You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

cv opt out

142 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
105 posts
9,864 battles

How about an option to opt out of cv play. that way players that dont want to have terriable cv players ruin their ship game. it would not even be hard to due. Make a mode of play that called cv. that way it is a choice to have cvs. it will also give you an accurate number of the player base that actually want cvs in their game. have it after 2 minutes fill in the missing players on each side with bots. I know a lot of players that are looking for a ship alternative for wows once the no skill cv rework is launched and they cant play a game without cvs being in it. WG you need to consider the number of players you stand to lose when you break the gameplay a it has been. Ship vs Ship was what made the game popular. not cv kill al the other boats. we tolerated the cvs and continued to play cause it was only about 10% of the matches had cv's. now it ill be 60%. I personally may be leaving the game. wg you have a planes game. dont ruin your ship game. give us a option to not participate. or make it a game mode not Randoms.

• Cool 17
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 10
  • Bad 19
  • Angry 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,829 posts
5,447 battles

No just no if they didn’t do this for Arty in Tanks then they will not do this for CV. 

• Bad 1

Members
1,850 posts
3,784 battles

How about the option to ban people with this stupid idea?  That'd be great.

• Cool 20
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 13

[KOI-S]
Members
236 posts
1,509 battles

Sadly this is a dead horse issue, and has been brought up many times.

It's not gonna happen, and honestly probably shouldnt be a can of worms that ever gets opened. Cause doing one would open the door for "no BB" or "no DD" games as well, which is not in keeping with the balancing of the game.

Edited by xovian
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
18,305 posts
18,887 battles
Just now, Palladia said:

How about the option to ban people with this stupid idea?  That'd be great.

I'd be for dinging people who call for any sort of opt out.  Whatever the game's content is, there should never be any option to opt out of any of it.  Either it's in the game or it's not.  And if it is, then you have to play it, whether it's a map, a battle mode, or a type of ship.

Mind you, I wouldn't be broken hearted if carriers were entirely removed from the game, but I don't think that that's going to happen any time soon, if at all.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,065 posts
3 minutes ago, MEANN said:

How about an option to opt out of cv play. that way players that dont want to have terriable cv players ruin their ship game. it would not even be hard to due. Make a mode of play that called cv. that way it is a choice to have cvs. it will also give you an accurate number of the player base that actually want cvs in their game. have it after 2 minutes fill in the missing players on each side with bots. I know a lot of players that are looking for a ship alternative for wows once the no skill cv rework is launched and they cant play a game without cvs being in it. WG you need to consider the number of players you stand to lose when you break the gameplay a it has been. Ship vs Ship was what made the game popular. not cv kill al the other boats. we tolerated the cvs and continued to play cause it was only about 10% of the matches had cv's. now it ill be 60%. I personally may be leaving the game. wg you have a planes game. dont ruin your ship game. give us a option to not participate. or make it a game mode not Randoms.

Regardless of one's position on CVs being in the game, or on the rework in 0.8.0,  a "no ships of this type" option will never exist in WOWS. 

(And if they ever make the mistake of putting subs in WOWS, I will very much want this option, but also never expect it to actually exist.)

[SALVO]
Members
18,305 posts
18,887 battles
2 minutes ago, xovian said:

Sadly this is a dead horse issue, and has been brought up many times.

It's not gonna happen, and honestly probably shouldn't be a can of worms that ever gets opened. Cause doing one would open the door for "no BB" or "no DD" games as well, which is not in keeping with the balancing of the game.

This is a huge reason why opt outs should never exist.  You should have to deal with all content in the game, or not play the game at all.  

• Bad 1

[PTRGT]
Members
165 posts
25,680 battles

From a programing point of view it would be possible BUT and its a big one. You could be waiting for 5 or 10 minutes for matchmaking to find you a game. If you played COD or other similar games that gave you option for map, game mode etc. Even when they had millions of players they still had a long wait in Que waiting for your  preferred game mode.

Wargamings matchmaking is slow enough as it is, and the player base is nowhere close to COD side so I'd doubt they'd even entertain it

[HATE]
Members
105 posts
9,864 battles

to put a data point to how the game is not a cv game. the hak vs yammy leaderboard. yammy has 9951 players on it and the hak has 531

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

No. There wouldn't be anyone left playing the game. BB's would opt out of HE spammers, DDs would opt out of radar ships, etc...

[KRAK]
Members
2,012 posts
14,685 battles
20 minutes ago, MEANN said:

Never seen this request before. Random means random you get what you get. Stay closer to other ships to share AA if CV are that big a problem for you.

[SBS]
Members
3,257 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

This is a huge reason why opt outs should never exist.  You should have to deal with all content in the game, or not play the game at all.

Crucis, you've got a ton of experience in this game, and I think that gives you some good insight.  Many of your posts show that experience and insight.  Other times you come off as a simpleton.  Your take it or leave it attitude, your hard stance on so many topics show you are being shortsighted on important aspects of the game around attracting and maintaining the player base.  I don't think you're a simpleton, but sometimes you put on one very convincing impression. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[SALVO]
Members
18,305 posts
18,887 battles
13 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Crucis, you've got a ton of experience in this game, and I think that gives you some good insight.  Many of your posts show that experience and insight.  Other times you come off as a simpleton.  Your take it or leave it attitude, your hard stance on so many topics show you are being shortsighted on important aspects of the game around attracting and maintaining the player base.  I don't think you're a simpleton, but sometimes you put on one very convincing impression. 

My "hard stances" come from not being some squishy minded fence sitter who can't make up his mind on things, or who has no core beliefs and principles and thus is like a willow tree, being blown every which way by winds of whatever opinion is popular on this or that day.  I am far from a simpleton.  What I am is a very principled person.  And frankly, from my perspective, the simpletons are those squishy minded fence sitters.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[S-N-D]
Members
2,054 posts
6,111 battles
32 minutes ago, MEANN said:

to put a data point to how the game is not a cv game. the hak vs yammy leaderboard. yammy has 9951 players on it and the hak has 531

Yes, people play the OP EZ mode ship class and avoid the hard part of the game. Surprised?

[TBOW]
Members
1,519 posts
11,418 battles

In order to do so you may:

1.  Stop playing, you will then never have to worry about the big bad CV.

2. Upon seeing 1 CV in queue, click the leave queue button.  I would hover incase you see 2, might get the insta-drop.

3. Or play tier 1 and 2.

Beta Testers
1,234 posts
5,597 battles

Sure they can add it right next to the "BB opt out", "CA opt out" and "DD opt out" options.  Won't it be fun when we are all you queue for hours waiting for a game with just the ships we are strong against.   Well except they will be the ones selecting to opt you out of their games..

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
353 posts
2,588 battles

Only we if can opt out from the bad DDs, CAs and Ls,  BBs aswell

[HINON]
Members
10,089 posts
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Can I opt out of all opt out threads?

We should also then make a PSA about it.

Members
20,784 posts
5,614 battles

There is an option for now, it's called PvE....

• Cool 1

[DRACS]
Members
4,094 posts

You can opt out of carriers when other players can opt out of battles with battleships, cruisers, and destroyer.

Killing the game.

So how about no?

[SALVO]
Members
18,305 posts
18,887 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

There is an option for now, it's called PvE....

True, but even in PvE, MM will occasionally throw in a CV if the team isn't full of live players and MM is feeling particularly nasty.

Members
20,784 posts
5,614 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

True, but even in PvE, MM will occasionally throw in a CV if the team isn't full of live players and MM is feeling particularly nasty.

I was under the impression that the post-rework CV AI was going to take quite some time.

I was assuming he was talking about a post-rework opt out.