of the armored ships, but will result in more overpenetrations of lightly armored targets.

French destroyer Aigle, tier VI:

Torpedo range has been increased from 7 to 8 km;
Increasing the range of the torpedoes will grant the French destroyer a larger window within which to launch torpedoes whilst remaining unspotted by the enemy, and will allow for more opportunities in battle to strike battleships.

American destroyer Mahan, tier VII:

Main Battery reload time reduced from 4 to 3.3 seconds.
Despite the fact that the destroyer has one of the best damage per minute statistics at her tier, the specific ballistics of guns often does not allow this ship to realize this advantage when engaged with other destroyers. The new parameter, though it won't change the features of the main battery ballistics, will significantly increase the efficiency in combat with enemy destroyers at close range.

American destroyer Sims, tier VII:

The base torp stats have been changed:
Range has been increased from 5.5 to 7 km;
The alternative torp stats have been changed:
Range has been increased from 9.2 to 10.5 km;
Maximum damage has been increased from 8500 to 9667.
Reload time been increased from 72 to 76 seconds.
Changing the characteristics of the base and alternative torpedoes emphasizes the difference between the two styles of gameplay available to Sims:

'High Risk, High Reward' game from torpedoes with a short range and good speed, causing a lot of damage;
comparatively safe option with a greater distance to the enemy, but with less damage and low speed torpedoes.

Soviet destroyers Ognevoi, tier VIII and Udaloi, tier IX:

"Repair Party" consumable has been added to the extra slot:
Number of charges: 1 (Repair Party I) and 2 (Repair Party II);
Reload time: 120 (Repair Party I) and 80 (Repair Party II) seconds;
Duration: 28 seconds.
The efficiency 0,5% of HP per second

Soviet destroyer Kiev, tier VIII:

"Repair Party" consumable has been added to slot with ‎"Smoke Generator":
Number of charges: 1 (Repair Party I) and 2 (Repair Party II);
Reload time: 120 (Repair Party I) and 80 (Repair Party II) seconds;
Duration: 28 seconds.
The efficiency 0,5% of HP per second
Adding the consumable "Repair Party" will allow for more effective fights with enemy destroyers and make the progression to tier X in this line more logical.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

ST. Balance changes.

In update 0.8.0, fire duration on certain large cruisers has been increased from 45 to 60 seconds. This change is systemic and affects the following ships: Kronstadt, Stalingrad, Azuma and Alaska.

The excellent armor of these large cruisers created an excessive advantage in survival during long battles. With the correct positioning of the ships, the only way to deal a lot of damage to them is through setting fires. Increasing the time required to extinguish the fire for these cruisers will improve their balance compared to conventional cruisers, keeping their distinctive features: high damage from the main battery salvo, good armored citadel and large amount of hit points.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,944 posts
7,281 battles
32 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

• Dunkerque - Main Bat Reload 28 to 26 sec
  • Sims - Torps Base, 5.5 to 7 km / Alt: Torps 9.2 to 10.5, (also more damage, slightly more time to reload)
  • Udaloi -  - Repair to Extra Slot
  • Kii - Main bat 31 to 30; 10 km torps

I'm really excited about these four changes, especially for Sims. Though Dunkie will still be underwhelming, IMO

Alpha Tester
2,164 posts

Pity Duck of Yuck is still overlooked even though she has been in the game for over a year.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles

Looking forward to seeing a Mahan fail div into T10 and gun down a Yueyang!

• Funny 1

[CRMSN]
5,750 posts
3,923 battles
49 minutes ago, vak_ said:

I'm really excited about these four changes, especially for Sims. Though Dunkie will still be underwhelming, IMO

Sims are great QOL changes. I look forward to trying out that .4km window of short range torp stealth torping

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,944 posts
7,281 battles
6 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Sims are great QOL changes. I look forward to trying out that .4km window of short range torp stealth torping

Same. I already run the 5km torps anyway, because they're great for cap contests, so this is a huge buff for me. 

[KSE]
Members
7,729 posts
8,067 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

I'm still stuck on Kii getting 10km torps. :cap_book:

I know, right? Various parts of me are dancing with joy at that, and the improvements to Sims, Aigle, and Hood. Dunk's is ok, however I don't feel she really needed it, and I don't have the other ships anymore. But, I may just buy them back, now.

[KSE]
Members
7,729 posts
8,067 battles
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

I hope someday WG sees fit to give the Roma some love in the form of Main Battery Accuracy. Its a good ship that most of the time can't hit a broadside ship at close range. 

Heresy! Blasphemy! Sacrilege!

...Wait, he's right...

:Smile_hiding: