You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
User_K

MM vs 99.7% Loss Probability

39 comments in this topic

Members
5,201 posts
9,061 battles

Considering the time of year and the influx of "MM is unfair" threads, I think it's appropriate to remind everyone of the following:

Spoiler

99.7% chance to lose

C8CGSNSXQAMoTWx.jpg

It's possible to defy the odds, but not with a defeatist "woe-is-me" mentality. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,483 posts
22,976 battles

Brady's just an Ahole who doesn't know when to stop fighting.

• Funny 4

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,149 posts
7,299 battles

You need to actually have the chance to make a comeback. This opportunity does not exist within the current trend of “the match ends in five minutes because six of your ships on the other flank died without doing anything, and the enemy won on points.” Beating the odds is the exception, not the rule. Ten [edited] losses for one win doesn’t inspire confidence.

I’ll be as defeatist as I please, as things are only getting worse, not better.

• Cool 1

[PT8TO]
Members
1,575 posts
14,932 battles

https://giphy.com/gifs/fb5cYjwzxT4yY/html5

When MM stacks the odds against you, you load up and deliver a right hook to its chin lol.

But I think many mistake MM woes for a more common issue.

Which is players lacking the knowledge and skill at certain tiers to make the games competitive in Randoms on a consistent basis.

My last 122 games have been just awful at tier X but i know its not MM.

It is a combination of me being burned out from CBs, Tired of loosing half my team in 5 minutes and playing from 1-6 am

Sometimes its a good lesson to others if you let them loose and not put them on your shoulders all the time.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,288 posts
10,452 battles

Just another opportunity to excel. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
40 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Considering the time of year and the influx of "MM is unfair" threads, I think it's appropriate to remind everyone of the following:

Reveal hidden contents

99.7% chance to lose

C8CGSNSXQAMoTWx.jpg

It's possible to defy the odds, but not with a defeatist "woe-is-me" mentality". 

I agree with this. There have been many games, even recently, when it looked really bad, but just keep plugging away.

30 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

You need to actually have the chance to make a comeback. This opportunity does not exist within the current trend of “the match ends in five minutes because six of your ships on the other flank died without doing anything, and the enemy won on points.” Beating the odds is the exception, not the rule. Ten [edited] losses for one win doesn’t inspire confidence.

I’ll be as defeatist as I please, as things are only getting worse, not better.

I agree this is really frustrating as well though. I just had a match last night where we were losing and I was starting to focus down some ships, but before I could really make an impact the game was over.

Ps is that morse code in your sig?

edit, nvm, deciphered the morse code.

Edited by Kevs02Accord
  • Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
10,770 posts
47 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Reveal hidden contents

99.7% chance to lose

C8CGSNSXQAMoTWx.jpg

It's possible to defy the odds, but not with a defeatist "woe-is-me" mentality". 

Because you think everyone in this game is a Brady? :Smile_amazed:

When you know most of them are Tim Tebow.....:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
425 posts
4,275 battles
45 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Ah your just mad cuz Brady's going to win another Superbowl, I think he's running out of fingers to put the rings on.:cap_haloween:

GO PATS!!!!

[JASH]
Members
3,603 posts
9,203 battles
1 hour ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Hide contents

99.7% chance to lose

C8CGSNSXQAMoTWx.jpg

Oh really?  Pef...  (yes I'm coining a new expression of spent exasperation right here and right now, take note Merriam-Webster!) 

You can call me Sunshine but not even my sun can shine through this!  Pef...   :Smile_trollface:

https://replayswows.com/replay/39898#stats

39898_358_1547716407.jpg

39898_318_1547716407.jpg

SzOCu3o.png

R53mhAB.png

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/3764336432,Prinz-Eitel-Friedrich/?order=max_frags__desc#leaderboard

Edited by MrKilmister

[INTEL]
Members
1,025 posts
9,149 battles

So... you're saying, "Winners can be losers and losers can be winners?"

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,149 posts
7,299 battles

This is the kind of thing that saps a persons will to play the game.

Capture.PNG

• Funny 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,213 posts
13,820 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Just another opportunity to excel. 

Word.

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
5,501 posts
2,625 battles
1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

Last I checked, he's still one of the top 3 best QBs in the business. He'll stop when that's no longer the case, which will not likely be any time soon.

[SHAFT]
Members
327 posts
11,811 battles
12 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

This is the kind of thing that saps a persons will to play the game.

Capture.PNG

I hear you bro. Still over 65% win rate is something that most of us will never achieve in this game.

Thing is there are only three of those charts that you have all the control over and those are the ones that aren't falling.

Win rate to me isn't as important as the damage and xp counts. Once those are going up I'm doing my part and improving my game.

I wish they would replace the win rate metric with something like average place in team.

Its hard to win if half the team yolos in 5 minutes (especially the dds) and you end up perma spotted and being focused by four to 5 ships at the same time cause you are the only one left on that flank.

Members
5,201 posts
9,061 battles
52 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Last I checked, he's still one of the top 3 best QBs in the business. He'll stop when that's no longer the case, which will not likely be any time soon.

Admittedly, his numbers did drop off this year. A lot of people attribute that to the cliff approaching while others say it's a lack of talent around him. Regardless, he's playing way better at age 41 than anyone could have anticipated. He might be losing some of his arm strength and quickness, but he's still the most intelligent QB to play the game. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

Alpha Tester
5,501 posts
2,625 battles

Admittedly, his numbers did drop off this year. A lot of people attribute that to the cliff approaching while others say it's a lack of talent around him. 

And yet they still got a first-round bye, they still won their game against the Chargers, and they still are likely going to win the Super Bowl, even if they have to go through both Patrick Mahomes' gunslinging and Drew Brees' legendary consistency to do it.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
2,323 posts
8,256 battles
4 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

And that’s why he’s the #GOAT.

• Cool 1

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles
4 hours ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Hide contents

99.7% chance to lose

C8CGSNSXQAMoTWx.jpg

MM RIGGED that game. It jacked with the RNG and dispersion on Matt Ryan's passes. It temporarily boosted Brady's sigma from 2.0 to 9.9. Also New England had the better DD players and Atlanta's DD's were all dead by halftime. 

• Funny 3

Members
5,201 posts
9,061 battles
2 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

And yet they still got a first-round bye, they still won their game against the Chargers, and they still are likely going to win the Super Bowl, even if they have to go through both Patrick Mahomes' gunslinging and Drew Brees' legendary consistency to do it.

It's truly impressive... and I doubt we'll see a run of success like it ever again. Not sure how many more years we get of Brady/Belichick, but I'm watching every Pats game until it ends.

And, while I'm crossing my fingers that they'll win against the Chiefs, I'm doubtful. That Mahomes kid is special, Reid is smart, and Hill is the fastest player in the league... and it's in their stadium.