You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iKami

Rewarding Thursday!

37 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator
794 posts
454 battles

Hello Captains,

What ship or ships do you take out to reach your goals for the day?

This could be a low level destroyer that you want to launch a bunch of torpedoes or a higher tier ship for the big numbers.

You could need credits. You could need ribbons. You could need xp/captain xp.

We all have ships that we are more comfortable in than others. 

Give me some examples of ships you play to accomplish your goals!

Fuso.jpg

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
323 posts

1. Kamikaze R .....it has a special place in my port. The closest thing to my old Minekazie before the nerf.

2. Mighty Mo. When I need credits ....

3. Tirpitz ,for those times you just need an armored DD.

4. Alsace when I want it to rain fire. .

And so many more just for fun ......<o,

Forgot about Huanghe for my Raptor Rescue ops . She's a very good ship in that scenario. Carried me through the 4 million credit grind on my pan- Asian line.

Edited by Versili

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I usually play a few games with the MO since I need the credits. Been having fun in my new ships, Khab, Conq. Just started replaying Hinden and that is a really fun ship to play, kind of missed playing it.

[TDG]
Members
1,526 posts
7,000 battles

It depends greatly on the requirements.  In general, I try to leverage the ships/commanders I'm currently grinding to get more return for the effort.

If I need credits, I run Missouri and Musashi.  They also do well for XP.

For hits and damage, I can run Fiji and Sims in Co-op (if allowed), or Akizuki in Randoms.

When I feel the need for speed, I run Leningrad.  It is a fun DD to run.

[POP]
Members
1,274 posts
8,730 battles

My current goal is to get the level 4 emblem for destroyers. That's averaging 64k damage over the last 100 T10 battles. 

I'm at 61,032 right now. Shima is my go to ship for this. Unfrotunately, I tend to have good matches and bad matches. Match 1 of the day, I get 4 kills and 140k in damage. Yay! Match 2, I'm focused and killed within the first 3 minutes of the match with a mere 2k in damage. Grrr...

I'm trying to focus on staying alive and getting in positions to do more damage. Still having to temper my general aggression. 

[KOI-S]
Members
236 posts
1,509 battles

Z-52 for normal play, but if working on other captains my new T-61/Z-39.

Even use them for the weekly mission, and have some great results with them.

[WGA]
Administrator
794 posts
454 battles
11 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

My current goal is to get the level 4 emblem for destroyers. That's averaging 64k damage over the last 100 T10 battles. 

I'm at 61,032 right now. Shima is my go to ship for this. Unfrotunately, I tend to have good matches and bad matches. Match 1 of the day, I get 4 kills and 140k in damage. Yay! Match 2, I'm focused and killed within the first 3 minutes of the match with a mere 2k in damage. Grrr...

I'm trying to focus on staying alive and getting in positions to do more damage. Still having to temper my general aggression. 

That is great that you are working on things you know you need to improve on. Keep at it and it will happen =).

[CAST]
Members
1,423 posts
7,924 battles

I have found myself taking out the Musashi lately.  Previously, I had used the MO for credit grinding when needed.  I liked the MO anyway and did fairly well in it, so the Musashi had sat idle in my port for quite a while.  However, due to mission grinds recently, I found that even though the Musashi doesn't print credits like the MO, it can often equal or beat the MO in credit earnings, because it is easier to get a good game in it.

[RKLES]
Members
8,342 posts
10,574 battles

Normally it’s taking my tier VI-VIII ships out to complete sailing missions, earn credits, XP, Captain XP, earn awards for signal flags, open my daily containers, and to just have fun.

But today Working Prinz Friedrich Campaign to get those tier VI ships, port slots, and Camo is a priority as well as using P.E. Friedrich to get the rest of the Steel as well. Which since Friedrich has my 17 point Gneisenau / Scharnhorst Captain onnit, it’s at least helping get that Captain up to 19 points as well.

Then since it’s a Clan Battle, my tier X ships will be in use this evening. Have to haul in the Free XP, Elite Captain XP, and credits from that after all. Since mid tier ships while I find them the most fun, they don’t earn the Captain XP quite as fast as the tier X, so some assistance is often required to make their captains combat capable or even optimized depending on my goals, and the needs for ships.

[TBOW]
Members
1,523 posts
11,441 battles

When I am looking for just plain fun or break a losing streak, I go to the Boise or Perth.

[RKLES]
Members
8,342 posts
10,574 battles
2 minutes ago, Murcc said:

I have found myself taking out the Musashi lately.  Previously, I had used the MO for credit grinding when needed.  I liked the MO anyway and did fairly well in it, so the Musashi had sat idle in my port for quite a while.  However, due to mission grinds recently, I found that even though the Musashi doesn't print credits like the MO, it can often equal or beat the MO in credit earnings, because it is easier to get a good game in it.

Yes that is the key, finding what will make consistent credits for the day, because on a really bad MM day your Missouri may not make the money it normally does thanks to matches ending far too quickly. So another premium ship at tier 9, or even going tiers 6,7,8, or 10 can actually bring in more credits depending on the day. 

[WORX]
Members
2,562 posts
13,923 battles

If I need to get XP goal for the "Pork Fried Rice" campaign and I dont have enough time to grind... THe ATL is the ship of choice... Very good ship to achieve that objective.

Edited by Navalpride33

[SALVO]
Members
18,314 posts
18,908 battles
23 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

Ogre, to me, this is a big problem with trying to work those average damage emblems with torp DDs.  You have far less control over your damage production than gunboat DDs, such as the Khab, do.  It seems like your only option is to have those massive damage games to balance off the low damage games, whereas gunboats can be a lot more reliable and consistent in their damage production.

Ah well.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,073 posts
5,494 battles

I was going to take a rest and derp in co-op or low-tier randoms, because there were no more snowflakes worth busting a gut for in the time I had left. But now that 0.8.0 has been pushed back another week, there might be JUST enough time to grind up to Minotaur and get her Tier X steel.

*sigh* Once more unto the grind.

[SALVO]
Members
18,314 posts
18,908 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I was going to take a rest and derp in co-op or low-tier randoms, because there were no more snowflakes worth busting a gut for in the time I had left. But now that 0.8.0 has been pushed back another week, there might be JUST enough time to grind up to Minotaur and get her Tier X steel.

*sigh* Once more unto the grind.

Back to the grind, you sea dog!!! :cap_horn:       :Smile_trollface:

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles

If it is Ribbons you need than I take the Republique, played well you can get 400-500 in a single game. 

If it is destroy X amount of Modules than the Nelson is the ship to pick and sling HE. Again usually you can complete those missions in one or two games. 

If it is citadels you need and T5 is an option, the Kirov. She is a cit producing machine. If T-5 is not allowed the Prinz Eugen. Her AP is vicious. 

[POP]
Members
1,274 posts
8,730 battles
22 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Ogre, to me, this is a big problem with trying to work those average damage emblems with torp DDs.  You have far less control over your damage production than gunboat DDs, such as the Khab, do.  It seems like your only option is to have those massive damage games to balance off the low damage games, whereas gunboats can be a lot more reliable and consistent in their damage production.

Ah well.

That's likely true, but I've only had 1 T10 DD until last month when picked up Benson. I just don't get the damage numbers with her right now. I basically need 6 torp hits to be above 64k in Shima. Which really isn't all that hard. 

[WGA]
Administrator
794 posts
454 battles
33 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

When I am looking for just plain fun or break a losing streak, I go to the Boise or Perth.

The Perth? That is an interesting choice! What makes you relax in the Perth?

[WGA]
Administrator
794 posts
454 battles
10 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

Asashio for fun, Mo for credits

Asashio.. so you like being the bane of BBs? =)

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,359 posts
1 hour ago, iKami said:

Hello Captains,

What ship or ships do you take out to reach your goals for the day?

This could be a low level destroyer that you want to launch a bunch of torpedoes or a higher tier ship for the big numbers.

You could need credits. You could need ribbons. You could need xp/captain xp.

We all have ships that we are more comfortable in than others. 

Give me some examples of ships you play to accomplish your goals!

Fuso.jpg

My favorite is Massachusetts(In fact I found I liked her so I got version B as well)   However  ATM  I  am grinding   Grober Kurfurst  Legendary Upgrade so......................:cap_rambo::cat_paw:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[ALPHA]
Members
191 posts
4,399 battles

For mindless fun: Khabarovsk, Harugumo.

For credits: Missouri, Atago, Musashi, Tirpitz.

For free XP: Anshan.

For cruiser challenges and CB: Hindenburg.

[TOG]
Members
3,024 posts
16,250 battles

Goal FY19: Reach 52% W/R

Current ships:

1. Haida - Hail Cobra Chicken

2. Cossack

3. Zao

4. Atago - seems to be working for me

For destresing after clan battles

Haragumo - sometimes you just want to see ships burn.

[TBOW]
Members
1,523 posts
11,441 battles
2 hours ago, iKami said:

The Perth? That is an interesting choice! What makes you relax in the Perth?

I generally get a T6 game for Starters, so not double uptiered that much either so it is more relaxing, and more evenly matched.  And it is just a fun bote for me.