You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Buffs Ahoy - Let's Talk Game Balance 12 Ships to be buffed! Radar Changes.

234 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
2,236 posts
4,191 battles

Typing as they come. WoWs dev Blog updates will be coming soon as well. When there is any justification for the buff I will also include it.

1. Aigle will get torpedo buff from 7km to 8km in order to improve her ability to torp from stealth.
  2. Dunkerque reload reduced to 26 seconds from 28 in order to improve her ability to do damage due to the lower caliber main battery.
  3. Sims buff of torpedoes. The short ranged gets from 5.5km to 7km.  Long range torpedoes go to 10.5km from 9.2. Improved alpha as well. Reload increased from 72 to 76 seconds.
  4. Mahan RoF buff from 4 seconds to 3.3. Due to the bad shell arcs a RoF buff will help increase her damage.
  5. Colorado sigma increase from 1.9 to 2.0. Because of the New Mexico having 12 barrels and Colorado getting reduced to 8, an accuracy buff will increase the hit probability.
  6. Kiev can get a Repair Party instead of Smoke. She will have 2 charges with Premium Consumable.
  7. Ognevoi gets access to Repair Party on an extra slot. 2 charges as well with Premium Consumable.
  8. Udaloi will also be getting a Repair Party, I guess it's Oprah time for VMF DDs. 2 charges as well. All the VMF changes are done in order to better prepare the ground for the tier Xs.
  9. Nagato reload time reduced from 32 seconds to 30. Same as Colorado, buff in order to improve her ability to do more damage.
  10. Kii buff. Reload reduced from 31 to 30. TORP BUFF. 10km torpedoes instead of 6. 1 knot nerf to speed, damage buff to 17.2k. The torpedo buff is still in consideration. The torpedo buff will make them more reliable. In addition due to the bad broadside of Kii, she will be able to use her torps more efficiently and without getting into brawl range.
  11. Izumo sigma increase from 1.8 to 2.0. WG is taking a step by step approach regarding her to see where they will get.
  12. Hood buff! Sigma from 1.8 to 1.9. Fuse delay increase to help deal with BBs.

Since alot of people on chat are mentioning Blyskawica, she still is good based on statistics; if they do something drastic she will turn OP, so they will have to find a more elegant solution.

Fire duration for the "large cruisers (Stalingrad, Kron, Alaska, Azuma) will become uniformly 60 seconds from 45. The large HP pool and armor schemes led to this decision. If positioned well without being exposed these ships are almost invulnerable to regular cruisers.

BIG RADAR CHANGE, IMAGE INCOMING.

1021852414_Screenshot2019-01-1719_56_49.png.759a40987a14af1bf71e8bba3fbdbfb6.png

The point of the delay is to give a chance to a radared DD to avoid getting focused down by the whole team immediately.

A line of sight radar would require for the whole game to be redesigned. While a good solution it was just not possible. They tried it but it just did not work.

The CV rework won't increase any system requirements graphics wise.

The tier VIII MM issue is pretty difficult to balance because of tier popularity. Tier VIII and Tier X are at about the same levels of popularity at the moment.

Soon TM the way to obtain Azuma will be revealed.

Next week there will be a CV centred stream with St. Petersburg. Same day, same time.

On a side note, WG is looking into ways to mass produce Torpillows.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 34
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
206 posts
5,752 battles

Thank you.

Members
825 posts
10,540 battles

“SIMS”

Holy crap, they work fast, lol!  Thank you very much WG!  Now if we can just work on Atlanta’s torpedo range; maybe something like 6.4km like the Farrugut?  4.5km is to short to do much of anything.

Thanks again though!  

[DRACS]
Members
4,094 posts

Perfect, thanks! I'm watching the stream now, but I'm doing so from work, so attention is sporadic.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,052 posts
10,135 battles

Those sea mines on the Sims are hilarious and the extra range will make them even more so. 4 seconds on the reload is a small price to pay. Especially with a boost to alpha to make them less reliant on flooding.

Will Udaloi have to give up smoke to have heal or will it be on its own slot? That ship is powerful as it is. One of the best in the line. Why do they need to buff it?

• Cool 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,318 posts
3,614 battles

Sims and Nagato buffs?  Is it my birthday already?

[5BS]
Members
5,679 posts
25 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Sims buff of torpedoes. The short ranged gets from 5.5km to 7km.  Long range torpedoes go to 10.5km from 9.2. Improved alpha as well. Reload increased from 72 to 76 seconds.

Best gunboat with the most trolly torps at T7 gets a buff? Yeah baby, love it.

Oh wait, no one pay attention to the sleeper that is the Sims, it's awful and this buff is totally unfair as it is not ENOUGH of a buff.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[ALL41]
Members
150 posts
4,956 battles

Great news, I love brawling with Dunkerque and Kii so any buff helps.     Thanks for posting.  

[-BUI-]
Members
561 posts
2,537 battles

Pleased the Aigle will finally be useable, it needed 8 KM torps BADLY.

• Cool 2

Members
3,332 posts
1,475 battles
30 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Typing as they come. WoWs dev Blog

On a side note, WG is looking into ways to mass produce Torpillows.

Screw all the boring stuff.

DETAILS.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
5,778 posts
9,807 battles
18 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Typing as they come. WoWs dev Blog updates will be coming soon as well. When there is any justification for the buff I will also include it.

1. Aigle will get torpedo buff from 7km to 8km in order to improve her ability to torp from stealth. Nice quality of life improvement.  No argument.
  2. Dunkerque reload reduced to 26 seconds from 28 in order to improve her weakness to do damage due to the lower caliber main battery. Would have much rather preferred a sigma buff, but something is better than nothing.
  3. Sims buff of torpedoes. The short ranged gets from 5.5km to 7km.  Long range torpedoes go to 10.5km from 9.2. Improved alpha as well. Reload increased from 72 to 76 seconds. The strength of this buff will depend on what the alpha becomes.  Although the 7km short range torps now become much more appealing.
  4. Mahan RoF buff from 4 seconds to 3.3. Due to the bad shell arcs a RoF buff will help increase her damage. This is good.  Mahan suffers badly against her newer counterparts.
  5. Colorado sigma increase from 1.9 to 2.0. Because of the New Mexico having 12 barrels and Colorado getting reduced to 8, an accuracy buff will increase the hit probability. Another quality of life improvement that will help the teething pains of getting into Colorado.
  6. Kiev can get a Repair Party instead of Smoke. She will have 2 charges with Premium Consumable.  Definitely don't like the trend of all these DDs with repair party option.  Russian DDs are already pretty strong....do they really need a repair party to help?
  7. Ognevoi gets access to Repair Party on an extra slot. 2 charges as well with Premium Consumable.  See #6.
  8. Udaloi will also be getting a Repair Party, I guess it's Oprah time for VMF DDs. 2 charges as well.  See #6.
  9. Nagato reload time reduced from 32 seconds to 30.  Another decent improvement to another 8 gun battleship.  Although I always thought Nagato was in a pretty decent place.

Random useless input and thoughts added by me.

• Cool 6

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,052 posts
10,135 battles
10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Best gunboat with the most trolly torps at T7 gets a buff? Yeah baby, love it.

Oh wait, no one pay attention to the sleeper that is the Sims, it's awful and this buff is totally unfair as it is not ENOUGH of a buff.

Why bother using the guns, especially 5”/38s, with torpedoes that reload that fast? You should be setting up for your next launch anyway.

[GOOF]
Members
69 posts
3,641 battles
6 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

6 DD buffs, 5 BB buffs, 0 cruiser buffs.  Interesting.

Thank you 

Wondering how WG  will balance cruiser captains now

[DRACS]
Members
4,094 posts
5 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

6 DD buffs, 5 BB buffs, 0 cruiser buffs.  Interesting.

I believe Wargaming mentioned that they want to change the cruiser meta as a whole, so maybe they are waiting on the final picture before buffing or nerfing. For example, they said that they want to buff to buff cruisers so that they can bounce shots if sharply angled, which means they'll likely be giving all cruisers a 30mm upper belt, which of course would turn Des Moines into an absolute monster.

Well, I guess we'll find out soonish.

• Cool 1

[GOOF]
Members
69 posts
3,641 battles

This is very rock and scissors and wet paper 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,052 posts
10,135 battles
37 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Since alot of people on chat are mentioning Blyskawica, she still is good based on statistics; if they do something drastic she will turn OP, so they will have to find a more elegant solution.

The people I see having trouble with Blys seem to all be running AFT. Stop doing that. Put the points somewhere useful. You won’t be visible from the moon and you’ll actually hit stuff.

Members
825 posts
10,540 battles
14 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Best gunboat with the most trolly torps at T7 gets a buff?

Glad your in the minority.

12 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

Great news, I love brawling with Dunkerque and Kii so any buff helps.     Thanks for posting.  

I’m tempted to ask for secondary buff, since they actually have competent secondaries (130mm) but idk.

[DRACS]
Members
4,094 posts

I really wish Sims would have gotten a concealment buff instead. 6.6km (?) concealment at tier 7 is rough these days. But then again, given her agility and rate of fire, maybe that would make her a bit OP, who knows?

[SBS]
Members
3,257 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, KaptainKaybe said:

I really wish Sims would have gotten a concealment buff instead. 6.6km (?) concealment at tier 7 is rough these days. But then again, given her agility and rate of fire, maybe that would make her a bit OP, who knows?

Not just the Sims, many of the T7 DDs need to be looked at in regards to detection range.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
825 posts
10,540 battles
6 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

6.84km.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,149 posts
7,271 battles

Okay

Colorados buff has me rolling, because all they did was add back the .1 sigma that they took away when they gave her better base HP a little while ago.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 2